Author Topic: Donald Trump: Mean-Spirited GOP Won’t Win Elections  (Read 735 times)

Offline sinkspur

Donald Trump: Mean-Spirited GOP Won’t Win Elections
« on: November 29, 2015, 04:03:32 am »
Donald Trump: Mean-Spirited GOP Won’t Win Elections

By Ronald Kessler   |   

Monday, 26 Nov 2012 01:07 PM

. — The Republican Party will continue to lose presidential elections if it comes across as mean-spirited and unwelcoming toward people of color, Donald Trump tells Newsmax.

Whether intended or not, comments and policies of Mitt Romney and other Republican candidates during this election were seen by Hispanics and Asians as hostile to them, Trump says.

“Republicans didn’t have anything going for them with respect to Latinos and with respect to Asians,” the billionaire developer says.

“The Democrats didn’t have a policy for dealing with illegal immigrants, but what they did have going for them is they weren’t mean-spirited about it,” Trump says. “They didn’t know what the policy was, but what they were is they were kind.”

Romney’s solution of “self deportation” for illegal aliens made no sense and suggested that Republicans do not care about Hispanics in general, Trump says.

“He had a crazy policy of self deportation which was maniacal,” Trump says. “It sounded as bad as it was, and he lost all of the Latino vote,” Trump notes. “He lost the Asian vote. He lost everybody who is inspired to come into this country.”

The GOP has to develop a comprehensive policy “to take care of this incredible problem that we have with respect to immigration, with respect to people wanting to be wonderful productive citizens of this country,” Trump says.

Looking ahead, Trump says his top-rated NBC show “Celebrity Apprentice” is now shooting its 13th season.

Trump says his Trump National Golf Course on 600 rolling acres along the Potomac River is “by far, the best golf course in the tri-state area.” He bought the historic Old Post Office on prestigious Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington to remake it as a luxury hotel, and it doesn’t stop there.

“I just bought the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club and Spa in Jupiter, Fla., which is a phenomenal area,” Trump says.

Regardless of who is president, it will be a good year for Trump. This New Year’s Eve, Donald will be celebrating at Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach home and club, which admits Jews and blacks despite the exclusionary policies of some other Palm Beach clubs, as outlined in my book “The Season: Inside Palm Beach and America’s Richest Society.”

Last New Year’s Eve, some 750 guests put on formal wear and sipped Louis Roederer champagne. Hors d’oeuvres included fois gras seared to order, caviar dished lovingly onto blinis, risotto with white truffles, colossal-size cocktail shrimp, and oysters on the half shell.
Special: Barbara Walters: I am Done With the View and Never Felt Better
The band Party on the Moon kept the Mar-a-Lago pavilion rocking as guests donned party hats they found at their tables. Even Trump’s usually reserved wife Melania, a stunning former model, sported a black paper top hat.

Trump says that contrary to his image on “The Apprentice,” he really doesn’t like to fire people. Norma Foerderer, Trump's top aide for 26 years, confirms that and says there are two Donalds: the “outrageous” one portrayed on television and the real one only insiders know.

“I mean, Donald can be totally outrageous, but outrageous in a wonderful way that gets him coverage,” Foerderer says. “That persona sells his licensed products and his condominiums. You know Donald’s never been shy, and justifiably so, in talking about how wonderful his buildings or his golf clubs are.”

The private Donald Trump, on the other hand, is “the dearest, most thoughtful, most loyal, most caring man,” Foerderer says. That caring side inspires loyalty and is one of his secrets to success.

As noted in my story The Real Donald Trump, when Foerderer began working for Trump as his secretary in 1980, he had been operating his business out of his limousine but had just opened an office across from the site of what became Trump Tower. Foerderer — who became a vice president — found that he had no files. He kept everything in his head. His lawyer kept copies of contracts.

Now Trump is worth $3.1 billion, according to Forbes magazine.

How did he do it?

“By being intelligent and by understanding real estate,” Trump says simply.
Foerderer, who was in charge of almost everything from public relations and hiring and firing administrative personnel to negotiating book deals and advertising contracts, says it’s a bit more complicated than that. To others who want to succeed like Trump, she says they must have a vision and a goal.

“Think about what you want to do, love it, and if you love it enough, you’ll realize your dreams. That’s what Donald's done.”

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Donald-Trump-Ronald-Kessler/2012/11/26/id/465363/#ixzz3sqk84OoE
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 04:03:50 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

Re: Donald Trump: Mean-Spirited GOP Won’t Win Elections
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 04:06:35 am »
And Trump's idea of rounding everyone up and frog-march deporting them is not mean-spirited?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 04:07:55 am »
And Trump's idea of rounding everyone up and frog-march deporting them is not mean-spirited?

This was three years ago.  I posted it to demonstrate how fickle he is.  Changes depending on his audience.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 04:08:58 am »
This was three years ago.  I posted it to demonstrate how fickle he is.  Changes depending on his audience.

Which simply drives home the basic point of my statement.  He panders.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 04:28:25 am »
Meanwhile at a popular "conservative" site, all candidates are fed thru scrutiny of every word, vote, position they have taken, and for them it s "One Strike and You Are Out."

Not with The Donald, who can do no wrong, for he talks tough and THAT is the only criteria this time.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 05:01:49 am »
This is from 3 whole years ago.  You're going all the way back before there was Pinterest to make a point? The problem with you Trump haters is you can't admit Trump is very compassionate "They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Trump thinks it's possible that a few of the illegals are good people.  Why must you focus only on the Drugs, Crime, and Rape stuff and twist the exact words Trump says into something mean spirited?  Trump likes many people.  People who are not captured during war.  People who don't bleed from their whatever. 

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  Don't you recognize flattery?

Offline raml

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 06:01:18 am »
Trump beats the hell out of Rubio and any of the other way down on the list GOP rino's who are running. Sorry I feel he will listen to us the people that is what is missing in 99% of all politicians and that is not the way it suppose to be in our country.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 06:20:57 am »
Sorry I feel he will listen to us the people that is what is missing in 99% of all politicians and that is not the way it suppose to be in our country.
You "feel" he will listen to the people.  Hard to argue about your feelings, but I don't recall Trump doing a listening tour around the country before he backtracked on every position he had taken prior to the last 8 months.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 10:18:13 am »
You "feel" he will listen to the people.  Hard to argue about your feelings, but I don't recall Trump doing a listening tour around the country before he backtracked on every position he had taken prior to the last 8 months.

The website "On the Issues" has captured various different quotes and positions that Trump has taken on various different issues for the past 10 -15 years (depending on the issue).  I don't see that he has backtracked at all rather than taking a more conservative stance from where he already stood. 

http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm

The only problem with evaluating an "outsider" is the fact that they have no voting record to check to see what they say against how they voted.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 10:19:45 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.