Author Topic: FBI Announces It Will Start Tracking Animal Cruelty Crimes in 2016  (Read 852 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/27/fbi-announces-will-start-tracking-animal-cruelty-crimes-2016/

The FBI has announced that starting next year it will be adding a new category to its crime statistics reporting and for the first time will begin tracking crimes of animal cruelty.

Until now the FBI lumped animal cruelty crimes into a catch-all category with other crimes that do not easily fit in a particular category into its National Incident Based Reporting System, the Baltimore Sun reports.

Mary Lou Randour, senior adviser for animal cruelty programs and training at the nonprofit Animal Welfare Institute, told the paper that until now there wasn’t an easy way to see national statistics.

“There was no way to find out how often it occurs, where it occurs, and whether it was on the increase,” Randour told the paper. “Empirical data is important. It’s going to give us information about animal cruelty crime so we can plan better about intervention and prevention.”

Randour noted that these stats are important for tracking early instances of anti-social or violent behavior in individuals that may go on to cause more problems for society. Often, she noted, animal cruelty is a precursor to later violence.

HAPPY2BME

Re: FBI Announces It Will Start Tracking Animal Cruelty Crimes in 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 07:37:19 pm »
What is wrong with a nation when its citizens are criminalized for being cruel to animals but legally protects those within it who MURDER MILLIONS of HUMAN BEINGS each year?

Stick a fork in this country its done.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 07:49:39 pm »
What is wrong with a nation when its citizens are criminalized for being cruel to animals but legally protects those within it who MURDER MILLIONS of HUMAN BEINGS each year?

The article is about cruelty to animals, and the correlation with that and other violence.

Do you support Cruelty to Animals? Your writing implies you do.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 07:58:03 pm »
Why exactly is this a federal issue? I haven't seen any gap or problem with state and local law enforcement handling it. At that, if there is one crime that is handled very well locally, this is it as it elicits a strong emotional response from the community. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 07:59:32 pm »
The article is about cruelty to animals, and the correlation with that and other violence.

You are reading Happy's comment the opposite of how I do. I see Happy's implication is that the nation supports cruelty to humans.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 08:11:10 pm »
You are reading Happy's comment the opposite of how I do. I see Happy's implication is that the nation supports cruelty to humans.
I suppose if you frame the question that way, then so do the majority of other nations on the globe.

Most nations that oppose abortion, are Islamic by the way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_law

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 10:24:23 pm »
Why exactly is this a federal issue?
It's not, but the feds never let that prevent them from sticking their noses into anything. And Happy is right -it's a sad thing when a nation is more concerned about animal lives than human. That isn't the same as saying animal cruelty is okay. It isn't. It's horrible.  But the legalized slaughter of millions of human babies is more troubling, or should be.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 02:35:00 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Carling

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 10:53:23 pm »

I support raising animals for human consumption.  I've been eating off of a turkey that was treated cruelly for 3 days now.   

I do find it odd that liberals care more about animals because a sociopath may be found once in a while than their own black young males murdering each other in the urban hellholes they created in the first place.

Also, where in his writing does it imply he supports animal cruelty?  You made that up all on your own.  His point was that liberals are fine with murdering babies, even outside the womb, but go apebleep crazy when a freaking lion is shot in Africa or someone kicks their dog.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:59:27 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Paladin

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 11:16:47 pm »

"The article is about cruelty to animals, and the correlation with that and other violence.

Do you support Cruelty to Animals? Your writing implies you do."

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline raml

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 11:28:30 pm »
I love all animals and hate that anyone would be cruel to them but I to think a nation that has killed million of babies in the womb that is now making a dept for just animal cruelty is one sick sick nation. The federal government is responsible for it's citizens protection that is number one and then interstate commerce really nothing else but in the past 100 years has slowly developed into something never wanted by the founding fathers and shouldn't be wanted by us today either. Our government has grown by leaps and bounds during my lifetime and it has not been for the better. Education was the worst of the mistakes made it should always be a local and state involvement never federal it has ruined what was at least an average public school system now it is sub par. Our whole government is so corrupt now it is past being helped. Both democrats and republicans did this you can't blame just one party.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:29:35 pm by raml »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 12:08:20 am »
It sounds silly at first, but there is apparently a strong correlation between someone who engages in animal cruelty and that person subsequently becoming violent against other people.  I think somebody posted a print out of the PP shooter's criminal record, and I think one of those crimes was animal cruelty.

That is true and the correlation is strong with serial killers, interestingly enough.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 12:40:49 am »

:threadjack:

we can be concerned with both

and I for one am glad that the FBI is doing this ,hope the fed and states do more

I long supported putting animal abusers on a dangerous offenders list

MF who do things like  this (WARNING GRAPHIC)

http://c1.thejournal.ie/media/2014/10/293298_199776580153775_894718638_n-630x472.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-19535636

and this

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cruel-teens-tortured-pet-dog-6892921

should be treated the same sex offenders

next time it could somebody's kid these dickless wonders  get  hold of
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 01:16:29 am »
Charles wrote above:
"next time it could somebody's kid these dickless wonders get hold of"

Poor dog. Amazingly, he was nursed back to health.

This story's out of the UK. I'm wondering if the "teens" that did this were.... "Asian" ....?
(In the UK, you know what that means....)

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 01:24:52 am »
Charles wrote above:
"next time it could somebody's kid these dickless wonders get hold of"

Poor dog. Amazingly, he was nursed back to health.

This story's out of the UK. I'm wondering if the "teens" that did this were.... "Asian" ....?
(In the UK, you know what that means....)
Could be ,but they have their share of white trash as well
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline raml

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 01:39:16 am »
I have a rescue for animals I know what people can do I still say a federal dept at the FBI is silly and the federal government is getting out of hand. If it will help find serial killers early then put it in with that dept. The federal government needs to be much smaller not larger. Every department means more money to pay salaries and benefits and office space these things take money that the federal government doesn't have. How can anyone be happy about this it is just more taxpayer money lost in all the debt when will it stop. The federal government needs a tight budget not anything else before it goes belly up.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 01:50:32 am »
 I said the people in this country prioritize the health and well being of animals over the murdering of millions of unborn HUMANS.

That is what I said.  If you have a problem with it, which is it?

I never said I condone either, BTW.

Shallow, fickle, political correctness rules this nation.  Most Americans don't have enough common sense to pour piss out of a boot.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 02:13:46 am »
I said the people in this country prioritize the health and well being of animals over the murdering of millions of unborn HUMANS.

That is what I said.  If you have a problem with it, which is it?

I never said I condone either, BTW.

Shallow, fickle, political correctness rules this nation.  Most Americans don't have enough common sense to pour piss out of a boot.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline raml

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 02:16:57 am »
HAPPY2BME yes that is what you said and what I said too in one of my posts. The democrats are the worst about this. They go crazy over cruelty to animals but not how babies in the womb die agonizing deaths in some of the butcher houses like planned parenthood. I will never understand it and like I said I rescue animals from bad situations I am not for animal cruelty. I just think human are more important in the whole scheme of life but maybe I'm crazy.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 02:50:42 am »

:threadjack:

we can be concerned with both

and I for one am glad that the FBI is doing this ,hope the fed and states do more

I long supported putting animal abusers on a dangerous offenders list

MF who do things like  this (WARNING GRAPHIC)

http://c1.thejournal.ie/media/2014/10/293298_199776580153775_894718638_n-630x472.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-19535636

and this

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cruel-teens-tortured-pet-dog-6892921

should be treated the same sex offenders

next time it could somebody's kid these dickless wonders  get  hold of

Anyone who tries to do anything remotely like that to an animal in my presence is going to have to contend with me first!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 05:24:31 am »
HAPPY2BME yes that is what you said and what I said too in one of my posts. The democrats are the worst about this. They go crazy over cruelty to animals but not how babies in the womb die agonizing deaths in some of the butcher houses like planned parenthood. I will never understand it and like I said I rescue animals from bad situations I am not for animal cruelty. I just think human are more important in the whole scheme of life but maybe I'm crazy.

=========================================

If this is information you did not know, I am sorry.  During her eight years as George W. Bush's First Lady; Laura Bush was not just pro-abortion, but also pro-gay.  She even documented this in her autobiography.

When it comes to integrity and good morality, the Republicans are just an inch above the Democrats.  And the Democrats are lower than rat dropping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 12:22:53 pm »
I have a rescue for animals I know what people can do I still say a federal dept at the FBI is silly and the federal government is getting out of hand. If it will help find serial killers early then put it in with that dept.

I totally agree with the bolded part, because animal cruelty is one of the big signs of a sociopath - which IS something the FBI should be taking an interest in.
I'll even agree to a TEMPORARY department to process the backlog of information - that should really not take more than a year though.

As far as the animals vs. children thing though - there is nothing new there. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, which is the oldest, started as an offshoot of the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
 :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink