Author Topic: Secret Party Memo Tells GOP Senators to Mimic Trump in Re-Election Bids  (Read 1694 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/republican-party-memo-mimic/2015/12/02/id/704305/

Newsmax
Secret Party Memo Tells GOP Senators to Mimic Trump in Re-Election Bids
Wednesday, December 2, 2015 05:34 PM

By: Greg Richter

As reports continue to swirl that the Republican Party establishment is trying to prevent front-runner Donald Trump from getting the GOP presidential nomination, senators are preparing to echo at least part of his message should he end up atop the ticket in November.

In a private memo obtained by The Washington Post, National Republican Senatorial Committee Executive Director Ward Baker tells senators up for re-election they should adopt some of Trump's style and message while avoiding his more controversial statements.

"Trump has risen because voters see him as authentic, independent, direct, firm, — and believe he can’t be bought," Baker says in the memo dated September 22. "These are the same character traits our candidates should be advancing in 2016. That’s Trump lesson #1."

But Baker also notes senators should avoid "wacky things about women" Trump has said.

"Candidates shouldn’t go near this ground other than to say that your wife or daughter is offended by what Trump said," Baker wrote. "We do not want to re-engage the 'war on women' fight."

Still, the memo notes, candidates should not make it appear as though the party is not unified.

"Trump is saying that the Emperor has no clothes and he challenges our politically correct times. Our candidates shouldn't miss this point," Baker wrote.

The Post said it obtained the memo from a senior Republican on condition of anonymity and confirmed it through another high-level GOP source.

The NRSC told the Post that a Trump nomination is not the only eventuality it is prepared for and that such memos also have been sent out regarding other candidates.

"It would be malpractice for the Senatorial committee not to prepare our candidates for every possible Republican and Democrat nominee and election scenario," NRSC spokeswoman Andrea Bozek told the Post.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Secret Party Memo Tells GOP Senators to Mimic Trump in Re-Election Bids
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 01:49:33 pm »

OMG! Someone is actually thinking over at NRSC. Pardon me while I go to the window...yep, I think I see pigs flying.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 01:51:59 pm »
OMG! Someone is actually thinking over at NRSC. Pardon me while I go to the window...yep, I think I see pigs flying.

I'm smelling anti-establishment victory.   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 01:59:08 pm »
So, here is the script to get elected, then you can go back to being a lazy worthless liberal...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 02:45:31 pm »
So, here is the script to get elected, then you can go back to being a lazy worthless liberal...

I don't see Trump being "lazy" in any way. He didn't create his wealth by being lazy and he certainly hasn't risen in the polls by being lazy. If you want to talk lazy -- take a glance at Rubio -- his lack of attendance and voting in the Senate is at record historical lows.

Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 03:32:49 pm »
I don't see Trump being "lazy" in any way. He didn't create his wealth by being lazy and he certainly hasn't risen in the polls by being lazy. If you want to talk lazy -- take a glance at Rubio -- his lack of attendance and voting in the Senate is at record historical lows.

You misunderstood Ed's comment...

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 03:38:50 pm »

Good One! The "Party of Stupid" are starting to see what is going on OUTSIDE the beltway. Not much but it is a START! :beer:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:41:11 pm by Longiron »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 03:39:18 pm »

Sorry Liberty.... I was referring to the rest of the GOP trying to get elected and told to mimic Trump....  :beer:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 02:40:04 am »
EdinVA observes:
"So, here is the script to get elected, then you can go back to being a lazy worthless liberal..."

Hasn't it been exactly this way for some time now ...?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 03:29:09 am »
I must say Trump is looking more and more like he could be the nominee. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 03:33:44 am »
Sorry Liberty.... I was referring to the rest of the GOP trying to get elected and told to mimic Trump....  :beer:

:beer:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 03:34:03 am »
I must say Trump is looking more and more like he could be the nominee.

Yes it does.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan