Author Topic: McCain worried Trump as nominee could cost GOP Senate  (Read 4266 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain worried Trump as nominee could cost GOP Senate
« on: December 02, 2015, 06:15:19 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/261773-mccain-worried-about-trump-as-republican-2016-nominee

December 02, 2015, 10:49 am
McCain worried Trump as nominee could cost GOP Senate

By Kristina Wong

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) says he's worried Donald Trump could jeopardize Republican control of the Senate if he's the party's 2016 presidential nominee.

"Obviously we all know from history that if you have a weak top of the ticket, that has a significant effect on the states, particularly the swing states," McCain said at a Christian Science Monitor breakfast on Wednesday.

"So, of course I worry. All of us have to worry about the viability of the top of the ticket," said McCain, who is up for reelection.

"We're a long way from next November," he cautioned. "And so we'll have to see how it all sorts out."

McCain, as he has in the past, stressed that he would support the Republican nominee, even Trump or Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), whom he's clashed with in the past.

"I obviously disagree with Mr. Trump on certain issues, but I think that fight can be had within the Republican Party," he said. "We'll just have to see what happens, but I will support the nominee of the Republican party."

But McCain did have a warning for Trump, who has in the past threatened a third-party run if he doesn't seal the GOP nomination.

"You cannot alienate Hispanic voters and expect to win an election," he said.

McCain has given his full backing to fellow national security hawk and friend Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) for president but weighed in on other candidates as well.

He said he admires New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's "gumption," former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's ideas, Ohio Gov. John Kasich's accomplishments and sees Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) in the "next generation of leaders in the Republican party."

McCain said he had strong philosophical differences about the role of government with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who is seeking the Democratic nomination, but called him an "honest man."

"He's an honest man and his word is good. Once we reached an agreement, that agreement stuck," McCain said.

"And now he's brushing his hair, which is really remarkable," he joked.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: McCain worried Trump as nominee could cost GOP Senate
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 06:20:53 pm »
Really hope that TRUMP or CRUZ costs " songbird" his seat along with all the others GOPe RINOS. :thud:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 06:21:24 pm by Longiron »

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 06:22:40 pm »

And in this article you can see why the GOP is in such a mess right now. This sort of "leadership" from the GOPe is exactly why Trump is doing so well. If the GOPe wants to know why Trump is succeeding, they can look in the mirror.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 07:32:23 pm »

And in this article you can see why the GOP is in such a mess right now. This sort of "leadership" from the GOPe is exactly why Trump is doing so well. If the GOPe wants to know why Trump is succeeding, they can look in the mirror.

If they would have done what they said they would do when they won the HOUSE and again when they won the SENATE; TRUMP would not be a candidate. The 'Party of STUPID " have no one to blame but the RINOGOPe. Now he will be the next POTUS and hopefully they will be on the welfare dole they all helped pass. :patriot:

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 02:04:05 am »
Gee, and to think I was worried about McCain costing the GOP the Senate.   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 04:41:34 am »
Another good reason to dump trump

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 05:35:23 am »
After easily defeating Tea Party favorite Hackworth in the GOP primary, McCain then defeated the democrat with 58.7% in his 2010 general reelection.

We had an extremely prolific poster here from Arizona, who assured us that nobody she knew would vote for McCain against Hayworth. McCain actually got 56.% in the primary versus Hayworth's 32.1%.

This is the type of bad analysis and faulty thinking, upon which I base my frequent admonition of getting past the narrow and loud, to the real strength or weakness of the extreme conservatives.

So as you talk back and forth badly about McCain, just realize he is actually stronger than you give him credit for.

I am predicting the Senate majority will be lost, as well as the Presidency.  These conservative forums do NOT reflect the mood of the nation; only the mood of conservatives. And alone conservatives can't win. They need moderate/centrist Republicans, plus independents.

IOW they need the very people they disrespect and call names continually.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 06:04:18 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Paladin

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 05:52:13 am »
Precisely:

If they would have done what they said they would do when they won the HOUSE and again when they won the SENATE; TRUMP would not be a candidate. The 'Party of STUPID " have no one to blame but the RINOGOPe.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 03:46:06 pm »

This should make McShame Day! Come on AZ do what should have been done 6 years ago. Get rid of McCain
 :amen:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/02/kelli-ward-resigns-state-senate-seat-campaign-full-time-john-mccain/

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 03:54:39 pm »
The other thread about the GOP sending out a memo telling all candidates to mimic Trump?.
Maybe Mclame did not get the memo.... He is probably worried about his own seat...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 04:17:00 pm »
I really do not care what this nut, John McCain, has to say.  He has cost the Republican Party more than anyone else in it.

Go away John.  To a nice padded cell.

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 01:19:51 am »
I really do not care what this nut, John McCain, has to say. He has cost the Republican Party more than anyone else in it.

Go away John.  To a nice padded cell.

:amen:   :amen:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 01:29:17 am »
"These conservative forums do NOT reflect the mood of the nation; only the mood of conservatives. And alone conservatives can't win. They need moderate/centrist Republicans, plus independents."

Times are changing...the polls have been indicating for months that "moderate/centrist Republicans" are being rejected. 

In case you haven't noticed ... the number of COURAGEOUS CONSERVATIVES are rapidly multiplying!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:38:08 am by libertybele »

Offline Carling

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 01:34:14 am »

McCain won't make it through the primary.  Good riddance to the ultimate establishment loser.

What is a fact is that McCain as the nominee gave us Obama as president.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 02:47:16 am »
"These conservative forums do NOT reflect the mood of the nation; only the mood of conservatives. And alone conservatives can't win. They need moderate/centrist Republicans, plus independents."

Times are changing...the polls have been indicating for months that "moderate/centrist Republicans" are being rejected. 

In case you haven't noticed ... the number of COURAGEOUS CONSERVATIVES are rapidly multiplying!
Where is the proof?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 11:47:38 am »

CNN just released its latest poll: Donald Trump sits atop the GOP field with 36%. Ted Cruz is second with 16%. It appears Republicans won't listen to reason. They simply have made up their mind – or, lost their mind, depending on your perspective. Donald Trump will not fade away. People are not going to dump Trump.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:25:26 pm by aligncare »

Offline Longiron

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 01:23:34 pm »
CNN just released its latest poll: Donald Trump sits atop the GOP field with 36%. Ted Cruz is second with 16%. It appears Republicans won't listen to reason. They simply have made up there mind – or, lost their mind, depending on your perspective. Donald Trump will not fade away. People are not going to dump Trump.

Good luck in trying to spur reasonable thought with facts with the TRUMP haters on here. You are to be commended for your effort. They think CA was work place violence because TRUMP called it a TERRIROST attack and we have to find the social reason n why we pissed them off so much to do such a thing?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 01:27:41 pm »
Good luck in trying to spur reasonable thought with facts with the TRUMP haters on here. You are to be commended for your effort. They think CA was work place violence because TRUMP called it a TERRIROST attack and we have to find the social reason n why we pissed them off so much to do such a thing?

Thanks. I do what I can. Confronting the truth is difficult for everyone.

geronl

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 01:50:06 pm »
The Democrats are hoping and praying that Trump wins the nomination.

The clownish buffoon would have no chance at all in a general election

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2015, 02:27:45 pm »

Democrats are most afraid of Donald Trump. Pull your head out of the sand.

Successful businessman, popular TV personality, strong on immigration and terrorism Donald Trump?

Or, successful pay-to-play, soft on crime and terrorism, criminal, democrat, bureaucrat with a vagina, Hillary Clinton?

Hint: "she" loses the race.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:26:02 pm by aligncare »

Offline Paladin

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2015, 10:11:21 pm »

Possibly, Geronl, but the fact the Dems and a host of others, including the GOPe, express such animus toward Trump ought tell you something about what they are really thinking.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Carling

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2015, 11:05:29 pm »
CNN just released its latest poll: Donald Trump sits atop the GOP field with 36%. Ted Cruz is second with 16%. It appears Republicans won't listen to reason. They simply have made up their mind – or, lost their mind, depending on your perspective. Donald Trump will not fade away. People are not going to dump Trump.

Over 60% of GOP primary voters are supporting the non-establishment candidates.

It's telling that while establishment HRC has 55% of the Dem vote, establishment Jeb Bush is sitting at 3%.

Which party is the one looking for change and a new direction?  It's why it's easy being a conservative.  I think for myself, and if you tell me enough lies, I'm not going to trust you anymore.  This is what the GOPe is going to find out next fall.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline evadR

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2015, 11:39:20 pm »
bureaucrat with a vagina

That has not been proven.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 03:33:02 am »
Paladin wrote above:
"Possibly, Geronl, but the fact the Dems and a host of others, including the GOPe, express such animus toward Trump ought tell you something about what they are really thinking."

When you're drawin' all the flak, you must be right over the target!

Aside to GeronL:
Before you claim that Trump has "no chance" in the general, I suggest you read through this article which I posted earlier today:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,187620.0.html

An excerpt:
=========
Take Dick and Jane Ames, both 72, for example. The retired air traffic controller and insurance agent who met when they were in high school here are sold on Trump. “He said what I want to hear, and I believe him,” Jane said. “He’s such a good business person, and we need that.” (She did admit, though, that Rubio has a “a cute smile.”)

Dick said he’s not afraid to vote for a Democrat. He voted for Kennedy, after all.

“He voted for Jackie,” Jane said.

“I did,” Dick said.

But for Dick, 2016 is different. “Democrats don’t have anybody. One’s a communist, and Clinton should be in jail.”

And then there was 17-year-old Jared Potts, who wore gray contacts that turned his pupils into pinholes, who will turn 18 next September, and plans to vote for Trump in his first election in November. “He speaks his mind, and I think that might be what the country needs,” he said. “A lot of the presidents don’t really enforce what needs to happen, they just do whatever the country feels like. Other countries just say, ‘do this, do that.’ Trump is just like, ‘no, I want this.’ He doesn’t owe anybody anything. Marco Rubio is paid for. Donald Trump is a self-made person.”

Offline evadR

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 06:19:35 pm »
Paladin wrote above:
"Possibly, Geronl, but the fact the Dems and a host of others, including the GOPe, express such animus toward Trump ought tell you something about what they are really thinking."

When you're drawin' all the flak, you must be right over the target!

Aside to GeronL:
Before you claim that Trump has "no chance" in the general, I suggest you read through this article which I posted earlier today:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,187620.0.html

An excerpt:
=========
Take Dick and Jane Ames, both 72, for example. The retired air traffic controller and insurance agent who met when they were in high school here are sold on Trump. “He said what I want to hear, and I believe him,” Jane said. “He’s such a good business person, and we need that.” (She did admit, though, that Rubio has a “a cute smile.”)

Dick said he’s not afraid to vote for a Democrat. He voted for Kennedy, after all.

“He voted for Jackie,” Jane said.

“I did,” Dick said.

But for Dick, 2016 is different. “Democrats don’t have anybody. One’s a communist, and Clinton should be in jail.”

I agree with Dick except that BOTH are communists
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.