Author Topic: Trump Doesn’t Represent the Conservative Base By Jonah Goldberg  (Read 2776 times)

Offline katzenjammer

Re: Trump Doesn’t Represent the Conservative Base By Jonah Goldberg
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2015, 04:53:02 pm »
It's very easy to write up position papers; anyone can do that, or can buy them, just like you can buy term papers online.  The problem with Trump is his track record, his history.  His is very inconsistent and doesn't demonstrate a commitment to those position papers.  I like a lot of what he says, but I just don't trust him.

Like any election, it is going to come down to a judgment call on the part of the voters....  examining the "puts and takes," the "pros and cons,"  of each candidate in isolation, as well as compared to the other candidates in the field.  It should remain a fascinating process to observe!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2015, 04:57:58 pm »
Like any election, it is going to come down to a judgment call on the part of the voters....  examining the "puts and takes," the "pros and cons,"  of each candidate in isolation, as well as compared to the other candidates in the field.  It should remain a fascinating process to observe!

An I do not have to make a final decision before March 1st of next year.

I personally KNOW Ted Cruz which gives him a huge advantage with me at the moment!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2015, 05:11:50 pm »
Yes and no.  Do you have special inside knowledge?

I actually think it was a good poll to put up.  It's just an unusual thing for a brand-new member to do.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2015, 05:13:43 pm »

I personally KNOW Ted Cruz which gives him a huge advantage with me at the moment!

You're lucky your primary is in March.  Ours is in May and there's rarely anyone on the ballot that I would pick myself. 

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2015, 05:18:58 pm »
I actually think it was a good poll to put up.  It's just an unusual thing for a brand-new member to do.

The reason that I said they should be sent to the bit bucket is because they were poorly done.  They should have been based on the actual policy statements, with a link to the text of each one, and a summary of the main points for each.  The disjointed phrases that were actually posted were worthless for an honest analysis and meaningful poll.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2015, 05:21:18 pm »

March 15th down here.  If I were you, the only question that I would be grappling with is how well you know him!!    :smokin:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2015, 05:23:44 pm »
The reason that I said they should be sent to the bit bucket is because they were poorly done.  They should have been based on the actual policy statements, with a link to the text of each one, and a summary of the main points for each.  The disjointed phrases that were actually posted were worthless for an honest analysis and meaningful poll.

Agree.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2015, 06:20:49 pm »
March 15th down here.  If I were you, the only question that I would be grappling with is how well you know him!!    :smokin:

I know him well enough to know that he is 100% genuine, a lover of the constitution, and has never once lied to me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2015, 06:59:45 pm »
I know him well enough to know that he is 100% genuine, a lover of the constitution, and has never once lied to me.

For all of our sakes, the nation's, the world's, I hope that you are 100% correct in what you believe Mr. Cruz to be.  And if that be the case, that he finds his way into the White House come November of 2016.   :patriot: