Author Topic: Good Grief! Obama thinks Christmas is about loving tiny trees  (Read 814 times)

rangerrebew

Good Grief! Obama thinks Christmas is about loving tiny trees
« on: December 04, 2015, 12:50:18 pm »
Good Grief! Obama thinks Christmas is about loving tiny trees
Todd Starnes

By Todd Starnes Published December 02, 2015 FoxNews.com

Starnes: Obama confuses Christmas and Arbor Day
Never autoplay videos

President Obama took a break from saving the icebergs to weigh in on what he believes to be the true meaning of Christmas – loving tiny trees.

The president, along with the first lady, delivered their homage to foliage during an appearance on a television program recognizing the 50th anniversary of “A Charlie Brown Christmas.”

Click here to join Todd’s American Dispatch – a must-read for conservatives!

“For half a century, people of all ages have gathered around the tv to watch  Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus and the rest of the gang teach us the true meaning of Christmas,” Mrs. Obama said during a taping of ABC’s “It’s Your 50th Christmas, Charlie Brown.”

The Obama family is free to celebrate and decorate however they see fit. But what is not within their purview is to revise the true meaning of Christmas.

That was all well and good – until President Obama chimed in.

“They teach us that tiny trees just need a little love, and that on this holiday we celebrate peace on Earth and goodwill toward all,” he said.

Wait. What?

Does the president really believe that “A Charlie Brown Christmas” was all about tiny trees pining for love?

“Because as Linus knows, that’s what Christmas is all about,” Mrs. Obama declared.

Good Grief, America.

As the Christian Post first reported – President Obama failed to mention Jesus.

I wish I could say that I was surprised by this nonsense. It’s not such much a war on Christmas as it is a war on ignorance.

It reminds me of the Obamas first Christmas in the White House -- when they actually considered removing the Nativity from the East Room.

And more often than not -- that the White House holiday cards and decorations in recent years have glorified the family dog -- instead of you-know-who.

Remember the Yuletide topiaries shaped like Bo the First Pooch?

The Obama family is free to celebrate and decorate however they see fit.

But what is not within their purview is to revise the true meaning of Christmas.

So let’s take a moment and reflect with Linus Van Pelt on the Reason for the Season.
Related Image
Expand / Contract

Lights, please.

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'"

And that, Mr. President, is what Christmas is all about – celebrating the birth of Jesus – not a tree.

We already have a holiday for that – it’s called Arbor Day.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/12/02/good-grief-obama-thinks-christmas-is-about-loving-tiny-trees.html?intcmp=hphz05
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:51:15 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline mountaineer

Re: Good Grief! Obama thinks Christmas is about loving tiny trees
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 02:13:05 pm »
I was thinking of Obama's idiotic comment after reading this recent post from a young man who is part of a Christian band I follow. Please indulge me as I share a story he posted about his three children.
Tonight after I put my kids to bed, my middle son, Benjamin, tracked me down in my office. “Dad, Jacob is crying,” he said with concern in his voice.

“Okay, bud. Let’s go see what’s wrong.”

I came into the kids’ room and could hear Jacob, my 8-year-old and oldest son, crying on the top layer of the triple bunk bed. I climbed all the way to the precipice and wrapped him up in my arms.

“What’s wrong, kiddo?” I asked him. He seemed reluctant to tell me what was amiss. “Please be open and honest with me,” I pleaded. “I’m your Dad, that’s why I’m here. To listen and to help you.”

Eventually the dam burst and he poured out with a loud voice, “I’m so sad! I don’t deserve all the things that I have. I shouldn’t have any of it. There are all those people who don’t have anything and I have so much, and it hurts me. I’ve never felt this way inside before.” He was sobbing uncontrollably. I had no idea where this was coming from. My heart was breaking for him. I hugged him tight.

“What people?” I asked.

“The people in places like Africa, and Haiti. They don’t have food, or shelter, or anything. I have so much stuff and the kids there don’t even have water sometimes. I feel so bad.”

“Well, what do we do about it? What can we learn? How can we help?” I inquired.

“I don’t know,” he responded while wiping the tears from his eyes.

“First of all, none of us deserve anything that we have. It’s all a gift from God. So the first thing we can do is be grateful, and thank God for all that we have. Learn to appreciate the things that you have been given. And second, we recognize the blessings that we have so that we can then help others who are not as fortunate as we are. We use the things that God has given us to bless others, and to love and serve them. So how can you use what God has given you to help others? What are some ways that you can give to those who don’t have all the things that you do?”

Jacob paused for a bit, seemingly unwilling to share what was stirring in his heart. Finally, he broke the silence. “Maybe we can give the money you and Mommy were going to use for our Christmas to kids in Africa to help buy the things that they need.”

My heart melted immediately and I began to cry. I hugged him tight. “Jacob, you have an amazing heart. It’s always better to give than it is to receive. You will be happier than you could imagine if you sacrifice what you have so that other people can experience some of the things that you have been given.”

At that moment, my other two sons chimed in as well. “We want to give our Christmas money to help other kids too!”

I was speechless. I didn’t know what to say, so we had a big group hug and I told them all how much I loved them. My heart was so full of love.

After I said my final goodnights to the kids, Jacob came wandering into my room. He immediately jumped into my arms and embraced me with his arms wrapped snug around my neck. “Dad,” he said, “I feel so much better. My heart feels good now. Even though I am little bit sad I won’t get my guitar for Christmas, I am more happy that we can help other people. I love you Dad, you’re the best Dad in the world.”

I continued to hold Jacob in my arms. “Jesus gave and gave, until He gave His own life. And that’s what it means to be a Christian; to give and to love. I’m so proud of you. Now get to bed.”

Now that’s what Christmas is all about.
An eight-year-old gets it. Heck, even the Geico caveman probably gets it.
The (ersatz) leader of the free world doesn't.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 02:07:49 am »
"Happy little trees." Seems like someone's been watching a little too much Bob Ross.

New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 02:16:09 am »
"Happy little trees." Seems like someone's been watching a little too much Bob Ross.

No hatin! on Bob Ross!  :silly: