Author Topic: Poll: 68% of Trump’s supporters would vote for him if he bolts the GOP  (Read 6257 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Poll: 68% of Trump’s supporters would vote for him if he bolts the GOP
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 12:42:32 am »
So?  Blame the GOP if he bolts.

Oh, so we have to give him the nomination or he's going to feel dissed and go 3rd party. 

You know that's baby behavior, don't you?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2015, 12:55:15 am »
They'll let Trump take his 10% of the vote, let a proven conservative run on the GOP line and then let The NarrativeTM declare that the era of conservatism is dead when he only gets 38% of the vote and Hillary! gets her 52%, outpolling Trump and the conservative combined.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 01:06:46 am »
They'll let Trump take his 10% of the vote, let a proven conservative run on the GOP line and then let The NarrativeTM declare that the era of conservatism is dead when he only gets 38% of the vote and Hillary! gets her 52%, outpolling Trump and the conservative combined.

...unless Sanders manages to become the nominee over Hillary.  Then it might be a whole different ballgame, doubtful, but still a possibility.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline raml

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 05:42:57 am »
Good grief and I thought liberals were crazy. You all sound pretty paranoid. I would worry more about what is going on now because this country may not even make it to the 2016 election the way Obama is handling foreign affairs and only Trump or Cruz even has a chance of turning things around. Think I will ask Trump about your thoughts or should I say delusions about what is going on with him. Over time I am finding Trump refreshing to all the lies Jeb and Rubio spout out. I prefer Ted Cruz but am not against Trump in fact as time goes on me and many of my friends are keeping him in our radar.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 11:40:19 am »
Good grief and I thought liberals were crazy. You all sound pretty paranoid.
After 2012, we have every right to be. Obama should have never won re-election.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 11:51:16 am »
Good grief and I thought liberals were crazy. You all sound pretty paranoid. I would worry more about what is going on now because this country may not even make it to the 2016 election the way Obama is handling foreign affairs and only Trump or Cruz even has a chance of turning things around. Think I will ask Trump about your thoughts or should I say delusions about what is going on with him. Over time I am finding Trump refreshing to all the lies Jeb and Rubio spout out. I prefer Ted Cruz but am not against Trump in fact as time goes on me and many of my friends are keeping him in our radar.

:beer:  Exactly how I feel, too, raml!  If I could transplant Trump's personality into Cruz, we'd have the purrrfect candidate.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 12:22:14 pm »
I don't believe that Trump is relying on the party line voters anyway, he is aware that they are not accustomed to an America first position and would rather have a softer candidate.
Given that, and the fact that out of the 142 million registered voters in the US in November 2014, only 92 million voted, the remaining 50 million voters, which I would classify as independents.
Trumps likely focus is on that group and, as they have no party addiction, would follow Trump to any party he moved if he had to.

But we shall see...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:26:37 pm by EdinVA »

Offline Longiron

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2015, 01:08:32 pm »
It has been my fear from the beginning.  I still can't believe he would do it.  Just can't.

People who think Trump is running to get Hillary the Presidency are on bad meds. The guy is a Billionaire spent a lifetime building the Trump name which means Success and quality. It is totally assinnine to think after a lifetime of building such a image of the brand that he would damage or ruin that positive image for a liar, loser, corrupt person like Hillary. Like all of us he is not going to be hear forever and wants to be remembered in a positive light. The Haters of Trump are just so blind sided by this guy success that they say anything to try and hurt him but cannot understand they just make him stronger,  **nononono*

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 01:32:25 pm »

THANK you!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2015, 01:56:23 pm »
People who think Trump is running to get Hillary the Presidency are on bad meds. The guy is a Billionaire spent a lifetime building the Trump name which means Success and quality. It is totally assinnine to think after a lifetime of building such a image of the brand that he would damage or ruin that positive image for a liar, loser, corrupt person like Hillary. Like all of us he is not going to be hear forever and wants to be remembered in a positive light. The Haters of Trump are just so blind sided by this guy success that they say anything to try and hurt him but cannot understand they just make him stronger,  **nononono*

You are making quite a few assumptions.  Yes, Trump has built an empire and he is a billionaire that is without question and yes, the Trump name is already out there.  Since he has announced his run for presidency, it has become quite evident that he shoots from the hip and doesn't care what he says and who it offends. With that being said; if he in the end wants to run 3rd party and give Hillary the nod he will do so regardless of her reputation as a liar and a loser. If that is what he has planned, he will move forward.  He will have given the Clintons the power of the presidency and that still would give him the ultimate drivers seat. 

While there are characteristics of Trump that I do like the fact still remains that not once but twice he has publicly stated he is not above running 3rd party if he is not "treated fairly".  That parameter is pretty wide and  I don't think for a second that he doesn't know what that would mean for the GOP and certainly he knows that it would almost guarantee Hillary (or Bernie) the oval office.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 02:40:11 pm »
People who think Trump is running to get Hillary the Presidency are on bad meds. The guy is a Billionaire spent a lifetime building the Trump name which means Success and quality. It is totally assinnine to think after a lifetime of building such a image of the brand that he would damage or ruin that positive image for a liar, loser, corrupt person like Hillary. Like all of us he is not going to be hear forever and wants to be remembered in a positive light. The Haters of Trump are just so blind sided by this guy success that they say anything to try and hurt him but cannot understand they just make him stronger,

It this whole political show turns out with Her Heinous as the winner... you can be sure that Trump didn't plan it or do it by himself... and neither did the GOP leadership...

It goes much higher than that and is not the work of one person...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Longiron

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2015, 03:54:35 pm »
:beer:  Exactly how I feel, too, raml!  If I could transplant Trump's personality into Cruz, we'd have the purrrfect candidate.

Agree but TRUMP personality is perfect for the times. In 4 or 8 years CRUZ will be perfect but not his time now but a great VP. :beer:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2015, 04:09:55 pm »
You are making quite a few assumptions.  Yes, Trump has built an empire and he is a billionaire that is without question and yes, the Trump name is already out there.  Since he has announced his run for presidency, it has become quite evident that he shoots from the hip and doesn't care what he says and who it offends. With that being said; if he in the end wants to run 3rd party and give Hillary the nod he will do so regardless of her reputation as a liar and a loser. If that is what he has planned, he will move forward.  He will have given the Clintons the power of the presidency and that still would give him the ultimate drivers seat. 

While there are characteristics of Trump that I do like the fact still remains that not once but twice he has publicly stated he is not above running 3rd party if he is not "treated fairly".  That parameter is pretty wide and  I don't think for a second that he doesn't know what that would mean for the GOP and certainly he knows that it would almost guarantee Hillary (or Bernie) the oval office.

Do you think TRUMP is being treated fairly by the RINOGOP? They RINOGOPe  publically announce that a PUBBIE donor say will vote for HILLARY if TRUMP is the candidate. Kasich and the RINOGOPe launch a Super PAC just to take TRUMP out? BUSHIE donors of the RINOGOPe just said they are spending 75 million to take out candidates to get it down to TRUMP vs BUSHIE and the TRUMP supporters will come to their senses and see BUSHIE is the man not TRUMP. Real world they cannot take TRUMP out because their main source to do this, the media has failed form our friend knee bend  Megan to the KRAUT, George Will along Paul RYAN, McCain McConnell and the rest of the RINO leadership. The RINOGOPe will not support TRUMP if elected because they know the ESTABLISHMENT of the ONE Party rule is done and along with it goes the MONEY. That is the main issue with TRUMP. He is not beholding to anyone and with that in place the MONEY for the payback to the Donors  x 10 goes away in both parties. If TRUMP goes 3rd party the RINOGOP is over only quicker than if he is elected and they know it?? :patriot:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2015, 04:57:38 pm »
Do you think TRUMP is being treated fairly by the RINOGOP? They RINOGOPe  publically announce that a PUBBIE donor say will vote for HILLARY if TRUMP is the candidate. Kasich and the RINOGOPe launch a Super PAC just to take TRUMP out? BUSHIE donors of the RINOGOPe just said they are spending 75 million to take out candidates to get it down to TRUMP vs BUSHIE and the TRUMP supporters will come to their senses and see BUSHIE is the man not TRUMP. Real world they cannot take TRUMP out because their main source to do this, the media has failed form our friend knee bend  Megan to the KRAUT, George Will along Paul RYAN, McCain McConnell and the rest of the RINO leadership. The RINOGOPe will not support TRUMP if elected because they know the ESTABLISHMENT of the ONE Party rule is done and along with it goes the MONEY. That is the main issue with TRUMP. He is not beholding to anyone and with that in place the MONEY for the payback to the Donors  x 10 goes away in both parties. If TRUMP goes 3rd party the RINOGOP is over only quicker than if he is elected and they know it?? :patriot:

Good points. RNC probably already broke, if not twisted out of shape, their end of the bargain to treat Trump fairly.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2015, 08:46:12 pm »
sinkspur wrote above:
"No 3rd party candidate has ever come close to winning and it won't happen his time either if Trump runs. People are not going to waste their vote"

Prediction:
If the GOPe forces Trump out of the party to run as an independent, and if Marco Rubio or Jeb! ends up being the sanctioned "GOPe Republican candidate", o'er-the-Hillary may indeed win the election.

However -- I would expect that in more than 50% of the states that are "red" or "red/purple", Trump will come in second place and the GOPe candidate will come in THIRD.

If this happens, it could signal the end of the Republican party as a force in national presidential politics.

Aside:
This guy will really bring in those votes, yeah!

Offline Longiron

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2015, 10:10:13 pm »
sinkspur wrote above:
"No 3rd party candidate has ever come close to winning and it won't happen his time either if Trump runs. People are not going to waste their vote"

Prediction:
If the GOPe forces Trump out of the party to run as an independent, and if Marco Rubio or Jeb! ends up being the sanctioned "GOPe Republican candidate", o'er-the-Hillary may indeed win the election.

However -- I would expect that in more than 50% of the states that are "red" or "red/purple", Trump will come in second place and the GOPe candidate will come in THIRD.

If this happens, it could signal the end of the Republican party as a force in national presidential politics.

Aside:
This guy will really bring in those votes, yeah!

You are correct TRUMP will bring the voters out and only TRUMP and maybe CRUZ. Agree if the GOP comes in 3rd they will start making the Ross Perot excuse that TRUMP out they would have won. Most would say that if they would have not supported the RINO candidate TRUMP would have won. Both will be somewhat right BUT the big difference is the RINOGOP stays in place for a while with HILLARY in place. The party of ONE is BACK. TRUMP wins the Party of ONE is GONE and that is what most people do not UNDERSTAND how the Party of ONE operates and that is sad! 8888crybaby **nononono*

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2015, 11:32:38 pm »
TRUMP wins the Party of ONE is GONE and that is what most people do not UNDERSTAND how the Party of ONE operates and that is sad!

Better be praying for Trump then... TPTB don't take kindly to populist threats to their oligarchy...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2015, 11:46:00 pm »
Better be praying for Trump then... TPTB don't take kindly to populist threats to their oligarchy...
TPTB?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2015, 11:46:28 pm »
TRUMP wins the Party of ONE is GONE and that is what most people do not UNDERSTAND how the Party of ONE operates and that is sad!

Exactly and that is why it is almost unequivocally with a doubt nearly impossible to win 3rd party.  Trump certainly knows that and if he announces a 3rd party run; its over.  Hello Hillary.  Bye-bye country. 

Offline GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2015, 11:51:17 pm »
:beer: yes we would.

Offline flowers

Offline flowers

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2015, 12:03:31 am »

Exactly and that is why it is almost unequivocally with a doubt nearly impossible to win 3rd party.  Trump certainly knows that and if he announces a 3rd party run; its over.  Hello Hillary.  Bye-bye country.
he certainly should know that. I was just thinking of my first instinct when Trump said he was going to run for prez. I had forgotten it until reading thru this thread. I thought he was doing this to help Hellery. Then as time went on I forgot about that first instinct of mine. I like the way he is stirring PC pot. As I age I have found that more times than not my first instinct is correct. I watched a Tv show last week about Trump, he has run for prez before.

he fleetingly pondered a run in 1988, and, in 1999, he began a very public play for a possible third-party candidacy.http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-thinking-again-about-running-for-president/

. Trump started talking up a possible Reform Party bid, pitting him against famous conservative Pat Buchanan.

In Feburary of 2000, he decided not to run after all, citing infighting within the Reform Party.

That right there is very troubling to me.

Offline Carling

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2015, 12:29:20 am »

That's what establishing a go-along-get-along establishment nice guy like Romney got us.  He could have gone for the kill after Obama's disastrous first debate performance, but he could never show any anger at Obama's America, nor passion about his own thoughts on this country, so he lost to the "cool black guy" who can't string together two original thoughts without stammering through them. 

I supported both McCain and Romney in the primaries, too.

Fool me twice...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:29:56 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline libertybele

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2015, 12:44:29 am »
Indeed, Trump has thought of running for Prez a couple of times and this time he seems in it to win it without a doubt. IMHO he saw some deep seated holes in the hearts of GOP voters and he saw an opportunity to fill them. I think (and I hope) that Trump sees that both sides have failed and certainly by his actions he realizes the tremendous turmoil this country is in and perhaps most importantly that liberalism hasn't worked out. I think it is in his personality to try and "fix it" and also in his personality that he doesn't lose very often. He saw that the GOP field was wide open and went for the pass. Also, one thing to consider both parties were much different fifteen years ago; the corruption was definitely there but not to the degree we are witnessing today. 

If indeed he is out to hand Hillary the presidency; he sure will have "trumped" a whole lot of people.