Author Topic: Would you vote for me?  (Read 3451 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Would you vote for me?
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2015, 12:36:45 am »
Nice plan, just understand that most people work the lower offices first before jumping up. Not saying that you HAVE to do it that way, but it does mean a great deal more networking and building ahead of time. Not sure what the best route may be to take, but before you run be networked both politically and monetarily.

Knowing the public officials and like-minded politicos in your district won't hurt either. You got lots of time to do that. I don't know Texas politics specifically, but it's a good state to be on this side of the aisle.
Having dabbled a bit in local and state politics, I agree with FV. It wouldn't hurt to run for city council or state legislature before trying to break into "the bigs," aka Congress or the presidency.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2015, 12:38:20 am »
I'm currently just a Junior at a Prep school. I hope to one day run for Congress. In my view, what people call "conservatism" today is Liberalism. I despise Neocons. People who have influenced me include Pat Buchanan, Paul Gottfried, and Ron Paul. Groups that I would associate myself with include the John Birch Society and the Constitution Party. I'm an Old Right Paleoconservative Nationalist. The GOP is an old, corrupt centre-left party. It saddens me when I see so many so called "conservatives" getting their news from people like Sean Hanity( an idiotic high school dropout, who always wants war)

That's funny.  Paul Gottfried is my next door neighbor and one of my closest friends.  I don't think I have ever encountered his name before here at TBR. 

Is there anything you'd like to know about him?  And yes, he would describe himself as a Paleo conservative, or classical liberal.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2015, 01:12:00 am »
And one more thing - take classes or even minor in Accounting. Understand budgets and how money flows and you understand govt. Take logic classes. Learn how to debate.

And research research research. Start you a database, save articles and papers, even if you don't understand them al yet. Study the liberals and how they operate, learn tactics to combat them.

Absolute #1 skill in politics - be able to think in scenarios and several moves ahead. Always be able to anticipate what the other side's move is and how to counter it. This is especially handy in dealing with the media.
The Republic is lost.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2015, 01:30:49 am »
massadvj
Yes I'd like to know a couple of things about Paul.
1. What kind of Jew is he? Orthodox, conservative, or Reformed?
2. What are the requirements for joining the H.L Mencken Club?( I know Gottfried is the President of the club) Do you have to be a certain age, race, or religion? This is something I REALLY need to know( I want to join the club one day)
Thanks

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2015, 01:46:48 am »
I'm currently just a Junior at a Prep school. I hope to one day run for Congress. In my view, what people call "conservatism" today is Liberalism. I despise Neocons. People who have influenced me include Pat Buchanan, Paul Gottfried, and Ron Paul. Groups that I would associate myself with include the John Birch Society and the Constitution Party. I'm an Old Right Paleoconservative Nationalist. The GOP is an old, corrupt centre-left party. It saddens me when I see so many so called "conservatives" getting their news from people like Sean Hanity( an idiotic high school dropout, who always wants war)
No respect from me. Pat Buchanan is a professional Beltway manipulator, of weak minds. He has not served in the military, or lived outside DC.

He writes provocative books, makes speeches, again aimed at earning a great living on the fringe.

Did you know that none of the Presidents for which Buchanan wrote speeches,  promoted him?

The John Birch society is crackpots. Read about John Schmitz, who ran for President. How he fathered children out of wedlock, refused to support them. He was once among the most high profile from among your cadre of crackpots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Schmitz
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:08:01 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2015, 03:10:16 am »

massadvj
Yes I'd like to know a couple of things about Paul.

1. What kind of Jew is he? Orthodox, conservative, or Reformed?

I would say he is a conservative.  He has a daughter who is orthodox and he thinks she is ridiculous.  I sometimes tease him that he is the only Jewish nazi I have ever met.  I once gave him a nazi artifact for Christmas and he appreciated it.  Paul is a very eccentric guy, but mostly lovable.  He is also one of the most intelligent men i have ever met.  He speaks five languages and if you raise any topic with him -- say a book you just read that he read 20 years ago -- he can tell you the gist of the book as if he had just read it.

2. What are the requirements for joining the H.L Mencken Club?( I know Gottfried is the President of the club) Do you have to be a certain age, race, or religion? This is something I REALLY need to know( I want to join the club one day)

You can ask him.  I think he invites most of the people based on their reputations.  I will send you a PM with his e-mail address.  I will give you my name as well so you can say i referred you.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 03:12:45 am by massadvj »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2015, 07:51:39 pm »
Ron Paul's here, and he's up to 14 post.   No Mr. Paul, I would not vote for you.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:53:40 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2015, 08:57:37 pm »
I commend you for realizing that we are in need of more conservative leadership.  IMHO, provided this country makes it to the next election, IF we do not seat a strong conservative who will lead this country to restoration we WILL collapse.  I don't think we have a whole lot of time left; certainly not enough time for you to make it through law school, etc. to help turn things around. I don't mean to sound so dismal, but that is truly the way I see things going.

I was a huge supporter of Dr. Ron Paul ... if only the masses had listened.  Right now, his "isolationist" strategy certainly at this point in time in our country, simply won't work anymore. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2015, 10:24:54 pm »
libertybele
You are right. If Cruz, Trump, or Rand Paul don't get the nomination, it's over.  If I run for public office, my biggest goal would be to revive Old Right conservatism. I disagree with you a bit on foreign policy. I still think we could one day have Ron Paul's foreign policy. Here's what I think we need to do.
1. Totally destroy ISIS
2. After that, become semi-isolationist
We need to let the Middle East deal with itself after ISIS.