Author Topic: Rep. Gohmert: ‘You Cannot Be An American Citizen And Believe Sharia Law Should Supplant Our Constitution’  (Read 2149 times)

rangerrebew

Rep. Gohmert: ‘You Cannot Be An American Citizen And Believe Sharia Law Should Supplant Our Constitution’
By Michael W. Chapman | December 10, 2015 | 2:54 PM EST

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas).  (AP)

Discussing how the Obama administration apparently is not controlling illegal immigration and is using terrorist attacks to justify calls for more gun control, Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) said it is lawmakers’ duty to protect Americans “against all enemies foreign and domestic,” and stressed that Muslim immigrants who believe sharia law (Islamic law) must supplant the Constitution cannot be American citizens.

According to the BBC, “all aspects of a Muslim’s life are governed by Sharia. Sharia law comes from a combination of sources including the Quran, the Hadith (sayings and conduct of Muhammed), and fatwas (the rulings of Islamic scholars).”

As the guest host of Washington Watch radio on Dec. 3, Rep. Gohmert criticized the Obama administration’s handling of illegal criminal aliens in the United States.

“The president has an open, porous border, people are pouring across and we know that some violent people have come across our southern border,” said Gohmert. “So the president has presided over hundreds of thousands, millions really, being in the country illegally, at least 179,000 that, as I understand it, they have detained previously but have let loose on the country who have committed crimes, including murder, rape, robbery.”

Some of those immigrants include terrorists, said Gohmert, and although the administration has “removed some” of them, “there’s a massive number they haven’t.”

“As members of Congress, we are supposed to, we take an oath and we are supposed to be defensive against all enemies foreign and domestic -- the president is,” said Gohmert. “We owe an oath to the Constitution.”

“Then we see reports that some folks, maybe two-thirds of people who believe in Allah, actually would like to see Sharia law take over the place of our Constitution,” he said. 

“You cannot be an American citizen and believe Sharia law should supplant our Constitution,” said Gohmert.

Louie Gohmert, 62, is in his sixth term as a member of Congress.  Prior to Congress, Gohmert was a lawyer in the U.S. Army, served as a state district judge in Tyler, Texas, and was a chief justice on Texas’s 12th Court of Appeals. A Southern Baptist, Gohmert is married and has three children.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/rep-gohmert-you-cannot-be-american-citizen-and-believe-sharia-law-should
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 11:37:21 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Thank you for being bold enough to say that, Mr. Gohmert.

The problem is that for muslims who are "believers" (as distinguished from "secular"), belief in sharia is as fundamental as belief in muhammed.

And we can't even be certain what the so-called "secular muslims" believe.
They may care about sharia, as well, even though they "put on a western face" and don't talk about it.

taqiyya, and all that...

Offline sinkspur

Gomer's erecting a strawman.

What Muslim, by name, is demanding that Sharia Law supplant the Constitution?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

The same sort of accusations were made against Catholics years ago.  A lot of people were afraid of Kennedy because they thought the Pope would be calling the shots if he became president.

Exactly.  I remember that.  "Put that Catholic in office and Rome will be running the US government." 

Offline aligncare

Thank you for being bold enough to say that, Mr. Gohmert.

The problem is that for muslims who are "believers" (as distinguished from "secular"), belief in sharia is as fundamental as belief in muhammed.

And we can't even be certain what the so-called "secular muslims" believe.
They may care about sharia, as well, even though they "put on a western face" and don't talk about it.

taqiyya, and all that...

For drawing Mohammed, mass murders have been committed, entire populations of muzzis have rioted.

And we're not supposed to notice the violence. No, instead we're supposed to stand at the front door and shout "come on in, followers of Mohammed" into a country with a Bill of Rights. (Don't worry, they won't make waves, once everyone submits to sharia or is killed resisting)

Offline sinkspur

For drawing Mohammed, mass murders have been committed, entire populations of muzzis have rioted.

And we're not supposed to notice the violence. No, instead we're supposed to stand at the front door and shout "come on in, followers of Mohammed" into a country with a Bill of Rights. (Don't worry, they won't make waves, once everyone submits to sharia or is killed resisting)

Since Gomer was merely grandstanding, I'll ask you.

Who, by name, is demanding that Sharia Law replace the US Constitution?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I love Louie Gohmert. 

Offline sinkspur

“You cannot be an American citizen and believe Sharia law should supplant our Constitution,” said Gohmert.

Who is advocating that, Gomer?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I love Louie Gohmert.

What's not to love? He is a conservative and he does exactly what he says he will do. I wish he was my congressman!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

What's not to love? He is a conservative and he does exactly what he says he will do. I wish he was my congressman!

What, exactly, does Gomer do?  He's always subbing on some radio show. I'm surprised he has time to vote.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Just a note. Louie is a friend. His heart is in the right place even if his foot is in his mouth. He is a lot wiser than soundbites make him appear.

Offline sinkspur

Just a note. Louie is a friend. His heart is in the right place even if his foot is in his mouth. He is a lot wiser than soundbites make him appear.

I'm glad you vouch for him.  He should never be the face or voice of the Republican House or Party.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

Who is advocating that, Gomer?

Well, for two examples:     

Omar Ahmad, co-founder of the Council on American-Islamic Relations: “Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Quran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.”

Imam Siraj Wahhaj, director of the Muslim Alliance in North America: “In time, this so-called democracy will crumble, and there will be nothing. And the only thing that will remain will be Islam.”

Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Gomer's erecting a strawman.

What Muslim, by name, is demanding that Sharia Law supplant the Constitution?

Well, since you asked twice, I'll give you a couple more:

Muzammil Siddiqi, chairman of both the Fiqh Council of North America and the North American Islamic Trust: “As Muslims, we should participate in the system to safeguard our interests and try to bring gradual change, (but) we must not forget that Allah’s rules have to be established in all lands, and all our efforts should lead to that direction.”

CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper: “I wouldn’t want to create the impression that I wouldn’t like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future.”

...Bob Dylan

Offline sinkspur

Well, for two examples:     

Omar Ahmad, co-founder of the Council on American-Islamic Relations: “Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Quran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.”

Imam Siraj Wahhaj, director of the Muslim Alliance in North America: “In time, this so-called democracy will crumble, and there will be nothing. And the only thing that will remain will be Islam.”

Uh, seems as if Omar Ahmad contends he never made the statement you said he made:

http://www.wnd.com/2006/12/39229/

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:15:59 am by sinkspur »

Offline raml

I can't believe you haven't been reading about different areas of the country trying to use sharia law plus one city in Michigan that is using it. Oh well put your heads in the sand I am getting older and won't be around to see all you unbelievers of Muslims intentions be brought to your knees if something isn't done soon. Look at their history or can't anyone ever fact check here.

Offline sinkspur

Well, since you asked twice, I'll give you a couple more:

Muzammil Siddiqi, chairman of both the Fiqh Council of North America and the North American Islamic Trust: “As Muslims, we should participate in the system to safeguard our interests and try to bring gradual change, (but) we must not forget that Allah’s rules have to be established in all lands, and all our efforts should lead to that direction.”

CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper: “I wouldn’t want to create the impression that I wouldn’t like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future.”
I'll grant you.  Four guys, one questionable.

I'm betting, if I searched long enough, I could find a couple of guys who'd love the US government to be Roman Catholic.

So friggin' what?

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Uh, seems as if Omar Ahmad contends he never made the statement you said he made:

http://www.wnd.com/2006/12/39229/

And the reporter...this was in 2003...stands by the quote.  It did take him about 8 years to deny it.

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
I'll grant you.  Four guys, one questionable.

I'm betting, if I searched long enough, I could find a couple of guys who'd love the US government to be Roman Catholic.

So friggin' what?

Not just four guys...four major leaders in the North American Islamic community. 

...Bob Dylan

Offline sinkspur

And the reporter...this was in 2003...stands by the quote.  It did take him about 8 years to deny it.

I don't really give a damn.

Do you?

Muslims make up 1% of the US population.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Yeah, I do give a damn, they are coming in growing numbers and they are adherents to a violent religion that does not blend into our culture or our system of government.  I don't want to see what is happening in Europe happen here...no go zones and the clashes of culture.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:37:02 am by Scottftlc »

...Bob Dylan

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Since Gomer was merely grandstanding, I'll ask you.

Who, by name, is demanding that Sharia Law replace the US Constitution?

51% of U.S. Muslims Want Sharia

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/260473/51-us-muslims-want-sharia-robert-spencer

Many key Muslim leaders in the U.S. have said the same thing. “Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth.” So said the cofounder and longtime Board chairman of the Hamas-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), Omar Ahmad, back in 1998. He has since denied saying this, but the original reporter stands by her story.

Ahmed’s longtime colleague, Hamas-linked CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper, said in 1993: “I wouldn’t want to create the impression that I wouldn’t like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future.”

Another prominent Muslim leader in the U.S., Siraj Wahhaj, said back in 2002: “If only Muslims were clever politically, they could take over the United States and replace its constitutional government with a caliphate.”

Younger Muslims have expressed the same sentiments. “We reject the U.N., reject America, reject all law and order. Don’t lobby Congress or protest because we don’t recognize Congress. The only relationship you should have with America is to topple it. . . . Eventually there will be a Muslim in the White House dictating the laws of Shariah.” That was Muhammad Faheed, a young Muslim leader at a Muslim Students Association meeting at Queensborough Community College in 2003.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Popular U.S. Imam: Constitution Inferior to Sharia

While you were honoring the U.S. servicemen on Memorial Day weekend, 32,000 Muslims heard this message from ICNA.

http://www.clarionproject.org/analysis/popular-us-imam-replace-constitution-sharia#

While you were spending Memorial Day Weekend barbequing and honoring the U.S. servicemen who gave their lives for the country, 18,000 people attended an annual Muslim-American conference in Connecticut. An additional 14,000 watched online. And the message they heard from one prominent speaker was particularly offensive in light of the holiday: The U.S. Constitution is inferior to Islamic Sharia Law.

The imam is named Zaid Shakir; he’s no stranger to readers of the Clarion Project. We’ve documented his Islamist ideology and anti-American rhetoric repeatedly. Despite the shredding apart of his “moderate” costume, he continues to be a sought-after speaker at Islamic venues across the country. He’s also co-founder and chairman of Zaytuna College in California, the subject of a recent New York Times whitewashing.

He spoke at the annual Islamic Circle of North America-Muslim American Society conference on May 25 at the Hartford Convention Center in Connecticut.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I don't really give a damn.

Muslims make up 1% of the US population.

What would the percent need to be for you to "give a damn"?

Offline aligncare

Yes, folks. They hijacked and flew loaded commercial airliners into the heart of Manhattan, innocent passengers knowing they were going to their death ...because Islamic supremacists were defending the Bill of Rights.

You folks living in the rest of the country can't know the fear we felt in the Northeast, and especially in New York City, on that morning. We experienced 9-11 differently then Montanans or Texans, those of us who watched across the river the columns of smoke rising over the city.

The rest of the nation, watching on television, couldn't possibly know what it felt like to be stuck in traffic on the George Washington Bridge, worried that it would be the next target.

Of course, as Americans we all mourned 9-11. But as New Yorkers, we lived with the visceral fear of going to the office in the days, weeks and months after they attacked our city.

Sinkspur, stop making a fool of yourself.

(Am I allowed to say that?)