Author Topic: France in process of closing up to 160 mosques  (Read 1471 times)

rangerrebew

France in process of closing up to 160 mosques
« on: December 03, 2015, 10:26:50 pm »

France in process of closing up to 160 mosques
December 3, 2015 | BPR Wire | 0 comments | Print Article

By Jacob BojessonDC NEWS

French authorities have closed down three mosques since the Nov. 13 terrorist attacks in Paris, and there are many more to come.

Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve will show no mercy toward radical mosques as long as France is in a state of emergency. The third mosque was shut down Wednesday after police found “jihadist documents” during a raid east of Paris.

Hassan El Alaoui, who is in charge of nominating regional imams in France, said between 100 and 160 of the country’s 2,600 mosques will get shut down for a variety of reasons.

“According to official figures and our discussions with the interior ministry, between 100 and 160 more mosques will be closed because they are run illegally without proper licenses, they preach hatred or use takfiri speech,” El Alaoui told Al Jazeera.

“Takfiris” refer to Muslims who accuse others of the same faith of impure.

“This kind of speech shouldn’t even be allowed in Islamic countries, let alone secure countries like France,” El Alaoui said.

El Alaoui and other Muslim leaders work with authorities to pin-point mosques that participate in radicalized or otherwise illegitimate activities.

Felix Marquardt, cofounder of the al-Kawakibi Foundation, which works toward Islamic reformation, said he “has been shocked” of the activities he’s seen at certain mosques.

“It hardly comes as a surprise to me that there are mosques that absolutely deserve to be closed in France,” he told Al Jazeera.

Authorities have searched 2,235 homes and buildings, taken 232 people into custody and confiscated 334 weapons, 34 of them war grades, Cazeneuve said.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/12/03/france-in-process-of-closing-up-to-160-mosques-280834#ixzz3tIcTwORh

Offline mountaineer

Re: France in process of closing up to 160 mosques
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 12:06:36 am »
The third mosque was shut down Wednesday after police found “jihadist documents” during a raid east of Paris.
Otherwise known as the Quran?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 04:07:58 pm »

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 05:15:57 pm »
I am surprised they are doing this. Good for them. now they have only 2k more to close.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 05:18:02 pm by flowers »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 05:23:16 pm »
I am surprised they are doing this. Good for them. now they have only 2k more to close.

The French are weird. They can be the biggest surrender monkeys on the planet, but go too far with them and they will end you.

The French paradox continues.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 08:55:12 pm »
The French are weird. They can be the biggest surrender monkeys on the planet, but go too far with them and they will end you.

The French paradox continues.
I kind of preferred the one involving red wine - to anything involving freakin' terrorists.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 11:12:41 pm »
Has anyone even asked what mosque the San Bernardino terrorist attended?   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline raml

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 05:25:33 am »
I didn't hear the name of the mosque but I did see a couple of the  members saying how he seemed so  mild mannered and of course they are shocked. I don't ever believe a Muslim they are told to lie their heads off to us in the damn Koran of theirs so it makes me sick to see the media cow toeing to them.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 05:30:24 am »
We really don't have standing, given our government and our leadership, to be telling French jokes any longer. Those jokes apply better to America these days than France.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 05:32:00 am »
We really don't have standing, given our government and our leadership, to be telling French jokes any longer. Those jokes apply better to America these days than France.

I really hate to say it, but I tend to agree with you right now.  To paraphrase Pogo:  we have met the surrender monkeys and they is us.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 05:32:22 am by Oceander »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 12:50:52 pm »

Sad, but true.  The good news is "these days" are coming to an end!