Author Topic: San Bernardino attackers talked ‘about jihad and martyrdom’ in 2013  (Read 1050 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/12/09/san-bernardino-attackers-talked-about-jihad-and-martyrdom-in-2013/

by Adam Goldman and Mark Berman December 9 at 2:14 PM

The attackers who killed 14 people in San Bernardino last week were discussing jihad at least two years before they opened fire in California, the FBI director said Wednesday.

The husband-and-wife duo “were radicalized for quite a long time before their attack,” FBI Director James B. Comey said during an appearance on Capitol Hill. This follows earlier statements by investigators that the shooters had both been adherents to a radical strain of Islam long before the massacre.

Syed Rizwan Farook, a 28-year-old county health inspector, and his Pakistani wife, Tashfeen Malik, 29, had begun communicating online, Comey said. It was during these communications that they began discussing jihadist thoughts, long before Malik traveled to the United States and they got married.

“And online…as early as the end as 2013, they were talking to each other about jihad and martyrdom before they became engaged and then married and lived together in the United States,” Comey said during his testimony in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

This radicalization appears to predate the rise of the Islamic State, the terrorist group that in 2014 formally declared a caliphate in parts of Iraq and Syria.

Comey said investigators believe the attackers were “inspired by foreign terrorist organizations.”

“We’re working very hard to understand exactly their association and the source of their inspiration,” he said. “We’re also working very hard to understand whether there was anybody else involved with assisting them, with supporting them, with equipping them.”

When asked by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), a presidential candidate, if the marriage between Malik and Farook was arranged by a terrorist organization, Comey said he didn’t know yet.

“It would be a very important thing to know,” Comey said. He also said he was not aware of any Islamic State cells operating in the United States.

Comey was critical of anti-Muslim rhetoric, saying that it was not helpful when law enforcement officials are trying to work with communities in the United States to combat terrorism. He said that for the Islamic State and other terrorist organizations, it was part of their strategy to persuade Muslims that the United States is hostile to them.

The GOP presidential front-runner, Donald Trump, drew international criticism this week for his call to ban all Muslims from the United States following the San Bernardino shooting and the attacks in Paris last month.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: San Bernardino attackers talked ‘about jihad and martyrdom’ in 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 03:24:25 pm »
Has Obama scheduled any funeral eulogies or fast-tracked DoJ money to families of victims as he did after the Charleston black church shooting?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 03:32:18 pm »
Has Obama scheduled any funeral eulogies or fast-tracked DoJ money to families of victims as he did after the Charleston black church shooting?

That would mean he cared..........

Of course, he didn't care about Charleston either, but he made political points by hyping that tragedy.  He wants this one to go away.

(I know, of course, that your question was deeply rhetorical!)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 03:37:05 pm »
That would mean he cared..........

Of course, he didn't care about Charleston either, but he made political points by hyping that tragedy.  He wants this one to go away.

(I know, of course, that your question was deeply rhetorical!)

Everything Obama does has a political calculus. Everything.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 04:00:25 pm »
National news has apparently lagged, with some important aspects that were on the main network radio news early yesterday. Enrique Marquez, the neighbor that provided guns, has talked freely.

The guy that provided the guns was a muslim convert, and plotted with Farook to do a terror attack three years ago, but they cancelled when other plots by others were blocked by law enforcement.

Back to normal programming. Who will do battle today?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 04:26:28 pm »
Everything Obama does has a political calculus. Everything.

The proof is in the proverbial pudding on this one.

He refuses to recognize the danger we are all in and uses this horrific terror attack as a means to lecture us about guns.

There has never been a more despicable man in the Oval Office.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 05:36:41 pm »
Last night I was surprised to see Cnn give out info I hadn't heard yet. Nothing about the 3rd shooter though. That has disappeared. Notice media not talking to witnesses like they usually do?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 05:39:23 pm »
Last night I was surprised to see Cnn give out info I hadn't heard yet. Nothing about the 3rd shooter though. That has disappeared. Notice media not talking to witnesses like they usually do?

Do you have any theories as to why there has been no word on the third shooter seen by multiple eyewitnesses?

Why are they hiding it?   :pondering:

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 05:58:49 pm »
Do you have any theories as to why there has been no word on the third shooter seen by multiple eyewitnesses?

Why are they hiding it?   :pondering:
Maybe because he got away?  Maybe they are searching for him and don't want him to know it? Something is fishy. Like I said Cnn always interviews the witnesses, this time.....****crickets****   Yet Cnn is really letting info out about the 2 dead terrorist last night. Also about the Mexican muzzie too. Haven't watched today. What is your theory?

Oh one more thing the attackers in  Paris and other places yelled alla akubar, I wonder if these 2 did as well. Also you know the cops have video from inside the place, it was a gov building.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 06:14:47 pm »
Maybe because he got away?  Maybe they are searching for him and don't want him to know it? Something is fishy. Like I said Cnn always interviews the witnesses, this time.....****crickets****   Yet Cnn is really letting info out about the 2 dead terrorist last night. Also about the Mexican muzzie too. Haven't watched today. What is your theory?

Oh one more thing the attackers in  Paris and other places yelled alla akubar, I wonder if these 2 did as well. Also you know the cops have video from inside the place, it was a gov building.

I think the leftist media is probably choking on the fact that they actually have to admit that there really is terrorism in this country, and perhaps don't want to report on this any longer than they have to.  Ergo, the 'disappeared' third terrorist.

I really don't know.

As for the yelling Allahu Akbar, I would guarantee they did it, but they've downplayed that in the other terrorist incidents before, so they're probably trying to hid it here too.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 06:26:11 pm »
I think the leftist media is probably choking on the fact that they actually have to admit that there really is terrorism in this country, and perhaps don't want to report on this any longer than they have to.  Ergo, the 'disappeared' third terrorist.

I really don't know.

As for the yelling Allahu Akbar, I would guarantee they did it, but they've downplayed that in the other terrorist incidents before, so they're probably trying to hid it here too.
you may be correct. Yet Cnn has really hit the nail on the head about it being a isis style attack. Last night Bob Beir  the ex-cia guy who usually always sides with the dark side did not and has not. He argued and has from the beginning of last weeks attack it is isis and and sleeper cell.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 06:43:26 pm »

I am not so sure that he/it got away.

Firstly, I remember that I had the newsradio station on the day it happened.  I can't recall if they broke in with the special coverage just as Rush's show was ending, or at the start of Hannity (3PM local time here in sunny Florida!).  What I do recall is that for the next few hours I heard countless reports of "3 shooters" -- all based on witness accounts.

I also recall a local SB police captain/lieutenant being interviewed on television, sometime in the late evening.  That guy was talking about the suspect that they had in custody.  (This was after it was revealed that the other two (and we learned one was a female) were already dead.)  We were switching around the channels (to find the least appalling coverage at the moment!) and I think that BOR was interviewing this guy.  The guy couldn't reveal anything, as is typical of these types of interviews.  BOR asked if the suspect was being held in an SB police facility or elsewhere (Feds)?  I can not say.  BOR asked who was doing the interrogating, SB police or others (Feds)?  I can not say.  The interview went on for a few more similar exchanges with similar results.  At the end, the police leader said something along these lines to BOR:  "look, I really don't want to be evasive with you and your audience....  but there are things that I can just not talk about now....  after all, I don't want to spark an international incident over this...."

And, that was the last that I ever heard of that guy they had in custody, and were concerned about "sparking an international incident" over.  So, I don't think that the official dismissals of any other suspects as "just local figures, scared and running, no connection..." apply to this person in custody.  Was he the Qatari national that were discussed in the scanner feeds during the evening?  I don't know.

What I do know is that the media coverage of this has been very much following a closely managed narrative.  I listen VERY CAREFULLY to the words that people use (especially the lying media!).  I have noticed that the slant to all of the coverage is along the lines of:

Well, we now know that this was done by Ozzie and Harriet (of course they are using their 'real' names, but they are presented as just another American couple living the American dream)....  there is no terror cell.....  there is no wider involvement..... no evidence of an international plot.....  no evidence that there were further aspects to the plots..... no conspiracy here.......  they were a married "couple,"  they had a "baby".....  people made fun of his beard.....  she came here on a fiancee visa (how sweet!!)....  and then.... all of a sudden.... somehow..... some way....... they got "RADICALIZED!!"  (and if you listen carefully to virtually all of the coverage, they speak of getting "RADICALIZED!!" as some kind of passive act....  it just sort of happens to them (through no fault of their own....)......  reminds me of that schtick that Hannity used to do on the radio: he would "Hannitize" someone by striking them with a virtual shillelagh and all of a sudden they would turn from liberal to conservative!!    Seriously....  the meme is that they were really good people, just a regular married couple with a baby, just like you and me and everyone else...  and all of a sudden, shucks, they just got  "RADICALIZED!!"

So, given that, it doesn't surprise me if this "3rd shooter" has already been whisked away, never to be heard of again.  Because, once you add in a third shooter, the "nice married couple" meme disappears.  It would make even more sense if there was a Qatari involved, they pull a LOT strings in the current regime in DC.  Just my thoughts...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 06:45:46 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 06:52:31 pm »
Whoa......... those are some GOOD thoughts, katzenjammer! 

I have also noted and completely agree about the "radicalized" meme............. as though it were something done to these poor people, and not a CHOICE they made.  An EVIL choice.

I'm quite sure we'll never find out what's really going on.

Offline flowers

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 06:56:05 pm »

Firstly, I remember that I had the newsradio station on the day it happened.  I can't recall if they broke in with the special coverage just as Rush's show was ending, or at the start of Hannity (3PM local time here in sunny Florida!).  What I do recall is that for the next few hours I heard countless reports of "3 shooters" -- all based on witness accounts.

I also recall a local SB police captain/lieutenant being interviewed on television, sometime in the late evening.  That guy was talking about the suspect that they had in custody.  (This was after it was revealed that the other two (and we learned one was a female) were already dead.)  We were switching around the channels (to find the least appalling coverage at the moment!) and I think that BOR was interviewing this guy.  The guy couldn't reveal anything, as is typical of these types of interviews.  BOR asked if the suspect was being held in an SB police facility or elsewhere (Feds)?  I can not say.  BOR asked who was doing the interrogating, SB police or others (Feds)?  I can not say.  The interview went on for a few more similar exchanges with similar results.  At the end, the police leader said something along these lines to BOR:  "look, I really don't want to be evasive with you and your audience....  but there are things that I can just not talk about now....  after all, I don't want to spark an international incident over this...."

And, that was the last that I ever heard of that guy they had in custody, and were concerned about "sparking an international incident" over.  So, I don't think that the official dismissals of any other suspects as "just local figures, scared and running, no connection..." apply to this person in custody.  Was he the Qatari national that were discussed in the scanner feeds during the evening?  I don't know.

What I do know is that the media coverage of this has been very much following a closely managed narrative.  I listen VERY CAREFULLY to the words that people use (especially the lying media!).  I have noticed that the slant to all of the coverage is along the lines of:

Well, we now know that this was done by Ozzie and Harriet (of course they are using their 'real' names, but they are presented as just another American couple living the American dream)....  there is no terror cell.....  there is no wider involvement..... no evidence of an international plot.....  no evidence that there were further aspects to the plots..... no conspiracy here.......  they were a married "couple,"  they had a "baby".....  people made fun of his beard.....  she came here on a fiancee visa (how sweet!!)....  and then.... all of a sudden.... somehow..... some way....... they got "RADICALIZED!!"  (and if you listen carefully to virtually all of the coverage, they speak of getting "RADICALIZED!!" as some kind of passive act....  it just sort of happens to them (through no fault of their own....)......  reminds me of that schtick that Hannity used to do on the radio: he would "Hannitize" someone by striking them with a virtual shillelagh and all of a sudden they would turn from liberal to conservative!!    Seriously....  the meme is that they were really good people, just a regular married couple with a baby, just like you and me and everyone else...  and all of a sudden, shucks, they just got  "RADICALIZED!!"

So, given that, it doesn't surprise me if this "3rd shooter" has already been whisked away, never to be heard of again.  Because, once you add in a third shooter, the "nice married couple" meme disappears.  It would make even more sense if there was a Qatari involved, they pull a LOT strings in the current regime in DC.  Just my thoughts...
Good thoughts!

Offline flowers

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 07:00:23 pm »

I have also noted and completely agree about the "radicalized" meme............. as though it were something done to these poor people, and not a CHOICE they made.  An EVIL choice.

Yes good thoughts. I too see that "radicalized" meme. Last night Cnn said the school she went to taught the jihad sharia type. It also said that the school married off the women to jihad type men.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 07:04:09 pm »

Wow...you cover here a lot of stuff I heard as well on the day of the event (and shortly after) that I had forgotten.  The Qatari thing just disappeared.  The person in custody piece while the shoot out was underway.  There is the speed at which the declaration of two shooters occurred...not to mention the strange event of letting the media into the house so soon after the events - was that a distraction ploy of some strange kind?  The stuff about the toys in the house and looking not at all like the "bomb-factory" that it was first described as.  I don't believe that anything of note happens without Obama insisting on controlling the action and controlling the narrative - as in Benghazi. That is the basic operating principle of Democrats everywhere: control everything, punish those going out of the lines harshly and quickly, find scapegoats and create the reality we want.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 07:16:32 pm »
Actually, there's more than three.  The neighbors said several middle eastern men that would come over at all hours and they would work in the garage...

These guys are accomplices too.  I like to think that the FBI has come across access to an actual global network of cells that have been HERE for awhile now.  I hope that's why we're not hearing about it.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 07:19:25 pm »
People are complaining about media coverage because the media didn't report on day #1, what was learned on day #5....?

The entire nation, save a few highly engaged political observers, is in denial about the nature and scope of the islam problem.

Certainly the liberal media wishes it were not so; that it is only a small problem. But I believe law enforcement knows the facts.

Look, this incident caused the reluctant President to have to admit the facts far sooner and to a greater degree, than any previous incident.

If China can keep the internet out, why can't we keep ISIL social media out?

I wonder how many "Constitutionalists" will remain when we HAVE TO CRACK DOWN HARD, on these bad people?

Not for what they have already done, but for what they may be planning or thinking about?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 07:37:58 pm »
Actually, there's more than three.  The neighbors said several middle eastern men that would come over at all hours and they would work in the garage...

These guys are accomplices too.  I like to think that the FBI has come across access to an actual global network of cells that have been HERE for awhile now.  I hope that's why we're not hearing about it.

Good points, alice.   Neighbors said there were people coming in and out all the time.

Offline flowers

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 07:40:01 pm »
Wow...you cover here a lot of stuff I heard as well on the day of the event (and shortly after) that I had forgotten.  The Qatari thing just disappeared.  The person in custody piece while the shoot out was underway.  There is the speed at which the declaration of two shooters occurred...not to mention the strange event of letting the media into the house so soon after the events - was that a distraction ploy of some strange kind?  The stuff about the toys in the house and looking not at all like the "bomb-factory" that it was first described as.  I don't believe that anything of note happens without Obama insisting on controlling the action and controlling the narrative - as in Benghazi. That is the basic operating principle of Democrats everywhere: control everything, punish those going out of the lines harshly and quickly, find scapegoats and create the reality we want.
:beer:

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 07:55:23 pm »

Yes, in this day and age, we are only told what is selected to support the agenda(s).  Sad, but true.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 08:00:39 pm »

Yes, the 'release' of the apartment was absurd.  I think the FBI field agents were called out (from the orders on high) before they even got a chance to complete their work (virtually every LEO interviewed describes it as an incompletely processed location).  I don't know if some of the toys and baby stuff were planted or not, but as the media paraded through, it was obviously another: look, they are just like the rest of us....  maybe a bit messy, but I bet they were so busy with the BABY.....   just another ordinary America household...

Yes, we are always presented with the narrative as designed...  sometimes it takes them more than a few hours to get it all lined up!!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 08:02:41 pm »

That's right, there were several coming and going.  But just forget about that, they were probably all just working on cars, having a beer, and watching Sports Center!!

I hope that you are correct, that the FBI has been permitted to really run things down....  hey, we can still hope!!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2015, 08:03:42 pm »

Always said you were smarter than the average bear and I was right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2015, 08:11:01 pm »
Always said you were smarter than the average bear and I was right!

You are far too kind, pal!  But at least I can rightfully turn this one right back at you!!   :patriot: