Author Topic: Bank records show $28,500 deposit to Syed Farook's account two weeks before the shooting, source says....By Catherine Herridge  (Read 1225 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/07/bank-records-show-28500-deposit-to-syed-farooks-account-two-weeks-before-shooting-source-says.html

Bank records show $28,500 deposit to Syed Farook's account two weeks before the shooting, source says
Catherine Herridge

By Catherine Herridge, Pamela Browne Published December 07, 2015

EXCLUSIVE - A $28,500 deposit was made to Syed Farook’s bank account from WebBank.com on Nov.18, some two weeks before he and his wife Tashfeen Malik carried out the San Bernardino massacre, a source close to the investigation told Fox News Monday.

Investigators are exploring whether the transaction was a loan taken out by Farook, who with his wife killed 14 and wounded 21 when they opened fire at a holiday lunch.  He earned $53,000 a year with the county as an environmental health inspector.

On its website, the Utah-headquartered WebBank.com describes itself as “a leading provider of national consumer and commercial private-label and bank card financing programs” on a nationwide basis.

On or about Nov.20, Fox News is told Farook converted $10,000 to cash, and withdrew the money at a Union Bank branch in San Bernardino.  Afterwards, in the days before the shooting, there were at least three transfers of $5,000 that appear to be to Farook’s mother.

The loan and large cash withdrawal were described to Fox News by the source as “significant evidence of pre-meditation,” and further undercut the premise that an argument at the Christmas party on Dec. 2 led to the shooting.

Fox News is also told that investigators are exploring whether the $10,000 cash withdrawal was used to reimburse Enrique Marquez, the man who bought the two semiautomatic rifles used in the San Bernardino shootings. Marquez is now reportedly answering investigators’ questions.

“Right now our major concern at the FBI, the ATF, and the JTTF (Joint Terrorism Task Force) is determining how those firearms, the rifles in particular, got from Marquez to Farook and to Malik,”  assistant special agent in charge with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, John D’Angelo, told reporters in California Monday.

At the same news conference,  authorities said the weapons were all legally purchased in California between 2007 and 2012.

The source, who was not authorized to speak on the record about the federal investigation,  said there is further evidence of pre-meditation with a charge for the SUV rental processing on Farook’s account Nov. 30, two days before the shooting.

Contacted by Fox News, a woman who was identified by another employee as Laurie Gilbert and a member of WebBank.com’s strategic partnership, said they were “not going to respond to that (questions about the Farook transaction)” before hanging up.  Another WebBank.com employee said they were “not talking to the press.”

A spokesman for Union Bank, David Weidman, declined to comment on specific questions, including whether the Nov. 20 $10,000 cash withdrawal triggered reporting requirements.  Weidman confirmed they are working with the FBI and others, adding, "We are cooperating to the full extent of the law with the agencies conducting investigations into this tragedy.”

There was no immediate response from lawyer David Chesley, who has been representing the family.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Surely the FBI has learned all about his Webb Bank transaction by now.

If it was a loan they would know it. If the money came from elsewhere they would know exactly where it came from I'm sure.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
This focus on "pre-meditation" is a chimera...pre-meditation was obvious many days ago in many, many ways.  Who gives a rip about pre-meditation?  We've known that from Day 1.  It is a large amount of money and they just assume it was legit personal loan from a bank?  Hello, anyone home?  That kind of money is also evidence of a wider cell involved.  Of course that doesn't work for Obama's stupid narrative or for Hillary.  They are trying to make these two out as lone wolves.  I call bullshit.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline GourmetDan

If it was a loan they would know it. If the money came from elsewhere they would know exactly where it came from I'm sure.

I'm sure they know where it came from and I'd bet that little nugget will never see the light of day...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Oceander

Surely the FBI has learned all about his Webb Bank transaction by now.

They might not know either.  Particularly if the money came from ISIS-related sources, it was no doubt laundered to a fairtheewell, so it's likely that they'll have a hard time tracing it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
They might not know either.  Particularly if the money came from ISIS-related sources, it was no doubt laundered to a fairtheewell, so it's likely that they'll have a hard time tracing it.

If they can't unravel that little ball of string they should hang up th out of business sign and go home.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

This focus on "pre-meditation" is a chimera...pre-meditation was obvious many days ago in many, many ways.  Who gives a rip about pre-meditation?  We've known that from Day 1.  It is a large amount of money and they just assume it was legit personal loan from a bank?  Hello, anyone home?  That kind of money is also evidence of a wider cell involved.  Of course that doesn't work for Obama's stupid narrative or for Hillary.  They are trying to make these two out as lone wolves.  I call bullshit.

It's a good thing that everything in their apartment is now worthless, and that there was no dusting for fingerprints and no thorough search for DNA of other cell members.  That's still the biggest story outside of the actually terror attack, and it seems to have just gone down the memory hole.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------