Author Topic: Read the e-mail solicitation from the Trump super PAC consultant  (Read 404 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Read the e-mail solicitation from the Trump super PAC consultant
« on: November 30, 2015, 07:32:25 am »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/10/20/read-the-e-mail-solicitation-from-the-trump-super-pac-consultant/

A super PAC backing Donald Trump solicited a Trump business acquaintance for a donation using contact information obtained from a top aide to the real estate tycoon, according to an e-mail obtained by The Washington Post.

In a Sept. 1 e-mail to a Trump acquaintance and longtime GOP donor, Mike Ciletti, a Colorado GOP operative working for the Make America Great Again PAC, suggested he was using contact information he obtained from Trump’s longtime assistant and gatekeeper, Rhona Graff.

Here is the text of his e-mail:

Subject: Trump Super PAC

If you have a moment I would like to discuss Make America Great Again, the Super PAC for Donald Trump. I apologize for reaching you at this email address, it is the one that Rhona had on file.

I am sure you have read Mr. Trump is doing great in the polls. He is leading all other candidates by double digits! Some articles discussing the polls are attached for your review. The slide in the Wilson2 article tells the picture better than anything else. Unfortunately there are roughly 4 months to go before a single vote gets cast. During that time we expect Jeb Bush to spend the better part of his $120 million of Super PAC dollars running negative ads against Mr. Trump.

Without the help of Make America Great Again, Mr. Trump will be left alone to fend off Jeb and the other candidates. While I don't doubt Mr. Trump's ability to fight back, I don't believe he should have to stand alone. If all the other candidates get to count on their friends to help out, why can't Mr. Trump?

If you have time on your calendar I would appreciate time to discuss the Super PAC. Please let me know when your schedule permits. I can be reached via this email address or on my cell phone - [redacted].

Thank you in advance for your consideration

Mike Ciletti
Make America Great Again

Super PACs are not supposed to be coordinated with the candidate.

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Read the e-mail solicitation from the Trump super PAC consultant
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 08:22:51 pm »
I thought that Donald was against Super PAC's
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 09:41:37 pm »
I thought that Donald was against Super PAC's

I don't need anybody's money,” Donald Trump boasted in June ... “I'm using my own money. ...

Yet he had a "donate" button on his web page like any other candidate.  Then he said he would take donations but not from Super PACs which he thought should be banned.   Yet he is taking Super PACs strings-attached donations just like every other candidate.

Not that any of this will matter to Trump supporters, who will first deny it,  then defend it somehow. Maybe the ole level playing field excuse. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 09:48:14 pm »
You can fool some of the people ALL of the time.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 10:17:07 pm »
Where does it say that the Trump campaign coordinated with this Super PAC? :shrug:

Is Rhona Graff an employee of the Trump campaign or does she work for Trump, Inc.

If it's the latter, this is yet another liberal hit piece against a Republican that is designed to fool stupid people. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 10:25:35 pm »
Where does it say that the Trump campaign coordinated with this Super PAC? :shrug:

Is Rhona Graff an employee of the Trump campaign or does she work for Trump, Inc.

If it's the latter, this is yet another liberal hit piece against a Republican that is designed to fool stupid people.

If Trump was a conservative than I would agree with you.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 10:35:42 pm »

It sure hit the jackpot of Lo info Pubbies on here.