Author Topic: Trump calls for 'complete shutdown' on Muslims entering US  (Read 24798 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump calls for 'complete shutdown' on Muslims entering US
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2015, 03:32:41 am »
Is it because the idea is coming from Trump?

No. It is because what he proposes is completely impossible to do.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2015, 03:32:42 am »
No. I do not.

You're willing to let in people from Muslim countries even though there is no way of vetting them, without even pausing the practice to try and come up with a better vetting system?

Really?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2015, 03:34:26 am »
No. It is because what he proposes is completely impossible to do.

Pausing immigration from Middle Eastern Islamic countries is impossible?

How so?  We've done it with other countries before while at war with them, or their citizens.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2015, 03:35:51 am »
You're willing to let in people from Muslim countries even though there is no way of vetting them, without even pausing the practice to try and come up with a better vetting system?

Really?

Not what I said at all!  Did you see my post above where I  said I agree with Rand on this issue?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2015, 03:38:35 am »
Pausing immigration from Middle Eastern Islamic countries is impossible?

How so?  We've done it with other countries before while at war with them, or their citizens.

Your goalposts are moving! Pausing, which I  support, is a completely different thing than a "complete shutdown".

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2015, 03:41:29 am »
It sometimes seems that we are so used to never, ever solving problems in America that when someone proposes something that actually would solve a problem, we can't stomach it.  We cannot stop the inflow of people whose only wish is to kill as many Americans and cause as much destruction as possible, because there might be some in their number who are neutral or even opposed to that idea.  Even temporarily. A country that must, because of its sensibilities, welcome the Trojan Horse with open arms, even though we know the enemy army is in its belly.  Fascinating.  I believe that most here and elsewhere cannot fathom a movement that could destroy such a large nation.  Well, not yet anyway.  So fascinating, the barbarians are indeed at the gates and anyone suggesting closing them is brutalized as an oven-charging Nazi.  Rome is crumbling as we argue over our oh, so high ideals.  The dead have no ideals.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2015, 03:44:28 am »
The loudest critic in this thread says it's a First Amendment issue, which I fail to see how that can all be the case.  If anything it's stupid in this thread, which was your criticism of Trump, it's that line of reasoning.

How is the First Amendment affected?   "Asked by The Hill whether that would include American Muslims currently abroad, Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks replied over email: “Mr. Trump says, ‘everyone.’ ”   OK, now we are talking the restriction of movement of AMERICAN Citizens because of their religion. Damn right that violates the First Amendment's Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause.   But you wouldn't know any of that, sounding like you took a correspondence course from Obama's law school professor.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2015, 03:45:05 am »
Your goalposts are moving! Pausing, which I  support, is a completely different thing than a "complete shutdown".

It was very clear in his actual statement that it was temporary ("while we get a handle on things").  It will be a more popular position than you might imagine...especially if the attacks and deaths continue.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2015, 03:47:16 am »
I'm just getting on this thread to state the obvious.

This is just one more example of Trump's making an outrageous statement just to get attention.

As I have stated before as an educator, bad children need attention, and they don't care whether the attention is bad or good, as long is everyone is looking at them.

Donald Trump clearly wants people to look at him.  It's what he does.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2015, 03:49:51 am »

Uh.....pausing to a stop...even temporarily, IS a complete shutdown.

Stop = Shutdown.....when I went to school.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2015, 03:51:41 am »
I'm just getting on this thread to state the obvious.

This is just one more example of Trump's making an outrageous statement just to get attention.

As I have stated before as an educator, bad children need attention, and they don't care whether the attention is bad or good, as long is everyone is looking at them.

Donald Trump clearly wants people to look at him.  It's what he does.......

Like the Trump documentary that played on the History Channel recently said,  - "Trump needs media attention, like you and I need oxygen and water."   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2015, 03:55:23 am »
Like the Trump documentary that played on the History Channel recently said,  - "Trump needs media attention, like you and I need oxygen and water."

Let me get this straight....

A candidate (Trump) with no super pacs, plays the media like a fine-tuned harp, and you Trump-Derangement people don't like it.

Ooookaaaaay!    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Carling

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2015, 03:58:41 am »
How is the First Amendment affected?   "Asked by The Hill whether that would include American Muslims currently abroad, Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks replied over email: “Mr. Trump says, ‘everyone.’ ”   OK, now we are talking the restriction of movement of AMERICAN Citizens because of their religion. Damn right that violates the First Amendment's Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause.   But you wouldn't know any of that, sounding like you took a correspondence course from Obama's law school professor.

American citizens have been denied re-entry before, but I don't advocate it on a large scale.  I do like the idea of halting allowing these "refugees" from Islamic countries in, and Trump is the only candidate even talking about it.

The GOPe is in full support of it, even if the FBI and DHS say there is no way to vet them.  Do you support the relocation of Arabic Muslims who can't be vetted?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2015, 04:07:32 am »
Dustin Ulsterman
48 mins ·

Media attacks Trump's Muslim moratorium comments even as voter approval sky-rockets. Media and DC Establishment are so impossibly out of touch with typical Americans.

THE NATION IS P*SSED OFF.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2015, 04:07:48 am »
American citizens have been denied re-entry before, but I don't advocate it on a large scale.  I do like the idea of halting allowing these "refugees" from Islamic countries in, and Trump is the only candidate even talking about it.

The GOPe is in full support of it, even if the FBI and DHS say there is no way to vet them.  Do you support the relocation of Arabic Muslims who can't be vetted?

I agree about the refugees - I think all of us do here. But Trump is talking ALL Muslims from entering the country from abroad, and as his spokesman said "including Americans".   No president has that power. Its a stupid sound bite that he will back away from before the debate next week, I can promise you. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2015, 04:21:47 am »
Did Michael Jackson already eat all the popcorn?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2015, 04:26:21 am »
Um, the US Constitution applies to citizens of the United States. 

Wrong. It has been found to apply to those in our country. An illegal immigrant, get his "due process."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2015, 04:31:14 am »
Looks like the ripcord already got pulled on this thread by the TDS gang.

Even more odd it came on Pearl Harbor day, where the US actually did take measures against allowing immigration from enemy countries, even if they weren't themselves soldiers. 

Hell, we even rounding up the Japanese and put them into prison camps in the USA.
In California yes, but not in Hawaii. We also interned some German and some Italian American residents.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2015, 04:37:38 am »
I agree about the refugees - I think all of us do here. But Trump is talking ALL Muslims from entering the country from abroad, and as his spokesman said "including Americans".   No president has that power. Its a stupid sound bite that he will back away from before the debate next week, I can promise you.

I don't care what his spokesperson said.  He didn't say it on the stage, and what he said makes a lot of sense.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2015, 04:38:01 am »
Damned Redskins are driving me crazy.

What a crazy game.

.....back to the thread.     :laugh:

Offline Carling

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2015, 04:38:34 am »
Wrong. It has been found to apply to those in our country. An illegal immigrant, get his "due process."

We're talking before they become illegal immigrants, though.  Don't even let them in the country. 

Apples to oranges.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2015, 04:39:46 am »
We're talking before they become illegal immigrants, though.  Don't even let them in the country. 

Apples to oranges.

Aren't they cute, Carling?    :laugh:

Offline Carling

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2015, 04:43:32 am »
Damned Redskins are driving me crazy.

What a crazy game.

.....back to the thread.     :laugh:

Wow, unreal last 2 minutes.  Nobody wants to win the NFC East.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2015, 04:47:12 am »
Wow, unreal last 2 minutes.  Nobody wants to win the NFC East.

Can't wait until Spring Training.

And you know sure as God made little green apples, Sinkspur is going to have something to say about this travesty.    ^-^

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2015, 05:59:59 am »

Also how in the hell does this idiot expect to implement it?

Mandatory bacon at the border?