Author Topic: Rubio says he 'pioneered' anti-Iran measure but record shows different story  (Read 271 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
http://tbtpics.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/rubio-says-he-pioneered-anti-iran-measure-but-record-shows-different-story/2257273

WASHINGTON - Speaking before dozens of influential Jewish Republicans here last week, Marco Rubio lashed out at President Obama’s foreign policy and vowed, “When I am Commander-in-Chief, I will fortify our alliance with Israel.”

Applause filled the room and Rubio sought a deeper connection. “As speaker of the Florida House,” he said, “I pioneered what became a national effort by requiring the Florida pension program to divest from companies linked to Iran’s terrorist regime.”

“If pioneering means allowing a bill that I wrote and passed through the Florida Senate to come to the floor for a vote in the House, then I guess you could say he’s a pioneer,” then-state Sen. Ted Deutch, a Democrat from Boca Raton who now serves in the U.S. House, told the Tampa Bay Times when asked about Rubio’s boast before the Republican Jewish Coalition.

The legislation — Protecting Florida’s Investments Act — required divesting pension funds from companies doing business with the petroleum sector in Iran and the government of Sudan. The state pension fund had $833-million invested in targeted businesses affiliated with Iran.

"The president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, will learn today that Florida intends to lead the economic battle in the United States against a region that wants to (destroy the United States and its allies, Great Britain and Israel), " Deutch said on the day it unanimously passed the Senate in April 2007.

The legislation moved to the House, where a bipartisan group of Jewish legislators sponsored the companion. It passed 118-0. Gov. Charlie Crist later announced his intent to sign the bill while on a trade mission to Israel. and he singled out Deutch and other lawmakers, including lead Republican Rep. Adam Hasner and Democrat Rep. Ari Porth.

Rubio was not mentioned by Crist or in news reports. His speech last week was at least the second time he appeared to take credit for the initiative.

------

Guys sure takes alot of credit for getting things done considering the fact he never shows up for work.
The Republic is lost.

Offline flowers

How is he so high in the polls? That is why I don't really believe the majority of them. Trump and Cruz are high in the polls. You can tell by reading article comment sections and other forums. Rubio is not liked because of his amnesty stance for one. IMO.

Offline libertybele

How is he so high in the polls? That is why I don't really believe the majority of them. Trump and Cruz are high in the polls. You can tell by reading article comment sections and other forums. Rubio is not liked because of his amnesty stance for one. IMO.

He's doing well in the polls because the MSM and the GOPe want him to do well.  If you recall the media all but elected Hussein first time around; the media loved him (and well, ya, they still do).

I had heard rumor that Rubio was supposed to be Jeb's running mate ... things just aren't working out the way...yet.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.