Author Topic: Trump calls for 'complete shutdown' on Muslims entering US  (Read 24790 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump calls for 'complete shutdown' on Muslims entering US
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2015, 06:02:04 am »
Obama is probably the worst disaster that's befallen this country, but seriously man, that paranoid birther Kenyan crap has got to go.
I think you stumbled onto Trump's ultimate goal...he is trying to ban the President from entering the country.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2015, 06:35:01 am »
When Trump gets done, he will need 110% of white voters, to stand a chance of winning.

He hasn't even gotten to the gays, although he already did deal with the handicapped come to think of it.

I heard today that Romney won the same percent of white voters that GHW Bush won in 1988, but took less than half the electoral votes, due to demographic changes.

Is it his plan to scorch the earth for any Republican?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2015, 06:40:22 am »
Let me get this straight....

A candidate (Trump) with no super pacs, plays the media like a fine-tuned harp, and you Trump-Derangement people don't like it.

Ooookaaaaay!    :whistle:

Any fool can say wacky stuff and get media attention.  Trump has won nothing so far.  It remains to be seen if he can motivate his supporters to actually vote.  What I mean is primary voters are a special breed.  Few voters bother to go to the primaries.  Trump is a celebrity and he will attract fans to see him speak live, but will they bother to find out where their polling place is?

Time will tell.

Trump does have a Super Pac and has solicited donations for it despite his lies that he will self fund his campaign.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,187180.msg742075.html
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:48:58 am by Once-Ler »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2015, 07:25:58 am »
Obama is probably the worst disaster that's befallen this country, but seriously man, that paranoid birther Kenyan crap has got to go.

I don't believe Obama's actually a Kenyan...I'm dissing him, okay? (I've run out of insults. So, sue me.)

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2015, 07:31:31 am »
I don't believe Obama's actually a Kenyan...I'm dissing him, okay? (I've run out of insults. So, sue me.)

I do the same thing.  It's a joke for me.  Everyone knows Obama was born in the Gehenna region of Sheol.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2015, 12:53:47 pm »
Donald Trump is going from being a disaster to being an unmitigated disaster of epic proportions.

But this S*** stops when he is POTUS. When you get mugged then you will understand. :chairbang:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2015, 12:56:18 pm »
Donald Trump. 

Not ready for prime time and everybody (well almost) knows it!

Well don't have to worry about Rubio or Hillary doing anything about amnesty or illegal invaders.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2015, 12:59:13 pm »
Let me get this straight....

A candidate (Trump) with no super pacs, plays the media like a fine-tuned harp, and you Trump-Derangement people don't like it.

Ooookaaaaay!    :whistle:

That is called leverage and the media charges him nothing and he uses it! Don't expect the TRUMP  haters on here to understand that principle. **nononono* He is playing the media again like a musical instrument and they are falling for it along with the RINOGOPe 100%. What is happening next week, a final DEBATE. Who has the RINOGOP along with the media protected from a "gang of Eight" question RUBIO and their last chance to take TRUMP out.. The CNN pukes will fall into the TRUMP trap and bring up him not wanting to let the MUSSIES into the country and ask him or maybe others about it??? The trap springs, TRUMP stance will be the same. The others especially RUBIO have to answer and watch TRUMP,CRUZ or PAUL bring up the "gang of eight" and watch the traitor RUBIO start sweating and drinking water???? PRICELESS! :beer:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 04:19:56 pm by Longiron »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2015, 01:18:28 pm »
Um, the US Constitution applies to citizens of the United States.  How does it apply to citizens of other countries?

Bizarre reasoning, at the very least.

Absolutely.  The United States Constitution applies to citizens of the United States.  Muslims wanting to enter this country have NO rights under OUR Constitution. WE however, have the right to determine who and who CANNOT enter this country.  Unfortunately we have a president in name only that wants to allow every anti-American that he can into this country to exterminate us.

I agree with Trump 100%.  There needs to be a COMPLETE shutdown of ALL Muslims entering the U.S.  Secondly, I believe until we get our borders secure and get things under control there needs to be a COMPLETE shutdown of ALL immigration (including refugees) into this country.  It was done before, it can be done again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2015, 02:39:04 pm »
Like the Trump documentary that played on the History Channel recently said,  - "Trump needs media attention, like you and I need oxygen and water."

He must not have gotten the attention he needed as a child.  NO adult should be this needy.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2015, 02:48:04 pm »
He must not have gotten the attention he needed as a child.  NO adult should be this needy.......

Music, I have come to respect your comments whether I agree with them or not, but I believe that Trump has brought some much needed attention to those that haven't been paying attention to what our government is doing and has excited those that feel that no one has heard their voice. Yes, Trump does tend to go a little overboard at times, but I suppose that's what makes him 'The Donald'.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2015, 02:50:48 pm »

LOL!  A guy currently trying to win a nomination against nearly a dozen others....is "needy"?

Uh...have you turned on any of the half dozen news channels?   Guess who they're talking about?

Today, he made it crystal clear he's not speaking about American citizens....and he also reiterated, "...until they know what the hell is going on".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2015, 02:54:56 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/262410-trump-were-at-war-get-it-through-your-head

December 08, 2015, 08:07 am
Trump: 'We're at war – get it through your head'

By Jesse Byrnes

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump early Tuesday rejected criticism of his call to "shut the door" on Muslims entering the U.S. during a heated round of interviews in which he said he was not worried about being compared to Hitler.

"We're at war – get it through your head," Trump said repeatedly during an interview with host Chris Cuomo on CNN's "New Day."

Trump stressed throughout the media blitz that his plan to prevent Muslims from entering the U.S. was "temporary."

Trump sought to clarify on ABC's "Good Morning America" that American Muslims living abroad could return to the U.S. When asked if Trump's proposal applied to U.S. citizens living abroad, a Trump spokesperson had told The Hill on Monday that Trump's proposal applied to "everyone."

George Stephanopoulos also asked Trump during the ABC interview whether the candidate was bothered by the increasing number of comparisons to Hitler, to which Trump responded, "No."

Trump's interview  on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" turned combative when co-host Joe Scarborough tried to interject a question, while the real estate mogul continued to speak during the phone call-in interview.  Scarborough threatened to send the interview to a break if Trump didn't allow him to ask a question. After Trump didn't relent, Scarborough instructed producers to cut to commercials.

After the break, Trump discussed comparisons to former President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Questioned about whether he was proposing internment camps like the ones FDR created for the Japanese, Trump said, "I am not proposing that."

"This is a whole different thing," he added later during another combative exchange.

Trump saw bipartisan backlash late Monday after calling for a "total and complete shutdown" of Muslims entering America in the wake of the San Bernardino, Calif., mass shooting, which has been linked to terrorism.

A slew of GOP rivals blasted Trump, including former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush who called it "unhinged," as well as the Republican party chairs in the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

The White House and Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton also panned the idea as un-American and unconstitutional.

"We have to get our hands around a very serious problem," Trump said on MSNBC.

Trump also noted that "not everybody has condemned" his comments.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2015, 02:58:38 pm »
Music, I have come to respect your comments whether I agree with them or not, but I believe that Trump has brought some much needed attention to those that haven't been paying attention to what our government is doing and has excited those that feel that no one has heard their voice. Yes, Trump does tend to go a little overboard at times, but I suppose that's what makes him 'The Donald'.

He's an excellent entertainer.  He knows what a small portion of the people  (one quarter of Republican primary voters) want and preys on their emotions.

And in doing so he embodies every negative stereotype of conservatism (he knows that because he's a Progressive), and drives more of the American vote toward Hillary Clinton.  (Some suggest that helping Hillary is his plan).

A small number of Americans (shockingly) don't think that sending the Japanese to internment camps in WWII was a bad idea.  They're the ones the Donald is trying to appeal to with this 'complete shutdown' on Muslims.

And in saying what he's said, he's taken the legitimate discussion of Islamic terrorism away, and turned the attention to himself. 

Which was, arguably, his goal in the first place.

(Reporters are now asking serious candidates like Cruz about Trump and not terrorism - he, wisely, deflected the Donald diversion).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2015, 03:00:12 pm »
LOL!  A guy currently trying to win a nomination against nearly a dozen others....is "needy"?

Uh...have you turned on any of the half dozen news channels?   Guess who they're talking about?

Today, he made it crystal clear he's not speaking about American citizens....and he also reiterated, "...until they know what the hell is going on".

Yes.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2015, 03:05:48 pm »
Once again, Donald Trump raises what is an important and vital issue, yet chooses to do so not with thoughtfulness and vision, but with self-promotional bluster and exaggeration. But Mr. Trump's personal proclivities alone should not weaken the case for a thoroughgoing re-examination of American immigration policy.

We need to stipulate at the outset that the President, as Chief Executive and Congress both have the authority to stop all immigration.

The President's authority is statutory (8 USC §1182: "Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.")

Congressional authority over immigration flows from its so-called "plenary powers", which has allowed the legislative branch to regulate immigration largely without judicial intervention. Applicable law developed over time through numerous statutes and regulations created and adopted by both the legislative and executive branches — the political branches of the United States government. Historically, the U.S. Supreme Court has taken a hands-off approach when asked to review the political branches’ immigration decisions and policymaking.*

The relevant question is not whether immigration may be stopped by executive or legislative action: it can be. The central question is whether it ought to be, and under what terms, circumstances and conditions.

My own opinion is that a temporary halt to all foreign immigration into the United States, limited not just to Muslims and exclusive of demonstrable refugee status to be determined on a case-by-case basis, ought to be implemented immediately.  At the same time, we must explore the idea of re-instituting the former practice of "ideological exclusion" that used to govern a good deal of America's immigration policy.

The United States has a legitimate right to exclude from her borders foreigners whose main purpose is to promote propaganda or to undermine U.S. policy, especially those aliens predisposed to promote radical and dangerous ideologies antithetical to our values. Likewise, nations that harbor, fund, and promote extremist groups such as ISIS and al Qaeda should be considered for blanket restrictions on out-immigration, subject to periodic review should they be convinced to alter their behavior.

Radical Islam is a dangerous ideology because it is not merely a religion, but a transnational political movement and a philosophy of governance based not on individual rights, duties and responsibilities, but on violent conquest and control.

To be sure, calling a temporary halt to most immigration will not put an end to home-grown, organized Muslim radicalism from those elements already in the United States, but it will provide an opportunity to redefine our borders, both literally and figuratively; to identify and infiltrate potentially violent cells already among us; and to develop a framework for a more intelligent and necessarily defensive national policy on immigration through debate and legislation. 

*Source: http://cis.org/plenarypower

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2015, 03:54:16 pm »
Note how smoothly Trump's pronouncement dovetails into the false narrative Obama set up in his lecture to the American people.

It is a plausible theory that he is trying to help Hillary win.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2015, 04:02:09 pm »
He'll have a pen and a phone,  I guess he can do whatever he wants.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2015, 04:05:54 pm »
OK, now we are talking the restriction of movement of AMERICAN Citizens because of their religion. Damn right that violates the First Amendment's Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause.   But you wouldn't know any of that, sounding like you took a correspondence course from Obama's law school professor.

Yeah well, Bammy kills U.S. citizens with drone strikes without due-process.  Seems a lot harsher than just not letting jihadis back into the country?

Maybe if Trump advocated killing them without due-process people would be happier...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2015, 04:18:48 pm »
He's an excellent entertainer.  He knows what a small portion of the people  (one quarter of Republican primary voters) want and preys on their emotions.

And in doing so he embodies every negative stereotype of conservatism (he knows that because he's a Progressive), and drives more of the American vote toward Hillary Clinton.  (Some suggest that helping Hillary is his plan).

A small number of Americans (shockingly) don't think that sending the Japanese to internment camps in WWII was a bad idea.  They're the ones the Donald is trying to appeal to with this 'complete shutdown' on Muslims.

And in saying what he's said, he's taken the legitimate discussion of Islamic terrorism away, and turned the attention to himself. 

Which was, arguably, his goal in the first place.

(Reporters are now asking serious candidates like Cruz about Trump and not terrorism - he, wisely, deflected the Donald diversion).

Trump knows that by being outrageous and appealing to the basest instincts of his supporters (and his supporters are primarily driven by base instincts) their "Hell Yeah!" emotions get fired up. Then it's "us against them" which is exactly where they and Trump want them to be. I heard Trump say he's a "great uniter."  He has done more to divide this country than any presidential candidate in my living memory. 

But, he knows what he's doing.  The problem for him is that there aren't enough really angry people to propel him to the presidency.  But, woe is the GOP if this charlatan gets the nomination.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2015, 04:28:07 pm »
He'll have a pen and a phone,  I guess he can do whatever he wants.

If the GOP/Democrat Party political classs t does not like this, they should change the laws. Trump is in the right based on current law.

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Offline aligncare

« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2015, 05:02:11 pm »
No, that's not who we are. We are a ship of fools, who, even after the lifeboat is full to capacity, out of compassion let more on board, some of whom want only to capsize the boat and drown themselves and everyone on board.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:47:09 pm by aligncare »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2015, 05:04:49 pm »

Weak analogy...but you get the point.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2015, 05:07:36 pm »
Trump knows that by being outrageous and appealing to the basest instincts of his supporters (and his supporters are primarily driven by base instincts) their "Hell Yeah!" emotions get fired up. Then it's "us against them" which is exactly where they and Trump want them to be. I heard Trump say he's a "great uniter."  He has done more to divide this country than any presidential candidate in my living memory. 

But, he knows what he's doing.  The problem for him is that there aren't enough really angry people to propel him to the presidency.  But, woe is the GOP if this charlatan gets the nomination.

Perhaps people might want to think twice before going hysterics. If you object to this notion, I suggest you contact the Congress and the WH and get them to change the law.

Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182