Author Topic: Huckabee: President Should Be Commander-in-Chief, Not 'Meteorologist in Chief'  (Read 266 times)

rangerrebew

Huckabee: President Should Be Commander-in-Chief, Not 'Meteorologist in Chief'

(CNSNews.com) – GOP presidential candidate and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in a speech Thursday at the Republican Jewish Coalition 2016 Candidates Forum said the next president is someone who believes “the greatest threat to civilization is a beheading, not a sunburn.”

“I believe the next president has many jobs. One of them is to be the commander in chief, not the meteorologist in chief, somebody who actually believes that the greatest threat to civilization is a beheading, not a sunburn, and I wish the president understood that,” said Huckabee.

As CNSNews.com previously reported [1], President Barack Obama said the greatest threat is climate change. “No challenge – no challenge – poses a greater threat to future generations than climate change,” he said in his State of the Union address on Jan. 20, 2015.

The Obama administration has echoed this theme. In a speech at the East-West Center in Honolulu, Hawaii, on Aug. 13, 2014, Secretary of State John Kerry said [2] the global impact of climate change “is the biggest challenge of all that we face right now.”

Huckabee said the next president should be “someone who if he goes to a foreign country will not stand up at a podium and apologize for the prosperity and greatness of America.”

Instead, the president will say “I will be happy to receive your thanks for the greatness and prosperity and generosity of America, because it is precisely that generosity and that prosperity that bailed out the butts of so many of people across this world – whether it was famine, earthquake, tsunami,” Huckbee added.

“It was always the Americans who showed up to help and to generously give of themselves. And instead of apologizing for who we are, I think we ought to be proud of who we are and say we are happy to be a light to the world,” he said.
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/huckabee-next-president-should-be-commander-chief-not-meteorologist