Author Topic: Gun sales: White House to seek expanded background checks  (Read 279 times)

Offline flowers

Gun sales: White House to seek expanded background checks
« on: December 10, 2015, 06:19:33 pm »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_GUNS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-10-12-31-01

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama's advisers are finalizing a proposal that would expand background checks on gun sales without congressional approval.

White House adviser Valerie Jarrett says the president has asked his team to complete a proposal and submit it for his review "in short order." She says the recommendations will include measures to expand background checks.

Jarrett spoke Wednesday night at a vigil for the victims of the Newtown shooting, according to a summary provided by the White House.

After the mass shooting in Roseburg, Oregon, Obama said his team was looking for ways to tighten gun laws without a vote in Congress. White House officials

Here we go.

Offline PzLdr

Re: Gun sales: White House to seek expanded background checks
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 08:36:10 pm »
What does Dickweed want to know now? My favorite color?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 08:38:36 pm »
But not, of course, for terrorists............. or their pipe bombs, or IED's..................
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 08:45:17 pm »
Well, of course, if they expanded background checks for fertilizer purchases, it would harm the major product of the Washington D.C. area.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:45:35 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 09:08:41 pm »
The checks will be performed by the DHS agents that vetted the San Bernardino wife.

Government is highly incompetent, and there are plenty of DEADLY examples which are current.

In her case, they couldn't profile for the facts:  she is muslim, came from Pakistan, wore a Burka, etc?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 09:14:36 pm »
If I want to buy a gun from an individual I have a desk drawer FULL of business cards already.  And they have my business card too.  The horse is already out of the barn on that one.

Some of us were smart enough to see this coming ten years ago so we stopped talking about guns over the web.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 09:32:56 pm »
Well, of course, if they expanded background checks for fertilizer purchases, it would harm the major product of the Washington D.C. area.

:beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.