Author Topic: Harrison Ford hits out at global inaction on climate change, warns of 'disastrous' consequences  (Read 333 times)

Offline ArneFufkin

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-09/harrison-ford-hits-out-at-global-inaction-on-climate-change/7015380

Hollywood heavyweight Harrison Ford has told the ABC he hopes world leaders can "finally do something" about climate change as he launched a broadside at squabbling world powers.

During an interview with 7.30, Ford said the consequences of inaction were dire.

"Nature will take care of itself — nature doesn't need people, people need nature to survive," Ford told presenter Leigh Sales.

"The planet will be OK, there just won't be any damn people on it."

The veteran star of the Indiana Jones and Star Wars franchises did not mince words when pointing out his disdain for arguments between leaders and countries.

"People think of [dealing with climate change] as an adversarial process," Ford said.

-snip-

:facepalm:

Offline aligncare

How much you figure a guy like that pays for his socks? $75, $80, $90?

Me? I get three pair for six bucks.

Who looks looney now?

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
So says the guy who flies planes for a hobby, how's that carbon footprint Harrison?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline EdinVA

As he climbs into his private lear jet.... hypocrite...

Offline raml

He is just an old coot looking for some press he is to ugly to be considered a hunk anymore and I think he is missing the attention. I haven't though he was good looking since star wars he aged fast I guess it is his young wife wearing him out she isn't very good looking either they make a fine pair.