Author Topic: Obama 'confident' a Democrat will succeed him  (Read 1660 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama 'confident' a Democrat will succeed him
« on: December 01, 2015, 02:14:25 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/261596-obama-confident-a-democrat-will-succeed-him

By Jordan Fabian - 12/01/15 09:03 AM EST
President Obama on Tuesday predicting a Democrat would keep control of the White House next fall.

"I am anticipating a Democrat succeeding me. I am confident in the wisdom of the American people on that front," Obama said during a press conference from Paris, where he has been attending negotiations on an international climate deal.

Obama is expected to campaign for the Democratic presidential nominee, widely expected to be former secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in 2016.

Many of Obama's top policy priorities, including his landmark healthcare law and a global climate change agreement, could hinge on whether a Republican or Democrat succeeds him.

Republican candidates have pledged to repeal ObamaCare and roll back Obama's efforts to curb greenhouse gas emissions if they are elected. But Obama predicted it could be difficult to deliver on that promise.

"Even if somebody from a different party succeeded me, one of the things you find when you're in the this job, you think about it differently than when you're just running from the job," he said. "What you realize is American leadership involves not just playing to a narrow constituency back home, but you now are in fact at the center of what happens around the world."

Obama said world leaders across the political spectrum believe climate change is a problem that warrants a sweeping global response.

"Your credibility and America's ability to influence events depend upon taking seriously that other countries care about," the president said. "Everyone is taking climate change seriously, they think it's a pretty big problem."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Obama 'confident' a Democrat will succeed him
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 02:20:47 pm »

....when climate change freezes over...

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 06:07:28 pm »
of theAmerican invaders, illegals,voter fraud, dead vote,  people on that front

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 07:41:05 pm »
I predict a democrat will be elected President, and the democrats will take over the Senate majority.

Disclaimer: I do NOT want that to happen, but unlike most contemporary "conservative" political forum participants, I separate my own preferences, from my observations and appraisal of others.

I observe today virtually no consideration by Republicans about the nature of the entire electorate, hence they are aiming for only their narrow loud segment at the expense of the larger fraction that it would take to win.

Neither Iowa or New Hampshire come close to representing all of America.

Now having said that, I will vote for the eventual GOP nominee, regardless of who it is.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 07:52:51 pm »

I observe today virtually no consideration by Republicans about the nature of the entire electorate, hence they are aiming for only their narrow loud segment at the expense of the larger fraction that it would take to win.

I agree, but to take it one more step, not only are they not considering a wider electorate, they are dismissive or outright mocking of large swaths of it. I've pointed out many times that by the next election, Millineals will be the largest voting demographic in the country yet for the most part, they are mocked versus evangelized to (for lack of a better term- not in the religious sense). Minorities have are a goldmine as they've seen the destructive nature of not just this administration, but the long history of supporting liberals our side should be grabbing that and screaming, but we aren't. We either dismiss them or take for granted they will 'never vote Republican'.

Now the Dems have not been doing well this election cycle but they have some staying power because they are staying quiet. Very few debates hidden away in times their demographics are not viewing. Keeping it low key, and letting others hog all the airtime.

I don't think this is a walk-away election as some predict. The fact the democrat candidates haven't really fired any real shots at our side yet is telling, especially considering some of the things they can fire with. At the same time, we are burning our ammo early with Hillary (assuming she is the nominee) to where, at least with Benghazi and the emails, it would be old news by the time it comes up.

Still, there is a long way to go.....

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 08:23:15 pm »
I agree, but to take it one more step, not only are they not considering a wider electorate, they are dismissive or outright mocking of large swaths of it. I've pointed out many times that by the next election, Millineals will be the largest voting demographic in the country yet for the most part, they are mocked versus evangelized to (for lack of a better term- not in the religious sense). Minorities have are a goldmine as they've seen the destructive nature of not just this administration, but the long history of supporting liberals our side should be grabbing that and screaming, but we aren't. We either dismiss them or take for granted they will 'never vote Republican'.

Now the Dems have not been doing well this election cycle but they have some staying power because they are staying quiet. Very few debates hidden away in times their demographics are not viewing. Keeping it low key, and letting others hog all the airtime.

I don't think this is a walk-away election as some predict. The fact the democrat candidates haven't really fired any real shots at our side yet is telling, especially considering some of the things they can fire with. At the same time, we are burning our ammo early with Hillary (assuming she is the nominee) to where, at least with Benghazi and the emails, it would be old news by the time it comes up.

Good post. I forgot about the Millineals, he will also have brought in country invaders votes and illegal votes. He will get all the prison population vote as well. I heard a number yesterday 1.5 mil. Of course BLM vote. I think they started that Fredie Gray trial so it could finish right before Nov 16. 

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 08:31:15 pm »

Well then, it seems the GOP doesn't have any group to which it appeals. It's pretty clear the GOP doesn't like conservatives, and wishes it's base was all GOPe types.

The GOPe wants to be what I said they'd want many years ago, to be a European style conservative party. That is, they want to be statist, but promise to manage the government behemoth more efficiently.

Honestly, how can you win with that goal? I agree, the GOP will lose the presidential race, and the Senate is going to be a close contest. Trying to be Democrat-lite appeals to almost no one, (except for the deluded few).

Offline Millee

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 08:43:01 pm »
Obama knows another Republican win will be a response to him and his policies.  His ego & narcissism can't fathom that he is ever in the wrong. 

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 08:44:50 pm »
Well then, it seems the GOP doesn't have any group to which it appeals. It's pretty clear the GOP doesn't like conservatives, and wishes it's base was all GOPe types.

The GOPe wants to be what I said they'd want many years ago, to be a European style conservative party. That is, they want to be statist, but promise to manage the government behemoth more efficiently.

Honestly, how can you win with that goal? I agree, the GOP will lose the presidential race, and the Senate is going to be a close contest. Trying to be Democrat-lite appeals to almost no one, (except for the deluded few).
If they get the WH again it is over officially. Yes I know it may be over now. It won't matter anything about the Senate. Hil will rule just like obama has.

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 08:46:13 pm »
Obama knows another Republican win will be a response to him and his policies.  His ego & narcissism can't fathom that he is ever in the wrong.
No way he wants his policy's changed. He won't go down without a fight.

Offline Relic

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 08:48:23 pm »
If they get the WH again it is over officially. Yes I know it may be over now. It won't matter anything about the Senate. Hil will rule just like obama has.

I just saw this on FB. THIS is how Hillary will win.

Offline Millee

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 08:49:09 pm »
No way he wants his policy's changed. He won't go down without a fight.

Yep.  He'll be the most terrifying, destructive man his final year in office.  **nononono*

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 08:53:43 pm »
Yep.  He'll be the most terrifying, destructive man his final year in office.  **nononono*
Yes he will be. His BLM will cause unrest. I even think the timing of the Fredie Gray trial is such as it will end right before the 2016 elections. I even wonder if they have it planned to let a couple of those cops go free so the BLM masses will riot in all major cities? Thus obama can get his Martial law. I never thought that to be a thing that would happen, now I don't know.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 08:59:20 pm »
The only encouragement I can take from this is:

When has the Worm been right about ANYTHING?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 09:02:57 pm »

Fundamentally transform America. Electricity  prices will skyrocket.  If the winds change I will stand with Islam. Shut down coal industry. ;)

Offline Relic

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 09:05:40 pm »

He knows when the fix is in.

Offline flowers

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 09:13:29 pm »
He knows when the fix is in.
Yep the fact that hil is still running for prez shows that.