Author Topic: Donald Trump: You have to take out terrorists families  (Read 15885 times)

Offline EdinVA

Re: Donald Trump: You have to take out terrorists families
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2015, 07:57:32 pm »
Not sure where this all ends, and how we get out of this alive - knowing how serious the radical Muslims take the Caliphate and how driven they are to global domination and the end-of-days (their version), nor if bombing their families will turn their clock back, or embolden them.  But it seems pretty silly arguing about a phrase very similar to something we have ALL said on numerous occasions since 9/11. • Bomb them back to the stone age, • smoking hole where Mecca use to be, • Carpet bomb them day and night, • Nuke the whole place - turning that sand into glass, • Dip bullets in Bacon grease.     All comments we have stated publically or written here, among other similar phrases of bravado.

Everyone knows I do not like Trump, but I'm not seeing this as a thread to jump in and say, "Trump said what?"

Not sure either Navy.... I think the bravado is driven by frustration over nothing being resolved, either withdraw or saturate the place with millions of US and allied troops and get 'er done.... this fence sitting, back and forth crap is accomplishing nothing.....

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2015, 07:58:15 pm »
No, no Trump says the media are misrepresenting him again.  He meant take OUT... like to dinner and a movie. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2015, 08:07:37 pm »
Even Israelis don't do this.  They do destroy the homes of the terrorists' families, but do not kill the families.

Trump is just thumping his chest here.  All bluster.

Gimme a break.  You actually think he meant that when possible, we should arrest the perp's families and execute them.

You are becoming unhinged, Sink. 

I don't have any problem with you hating Trump.  But please use a little common sense and intellectual honesty.  Geez.

I am not disputing what he said, but I'm sure he means with a drone at 15K feet.  And to take out the entire effing block.  Or two.

Do the words Dresden or Toyko ring a bell?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2015, 08:12:25 pm »
Just wonder can you say " Radical Islamic  Terrorist"? You are a great example of why we have who we have as the current POTUS. Now you are to embarrassed to say you voted for him? :chairbang:

You have a sick, and distorted imagination, and your lies are just stupid.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2015, 08:14:31 pm »
Ignore the vile taunts, musiclady.  Longiron's lies are not worth responding to......     :shrug:

(Just reminding myself of the advice given to me to this insane taunting when Longiron did it the last time).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2015, 10:52:32 pm »
Ignore the vile taunts, musiclady.  Longiron's lies are not worth responding to......     :shrug:

(Just reminding myself of the advice given to me to this insane taunting when Longiron did it the last time).

What the hell's wrong with him. Really!
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2015, 11:04:00 pm »
What the hell's wrong with him. Really!

I wonder if he's as ugly and deceitful a person in 'real life' as he is here.........   **nononono*

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2015, 11:07:24 pm »
From the same interview: Trump: Illegal immigrants killing "thousands of people"

Edited to change link.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:21:17 am by Machiavelli »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2015, 01:29:26 am »
No, no Trump says the media are misrepresenting him again.  He meant take OUT... like to dinner and a movie.

:silly:

I might just steal that.  :laugh:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2015, 02:19:19 am »
Not sure where this all ends, and how we get out of this alive - knowing how serious the radical Muslims take the Caliphate and how driven they are to global domination and the end-of-days (their version), nor if bombing their families will turn their clock back, or embolden them.  But it seems pretty silly arguing about a phrase very similar to something we have ALL said on numerous occasions since 9/11. • Bomb them back to the stone age, • smoking hole where Mecca use to be, • Carpet bomb them day and night, • Nuke the whole place - turning that sand into glass, • Dip bullets in Bacon grease.     All comments we have stated publically or written here, among other similar phrases of bravado.

Everyone knows I do not like Trump, but I'm not seeing this as a thread to jump in and say, "Trump said what?"

:beer: Back to perhaps the most important point made ...  "not sure how this will all ends and how we  get out of this alive." IMHO this is it.  Things aren't looking too good for us at all, in fact I would say that things are pretty dire right now.  If we make it through to the election, we better damn well vote for someone with some backbone who will actually do something to stop radical Islamic terrorists.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2015, 02:27:26 am »
:beer: Back to perhaps the most important point made ...  "not sure how this will all ends and how we  get out of this alive." IMHO this is it.  Things aren't looking too good for us at all, in fact I would say that things are pretty dire right now.  If we make it through to the election, we better damn well vote for someone with some backbone who will actually do something to stop radical Islamic terrorists.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:  :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2015, 02:29:59 am »

Trump/Cruz is the answer.

No way Trump is interested in the Vice Presidency. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2015, 02:33:44 am »

You speak profound truth here, libertybele.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2015, 03:01:15 am »
"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil they set out to destroy."
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2015, 03:07:22 am »
andy writes above:
"Yes, except that one does not specifically target the families of one's enemies. That would be morally wrong, and we ought never forget it."
and
"But let no one aver that we are ever specifically targeting their families, because that would be wrong."

What you write is "morally correct", but if you insist on clinging to such principles, you are going to lose the struggle with islam.

They will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to win.
Literally, anything.
That includes targeting not only you, but your family as well.

With this, they have an advantage against us that we cannot meet, so long as we are restrained by your precept above.

This is the most difficult and vexing decision The West faces in the battle with islam.
It will determine whether we win, or they win.

The time hasn't yet arrived where such choice must be made.
We have not seen the worst of their plans for us, not in the least.

But that moment WILL come, in time. Mark my words.

I've made my decision, and I'm comfortable with having done so.

I want our side to win.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2015, 03:10:27 am »
andy wrote above:
"We did not specifically target residential civilian neighborhoods. Our bombers targeted rail lines, bridges, roadways, government buildings, power stations, troop and material transport vehicles. Many of these were co-located in civilian areas. But as a matter of historical record, America manifestly did not set about to indiscriminately bomb civilian targets, for example the way that Germany did to London and Coventry in 1940."

One word, one city:
Dresden.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2015, 03:17:18 am »
"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil they set out to destroy."

Hey!   Maybe we should place stemmed daisies in their gun barrels....like they did at Kent State back in the day.    :chairbang:

Good to 'see' you again.    :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2015, 03:18:24 am »
andy wrote above:
"We did not specifically target residential civilian neighborhoods. Our bombers targeted rail lines, bridges, roadways, government buildings, power stations, troop and material transport vehicles. Many of these were co-located in civilian areas. But as a matter of historical record, America manifestly did not set about to indiscriminately bomb civilian targets, for example the way that Germany did to London and Coventry in 1940."

One word, one city:
Dresden.

And Toyko.

Oceander

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2015, 03:20:16 am »
He's right and he's wrong.

He is right in that the only way to effectively fight terrorists is to make them more scared of you than of their own leaders - play them at their own game. Killing families will certainly have an impact on recruitment, if nothing else.

He's wrong because it's impractical. Leaving aside the whole morality/squeamishness thing - which is a huge obstacle - the ONLY way to do this effectively is boots on the ground. It will work ONCE, then the second time it is attempted said boots are going to walk into the mother of all firefights. You think people who are totally fine with the atrocities we have seen are somehow above using their own family as bait?

I don't think the morality thing can just be lightly set aside.  It is, precisely, the morality thing that largely differentiates the civilized world from the terrorists.

Offline Relic

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2015, 02:42:05 pm »

Says the person in the cage just before the muzzies lower him into the water to drown.

Hold onto your platitudes. Stake out your moral high ground. But please, stay out of the way and let adults handle this.

Offline Relic

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2015, 02:46:00 pm »
andy writes above:
"Yes, except that one does not specifically target the families of one's enemies. That would be morally wrong, and we ought never forget it."
and
"But let no one aver that we are ever specifically targeting their families, because that would be wrong."

What you write is "morally correct", but if you insist on clinging to such principles, you are going to lose the struggle with islam.

They will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to win.
Literally, anything.
That includes targeting not only you, but your family as well.

With this, they have an advantage against us that we cannot meet, so long as we are restrained by your precept above.

This is the most difficult and vexing decision The West faces in the battle with islam.
It will determine whether we win, or they win.

The time hasn't yet arrived where such choice must be made.
We have not seen the worst of their plans for us, not in the least.

But that moment WILL come, in time. Mark my words.

I've made my decision, and I'm comfortable with having done so.

I want our side to win.

I can see both sides of the argument. But in this case, I think you have identified the situation, and the only possible outcomes. Either fight them, with all we have, or capitulate and eventually be extinguished. I'm old, but I once promised to give this country my all, up to and including my life. I am in for this fight, when it comes to pass.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2015, 03:09:06 pm »
I just removed your post sink...and if you don't publically apologize to Relic I am banning you
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2015, 03:14:31 pm »
I just removed your post sink...and if you don't publically apologize to Relic I am banning you

I have sink on "ignore" as I got tired of his continual attacks on others in this forum.  Though we may not agree with each other, most of us are able to act like adults.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2015, 03:15:29 pm »
I apologize, Relic. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2015, 03:17:53 pm »
I have sink on "ignore" as I got tired of his continual attacks on others in this forum.  Though we may not agree with each other, most of us are able to act like adults.

Likewise.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.