Author Topic: Trump to GOP: 'I'm sorry I did this to you'  (Read 7201 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump to GOP: 'I'm sorry I did this to you'
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2015, 04:54:00 am »
I'm a Republican.  But, I'm a very angry Republican.  We've gone over it already.

Act like a damned opposition party.  And do it with passion and determination.  Show some damned Statesmanship.

Instead we get McConnell who looks like he died ten years ago.  We need ACTION!

Show me SOMETHING!!

So I'm done with them.  Like Reagan said, "...., they left me!".

You want jumping up and down and yelling and screaming.

Or would you prefer reading from Dr. Seuss at 2 am?

DC, you're turned into a teenager.

Emotion. Raw emotion. That's what you want.

In the end, that accomplishes nothing.

You can be done with them, but they're not done.

And they won't be, whether Trump is elected or not.

I can't believe how off the rails a man like you has become.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LambChop

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2015, 05:34:05 am »

Be prepared for him to bolt to the middle if nominated.  That means he'll soften on immigration, increase the number of Americans he wants to tax, and,contrary to his own actions, go on the offensive against "big business."  He'll embrace the Iran deal and decide Obamacare is something that just needs to be improved.

Too late, he's already stated he's for universal healthcare. He's going to take care of EVERYBODY by raising taxes on the wealthy.  :whistle:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/28/trump-pushes-single-payer-healthcare-tax-increase-on-wealthy/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2015, 06:52:34 am »
Cruz has accomplished NOTHING in the US Senate except being shown up on his attempt to shut down the government and voted down 98-2 that was intended to be a public rebuke of him by the Senate as a whole.

Ted Cruz works in a body that has no respect for him.

He has barely less experience than Rubio, and, he shows up for the job.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2015, 08:54:59 am »
God bless him and keep him safe.   :laugh:
Your prayers are offsetting my prayers for a debilitating Trump stroke.  Not a mundane common stroke, but a gilded, classy, upscale stroke worthy of the name Trump.

Sadly my Pastor says prayer doesn't work this way.

That is why I am reading up about VooDoo.

Do you know where I could find an albino goat, and the earlobes of a condemned woman?

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2015, 09:09:11 am »
Why don't you leave the party, DC?

You geriatric arm-chair warriors (and I'm 64) who think the GOP Congress can work miracles in the face of a president of the opposite party amaze me.  You want to burn down Washington,to fire everybody, but who would you replace them with?  People like Cruz who hasn't accomplished jack in his time in the Senate?

Nothing but anger. Elect a Republican with a Republican Congress and you might get something done.

But ELECT A REPUBLICAN.

Not Trump.

You say you are modifying your approach, and this reply is most definitely toned down.  Drop the "geriatric arm-chair warriors" next time...the self deprecating remark that you are also a geriatric arm-chair warrior is good enough for me, but you will get no credit from your detractors.  You will be held to a higher standard until others see a change.  Don't insult a poster.  Keep the focus on Trump and not DC.  The rest of your reply is solid as usual.

Tell me to STFU if you think my critique is unhelpful.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2015, 10:07:42 am »
You say you are modifying your approach, and this reply is most definitely toned down.  Drop the "geriatric arm-chair warriors" next time...the self deprecating remark that you are also a geriatric arm-chair warrior is good enough for me, but you will get no credit from your detractors.  You will be held to a higher standard until others see a change.  Don't insult a poster.  Keep the focus on Trump and not DC.  The rest of your reply is solid as usual.

Tell me to STFU if you think my critique is unhelpful.

It's okay, Once-Ler.   "NOBODY BODDER ME!!"  (Karate/Kung-Fu commercial campaign)

Next he called me an emotional teenager....all because I want to rip off their heads and pee down their necks.?   

LOL!  I'm confused!    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2015, 10:19:53 am »
For every Hispanic Trump losses over immigration, Trump gains an inner city black voter upset about illegals undercutting his wages.

No doubt.  All over this nation Blacks are flocking to Trump as the only candidates who is looking out for their freedom to be shot by cops while commuting to a job formally filled by illegal aliens.

For every pro-abortion woman Trump loses, he gains a security mom glad Trump will end gun-free school zones.

It is sad but true, when ever Trump has said "let us shut down Planned Parenthood!"  Which has been NEVER, a parent has packed a loaded firearm in their child's lunchbox...wait..whut?

Trump owns security Hawks. Veterans, police, military, they're all voting Trump.

Indeed.  Veterans have always admired the pampered sons of the wealthy who could afford 4 college deferments rather than enlisting, over loser who were caught and tortured.  Security hawks are extremely impressed with Trump's impressive military strategy of "bombing the sh*t out of them."

The little people are starting to speak with a louder and louder voice. They want common sense coming from government.

Trump seems to be providing that.

3 cheers for the very vocal little people.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2015, 12:18:51 pm »
Ted Cruz works in a body that has no respect for him. 

Good.  That's another plus in Cruz' column.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2015, 01:15:56 pm »
Good.  That's another plus in Cruz' column.

Not if he somehow got elected President.  Which he won't.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2015, 01:18:47 pm »
He has barely less experience than Rubio, and, he shows up for the job.

Nobody cares that he shows up.  Cruz is probably the least popular Senator among his confreres, which doesn't speak well for working with others down the road.

You've read the saying about Cruz that one of his fellow lawyers said, haven't you?

"Why do people take an instant dislike to Ted Cruz?  It saves time."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 01:21:21 pm by sinkspur »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2015, 01:25:54 pm »
No doubt.  All over this nation Blacks are flocking to Trump as the only candidates who is looking out for their freedom to be shot by cops while commuting to a job formally filled by illegal aliens.

It is sad but true, when ever Trump has said "let us shut down Planned Parenthood!"  Which has been NEVER, a parent has packed a loaded firearm in their child's lunchbox...wait..whut?

Indeed.  Veterans have always admired the pampered sons of the wealthy who could afford 4 college deferments rather than enlisting, over loser who were caught and tortured.  Security hawks are extremely impressed with Trump's impressive military strategy of "bombing the sh*t out of them."

3 cheers for the very vocal little people.

This is classic.  I'm stealing it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2015, 01:44:36 pm »
Not if he somehow got elected President.  Which he won't.

Made my day! Now I know Cruz has a real shot at taking ALL the marbles!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2015, 05:18:22 pm »
Nobody cares that he shows up.  Cruz is probably the least popular Senator among his confreres, which doesn't speak well for working with others down the road.

You've read the saying about Cruz that one of his fellow lawyers said, haven't you?

"Why do people take an instant dislike to Ted Cruz?  It saves time."

Pfft. Spewing out locker room skank gossip to try and change the subject? At least Cruz shows up for people to get mad at him. Can't make enemies if you're never there, like Rubio.

Making people mad in the bloated ego frat boy circle of the US Senate is a badge of honor. Alot of those blowhards someone to stand up to them.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:19:59 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2015, 05:21:54 pm »
Pfft. Spewing out locker room skank gossip to try and change the subject? At least Cruz shows up for people to get mad at him. Can't make enemies if you're never there, like Rubio.

Making people mad in the frat boy circle of the US Senate is a badge of honor.

So you're down to "well Cruz irritates the hell out of every other Senator but Mike Lee, but that's good." 

That's a very low bar for a job of any kind.

Cruz is the ONLY person I've ever heard George W. Bush say he didn't like.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2015, 05:27:11 pm »
So you're down to "well Cruz irritates the hell out of every other Senator but Mike Lee, but that's good." 

You know, that could be a problem with Bush, a little more dislike for the Democrats putting the knife in his back from 2003 on might have been good for everybody.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2015, 05:28:23 pm »

Well if you're into cutsey huggy prancy backslappy stuff, I guess that might be important to you. But alot of those senators that don't like him are arrogant jackweeds in their own right, or too cowed by the good-old-boy club to have a spine.

Whatever the reason - they don't like him making waves, and that's why they don't like him, and why I DO like him.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2015, 05:32:37 pm »
Well if you're into cutsey huggy prancy backslappy stuff, I guess that might be important to you. But alot of those senators that don't like him are arrogant jackweeds in their own right, or too cowed by the good-old-boy club to have a spine.

Whatever the reason - they don't like him making waves, and that's why they don't like him, and why I DO like him.

They don't like his oily, sanctimonious, evangelical-preacher showboating style and his unbending substance.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2015, 05:39:12 pm »
Maybe.  But a Senator doesn't get anything he wants unless he can schmooze at least 50 of his fellow Senators into going along with him, and that always involves the backslappy stuff.  It's the same reason why so many business deals get made on golf courses.

And you are illustrating the divide between conservatives and the GOPe country-clubbers. The house is starting to burn and we got a bunch of little Napoleans wanting people to schmooze and backslap them.

Country clubbers think that whole game is awesome, conservatives see that as an indictment, especially with what's going on right around us.

And I'm afraid just like the Roman senators, they'll keep right at it till it's all burnt down.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2015, 05:41:44 pm »
And you are illustrating the divide between conservatives and the GOPe country-clubbers. The house is starting to burn and we got a bunch of little Napoleans wanting people to schmooze and backslap them.

Country clubbers think that whole game is awesome, conservatives see that as an indictment, especially with what's going on right around us.

And I'm afraid just like the Roman senators, they'll keep right at it till it's all burnt down.

Sheesh. My way or the highway.  Doesn't work in the Senate.  Never has.

That's why Cruz never gets anything he wants.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2015, 05:43:41 pm »
They don't like his oily, sanctimonious, evangelical-preacher showboating style and his unbending substance.

As compared to who? A capitulating, quivering McConnell who only has knives for anyone who challenges him from the Republican side, but can't provide the most basic of opposition against the asshat in the White House?

Your hate of Cruz is palpable. I guess you prefer the dignified capitulation of McConnell. Let the country burn, but let's be dignified about it already!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2015, 05:46:00 pm »
Sheesh. My way or the highway.  Doesn't work in the Senate.  Never has.

That's why Cruz never gets anything he wants.

Yep, you're right, that's pretty much how everyone else in the Senate is - my way or the highway. At least until Obama speaks, then they herd to capitulate.

The Roman senators played the same game, until at least there was no more Roman senate.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2015, 05:48:44 pm »
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you.  At least so long as we wish to live in a civilized country with the possibility that the Democrats' damage can be repaired.  Politics comes right after death, taxes, and prostitution as the oldest of human pursuits, and it has always required schmoozing.  When schmoozing breaks down, the Reign of Terror begins, and continues until the bloodletters are tired, or dead, and schmoozing returns.

Which all sounds great till the house is burning around you, and you keep schmoozing, shuffling the deck chairs.

Some people will play the game all the way to the noose, but never stop playing for the love of the game despite the end game.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2015, 05:51:41 pm »
Sorry if I'm not one of the status quo, Occam's Razor, civility and dignity types. A number here live in the post-WWII, Cold War paradigm. Those days are over. We are in an entirely different body of water now.

We need a damn Churchill, not a Chamberlain, and fast.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:52:25 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2015, 06:05:11 pm »
And it was the champions of the people who brought on the Reign of Terror, which doesn't augur well for Donald Trump.

They also brought on the American Revolution. That went well because a solution was provided and the people were satisfied. The French Revolution went the other way because the unhappy masses weren't, leading to anarchy, a power vacuum, and a dictatorship.

We stand at that same crossroads right now. As far as Trump, anyone trying to predict that outcome has an ego as big as Trump's.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2015, 06:13:16 pm »

No.  The Founders were consummate schmoozers.

Schmoozing for their day among a group of liberty minded people pushing toward a goal. More calculated if not Machiavellian. That isn't today's environment. Today they would be reviled for no other reason than they actually want to do something.
The Republic is lost.