Author Topic: McCain worried Trump as nominee could cost GOP Senate  (Read 4251 times)

geronl

Re: McCain worried Trump as nominee could cost GOP Senate
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2015, 01:07:00 am »
Trump wants to ensure Hillary wins, that is the only thing that makes sense

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2015, 01:35:31 am »
Trump wants to ensure Hillary wins, that is the only thing that makes sense
I believe that McCain is justifiably concerned.

Trump is quite possibly the candidate that can win the nomination, but not the general election. (he still has way high unfavorables)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2015, 02:00:18 am »
I believe that McCain is justifiably concerned.

Trump is quite possibly the candidate that can win the nomination, but not the general election. (he still has way high unfavorables)

Unfavored by whom?  Think about this now.  If Trump wins the nomination he would be the Republican nominee against Hillary.  So, are you saying that the majority of people will see Hillary as the lesser of two evils?  Really?   IF Trump gets the nomination, I believe he will appeal to a greater sector of people than Hillary.

McCain, and other RINO's won't be able to continue their country club outings anymore in Washington; that's what's not favorable about Trump v. Hillary.

If you remember; there is an entire GOPe movement to take Trump out.  After all, RINO's said that Trump being the front runner was going to be short lived.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2015, 02:29:36 am »
Unfavored by whom?  Think about this now.  If Trump wins the nomination he would be the Republican nominee against Hillary.  So, are you saying that the majority of people will see Hillary as the lesser of two evils?  Really?   IF Trump gets the nomination, I believe he will appeal to a greater sector of people than Hillary.

McCain, and other RINO's won't be able to continue their country club outings anymore in Washington; that's what's not favorable about Trump v. Hillary.

If you remember; there is an entire GOPe movement to take Trump out.  After all, RINO's said that Trump being the front runner was going to be short lived.

The elite Washington DC crowd has been saying don't worry Trump will fade, from the moment he entered the race nearly 7 mos ago. Those who don't like it will have to face it soon: Trump is the likely nominee.

Oceander

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2015, 02:31:48 am »
The elite Washington DC crowd has been saying don't worry Trump will fade, from the moment he entered the race nearly 7 mos ago. Those who don't like it will have to face it soon: Trump is the likely nominee.

And that means that Hillary or Sanders is likely the next President.

If the Trump worshipers would stick their heads outside their echo chamber, they'd realize that Trump is chasing away more and more voters each and every time he opens his mouth and says something of monumental stupidity like singling out muslims the way he did.

Offline evadR

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2015, 02:42:19 am »
"Unfavored by whom?  Think about this now.  If Trump wins the nomination he would be the Republican nominee against Hillary.  So, are you saying that the majority of people will see Hillary as the lesser of two evils?  Really?   IF Trump gets the nomination, I believe he will appeal to a greater sector of people than Hillary."

EXACTLY what I was going to say but you beat me to it.

I think Trump will actually pick up voters that wouldn't think of voting for any other republican.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Oceander

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2015, 02:45:25 am »
"Unfavored by whom?  Think about this now.  If Trump wins the nomination he would be the Republican nominee against Hillary.  So, are you saying that the majority of people will see Hillary as the lesser of two evils?  Really?   IF Trump gets the nomination, I believe he will appeal to a greater sector of people than Hillary."

EXACTLY what I was going to say but you beat me to it.

I think Trump will actually pick up voters that wouldn't think of voting for any other republican.

Yes, I do think that enough uncommitted voters would see Hillary as the lesser of two evils, and they, when added to the committed democrat/liberal voters, will give her the Presidency.

You Trump-fetishists are living in a gilded echo chamber, and are going to help finish off this country if Trump is the nominee.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 02:52:08 am »

Blah, blah, rino gope, blah, blah, blah.

I'm talking about reputable polls, which have had Trump with high unfavorable from the start, and performing the most poorly against a democrat opponent.

Try to get out of the rut of parroting the talk of others within the forms. How Trump perform against Hillary has nothing to do with words like "rino" and "gope."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline evadR

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 06:39:40 am »
Like so many, you proceed from a false premise.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.