Author Topic: Dee Snider to Trump: I may not take it anymore  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Dee Snider to Trump: I may not take it anymore
« on: December 11, 2015, 03:59:20 am »
Daniella Diaz
CNN
December 10, 2015

Dee Snider isn't sure if he's going to take it anymore -- when it comes to his friend, Donald Trump, using his music.

In light of Trump's proposal to ban Muslims from entering the United States, the Twisted Sister lead singer said that even though he told Trump a few months ago that he could use his song "We're Not Gonna Take It," he's starting to rethink that decision ...

"My Donald Trump was a Democrat," he said. "My Donald Trump is pro-choice. My Donald Trump is what we call a Northeastern Republican, you know, fiscally conservative, socially liberal. But that's changing." ...
More

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Dee Snider to Trump: I may not take it anymore
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 04:34:02 am »
 :facepalm2:

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 06:35:35 pm »
Daniella Diaz
CNN
December 10, 2015
More
I guess Trump hasn't paid Dee any money for him using it. Remember Chrissie didn't like Rush using their song. He wrote her a check and he still uses it to this day.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 07:14:22 pm »
Remember Chrissie didn't like Rush using their song. He wrote her a check and he still uses it to this day.

My City Was Gone

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 07:36:12 pm »
My City Was Gone
The usage payment money from Rush was donated by Hynde to PETA, for a cause that Rush supported.

"EMI issued a cease and desist request that Limbaugh stop using the song, which he did. When Hynde found out during a radio interview, she said that her parents loved and listened to Limbaugh and she did not mind its use. A usage payment was agreed upon which she donated to PETA.[4][5] She later wrote to the organization saying, "In light of Rush Limbaugh's vocal support of PETA's campaign against the Environmental Protection Agency's foolish plan to test some 3,000 chemicals on animals, I have decided to allow him to keep my song, 'My City Was Gone', as his signature tune..."[5]"

per Wikipedia

A negotiated arrangement, a compromise, a quid pro quo, that true conservatives have listened to for decades, probably without knowing the background.

Thanks for posting this.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 07:59:10 pm »
The usage payment money from Rush was donated by Hynde to PETA, for a cause that Rush supported.

"EMI issued a cease and desist request that Limbaugh stop using the song, which he did. When Hynde found out during a radio interview, she said that her parents loved and listened to Limbaugh and she did not mind its use. A usage payment was agreed upon which she donated to PETA.[4][5] She later wrote to the organization saying, "In light of Rush Limbaugh's vocal support of PETA's campaign against the Environmental Protection Agency's foolish plan to test some 3,000 chemicals on animals, I have decided to allow him to keep my song, 'My City Was Gone', as his signature tune..."[5]"

per Wikipedia

A negotiated arrangement, a compromise, a quid pro quo, that true conservatives have listened to for decades, probably without knowing the background.

Thanks for posting this.
Thanks for reminding me of this. I forgot she said her parents listened to Rush.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 08:15:28 pm »
I guess Trump hasn't paid Dee any money for him using it. Remember Chrissie didn't like Rush using their song. He wrote her a check and he still uses it to this day.

Yeah, it's all about the benjamins...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan