Author Topic: RINOS UNITE! - GOP Establishment to back Hillary if Trump nominee  (Read 7873 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: RINOS UNITE! - GOP Establishment to back Hillary if Trump nominee
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2015, 07:10:15 pm »
And that's justification for putting an unprincipled businessman, however successful, in the White House?  That's why it's ludicrous to even consider a person with no political experience for the highest office in the land.

Look at what we have now.  And you want somebody with even LESS experience with an even bigger ego?

I want my surgeon, my bus driver, even the guy cooking my lunch at Denny's to have some experience before trying out their job on me.

Amateurs are called amateurs for a reason.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2015, 07:37:38 pm »
I want my surgeon, my bus driver, even the guy cooking my lunch at Denny's to have some experience before trying out their job on me.

Amateurs are called amateurs for a reason.

As an international businessman, Trump has more experience interfacing with politicians and bureaucracies as an end-user of government services—by his own experience, not through theory—than his remaining political competitors, the senators and governors still in the race.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2015, 07:40:59 pm »
Democrat is a political philosophy. Businessman is an occupation.

Absolutely right! And a VERY important point in this discussion!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2015, 07:42:43 pm »
Absolutely right! And a VERY important point in this discussion!

Then you both miss the point of that comment. My apologies, I wasn't more clear.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2015, 07:45:14 pm »
I said it before and I will say it again.    I am far more interested in a candidates Character than I am in what party they use to identify with. Trump's character stinks to high heaven.  I consider myself a pretty good judge of character and he has not earned my respect or trust. I see him as a bully.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2015, 07:47:43 pm »
Then you both miss the point of that comment. My apologies, I wasn't more clear.

I took your point to be that all businessmen behave as Trump does because that is what they are required to do as businessmen. I emphatically reject that POV!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2015, 07:50:48 pm »
As an international businessman, Trump has more experience interfacing with politicians and bureaucracies as an end-user of government services—by his own experience, not through theory—than his remaining political competitors, the senators and governors still in the race.

He does have experience sucking special tax breaks and favors out of hapless Atlantic City politicians, displacing small businesses and homeowners with his rampant use of eminent domain, and making promises to politicians about the success of his projects he cannot keep.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2015, 07:55:48 pm »
I said it before and I will say it again.    I am far more interested in a candidates Character than I am in what party they use to identify with. Trump's character stinks to high heaven.  I consider myself a pretty good judge of character and he has not earned my respect or trust. I see him as a bully.
I agree. Watched a hour long Tv show last night. The Making Of Trump. Didn't remember he had tried to run for prez before. Forgot he cheated on his wife.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2015, 08:22:52 pm »
I want my surgeon, my bus driver, even the guy cooking my lunch at Denny's to have some experience before trying out their job on me. Amateurs are called amateurs for a reason.

Just out of curiosity what level of experience do you consider adequate for someone to be President? You do realize, do you not, that Abraham Lincoln's experience, if that is what it can be called, was one term as a Congressional representative (1846-1848)? After that he acted as a lawyer and did not reenter politics until 1854 & 1858 when he lost races for the US Senate. His opposition to slavery led him to be a major player in the founding of the Republican Party, but he held no political office until elected President in 1860.

In your opinion did Lincoln have sufficient experience to be Prez?   
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2015, 08:25:42 pm »
Just out of curiosity what level of experience do you consider adequate for someone to be President? You do realize, do you not, that Abraham Lincoln's experience, if that is what it can be called, was one term as a Congressional representative (1846-1848)? After that he acted as a lawyer and did not reenter politics until 1854 & 1858 when he lost races for the US Senate. His opposition to slavery led him to be a major player in the founding of the Republican Party, but he held no political office until elected President in 1860.

NO! NO! A thousand times NO!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2015, 08:47:00 pm »

Remember when we were united in condemning Bill Clinton because he lacked character?

Overall, he made a few good choices as President (like going along with the Republican Congress), but NONE of us admired him, nor thought he had the character to be President.

Apparently a portion of us now disagree with that criterion for a President and are rooting for someone who lacks character.

We are in sorry shape........   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2015, 08:49:32 pm »
NO! NO! A thousand times NO!

Lol. BigUn, my inquiry doesn't relate to the quality of Lincoln's Presidency, but rather Once-Ler's criteria for experience. You and I share, it appears, a similarly low opinion of Massa Lincoln otherwise.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2015, 08:57:06 pm »
Lol. BigUn, my inquiry doesn't relate to the quality of Lincoln's Presidency, but rather Once-Ler's criteria for experience. You and I share, it appears, a similarly low opinion of Massa Lincoln otherwise.

Lincoln did have a redeeming feature in the minds of some businessmen of the day. I'm sure you've heard it before elsewhere. It goes something like this: " I like Mr. Lincoln! Once he's bought he stays bought!"

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2015, 09:25:32 pm »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2015, 09:26:30 pm »
Remember when we were united in condemning Bill Clinton because he lacked character?

Overall, he made a few good choices as President (like going along with the Republican Congress), but NONE of us admired him, nor thought he had the character to be President.

Apparently a portion of us now disagree with that criterion for a President and are rooting for someone who lacks character.

We are in sorry shape........   **nononono*

I don't believe that our ideal criterion for a President is that far apart, I have just come to accept that our "nice" guy will loose to their bully, it is that simple for me.
And even if our "nice" guy manages to win, can that "nice" guy take on isis/russia/china/congress and win?
I don't care how, but deliver on all of the glorious, touchy feely, we have to be a kinder gentler nation, and in the end make the US better off?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2015, 09:31:59 pm »
I don't believe that our ideal criterion for a President is that far apart, I have just come to accept that our "nice" guy will loose to their bully, it is that simple for me.
And even if our "nice" guy manages to win, can that "nice" guy take on isis/russia/china/congress and win?
I don't care how, but deliver on all of the glorious, touchy feely, we have to be a kinder gentler nation, and in the end make the US better off?

I'm not talking about being "nice," and certainly not talking about being 'touchy feely.'   

I'm talking about fundamental character.  Honesty.  Decency.  Morality.

We've clearly given up on that standard.

Strength is not equated with loudness or bullying (or lying).  We need character in our leaders, or we have given up on what really counts.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2015, 09:37:11 pm »

Lincoln also had a long career in the Illinois state legislature prior to his Congressional seat, but I prefer my candidate has won statewide office at least once, and better yet twice.  I think it is clear that Lincoln's amateur status when elected solidified the states who seceded, and gave legitimacy to the much better qualified Jefferson Davis as the President of the Confederate States.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2015, 09:39:54 pm »

Its not a "nice guy" leading a kinder gentler nation we are looking for - but we do understand that we are one bad Tweet away from Nuclear War. We need whoever sits at the head of the table of The Joint Chiefs of Staff  to take the job with all seriousness, and be able to make well informed decisions, able to listen and take others advice. A controlled temperament can never be used in describing Trump.     
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2015, 09:51:13 pm »

You mean how GW Bush formed the North American Union???

==================================

Never forget - > - > - > Barack Obama COULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT GEORGE W. BUSH

Offline aligncare

« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2015, 09:56:07 pm »
Its not a "nice guy" leading a kinder gentler nation we are looking for - but we do understand that we are one bad Tweet away from Nuclear War. We need whoever sits at the head of the table of The Joint Chiefs of Staff  to take the job with all seriousness, and be able to make well informed decisions, able to listen and take others advice. A controlled temperament can never be used in describing Trump.   

I like Trump's approach to foreign entanglements: "I'd bomb the sh*t out of them."

Seems like a pretty clear strategy to me. And then, he probably take the oil, too!  :police:  :patriot:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2015, 10:00:08 pm »
I'm not talking about being "nice," and certainly not talking about being 'touchy feely.'   

I'm talking about fundamental character.  Honesty.  Decency.  Morality.

We've clearly given up on that standard.

Strength is not equated with loudness or bullying (or lying).  We need character in our leaders, or we have given up on what really counts.

In 2008, we had an Honest, Decent, Moral candidate and he got his butt handed to him by someone who was not.
Helery is 10 times worse than BO.....

Offline flowers

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2015, 10:18:15 pm »
In 2008, we had an Honest, Decent, Moral candidate and he got his butt handed to him by someone who was not.
yes she will be. Just think if she becomes prez she has beat prison and after getting away with all she has sold and done she will be worse than ever.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2015, 10:45:35 pm »
I like Trump's approach to foreign entanglements: "I'd bomb the sh*t out of them."

Seems like a pretty clear strategy to me. And then, he probably take the oil, too!  :police:  :patriot:

I trust you have a pretty decent fallout shelter and it is well stocked.   That kind of talk sound good from the guy at the end of the bar, but  Foreign Policy is nothing to leave to a hothead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2015, 10:51:15 pm »

You have a fundamental flaw in your argument, Ed.  You make the assumption that people of character cannot also be strong, and have an impact on history.  Two come immediately to mind....  William Wilberforce, who almost single handedly ended the slave trade, and Dietrich Bonhoeffer, who stood almost alone against Adolf Hitler.

(There are many more historical examples, but I think you get the idea).

Granted, we don't know if any of our candidates this year have the kind of character and strength required for these dangerous days, but one thing we know for sure is that Donald Trump doesn't.