Author Topic: Dan Quayle: I'm Glad Bush Picked Me for VP Instead of Trump  (Read 416 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Dan Quayle: I'm Glad Bush Picked Me for VP Instead of Trump
« on: December 07, 2015, 05:59:54 am »
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/quayle-trump-vice-president-pick/2015/12/06/id/704772/

Former Vice President Dan Quayle says he's happy President George H.W. Bush chose him as his running mate in 1988 rather than the current GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump, but he admits Trump is currently "the man to beat."

Trump has been "interested in office for a long time," Quayle said Sunday on "The Cats Roundtable" on AM 970 in New York.  "Way back in 1988 he let my boss, George H.W. Bush, know that he would be interested in being vice president."
But, Quayle told host John Catsimatidis, "I'm glad he didn't select Donald Trump, and I'm glad he selected me."

Trump has been thinking of serving in public office for years, Quayle said. "This is not something that he's recently come up with … He's been thinking of this for a long time."

Republicans need to realize Trump is going to be around for a while and might end up being the nominee. Stories have swirled during the campaign that GOP brass are looking for ways to take out the popular front-runner.

At some point, Quayle said of the crowded GOP field, "the race has got to narrow. The sooner the better."

Quayle got unfairly hammered by the drive-by-media just as Sarah Palin did, but the question begged is "Is President Bush glad he picked Quayle?"