Author Topic: Black Pastors Expected to Endorse Donald Trump  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Paladin

Black Pastors Expected to Endorse Donald Trump
« on: November 28, 2015, 06:44:56 am »
"Donald J. Trump will take the next step in his religious outreach effort next week when he announces the endorsement of a group of 100 African-American pastors and religious leaders at his Manhattan headquarters.

The Republican presidential candidate has a private meeting with the group scheduled on Monday before they make their offer of support official, according to his campaign. The endorsement comes as Mr. Trump has faced criticism for stoking racial tension and has seen his support among evangelical Christians start to waver in polls as voters consider Senator Ted Cruz of Texas and Ben Carson.

That tension was evident this week after an activist for the group Black Lives Matter was beaten at a Trump campaign rally, and the billionaire developer said that perhaps the activist deserved to be roughed up. Mr. Trump also angered some when he sent a Twitter message that appeared to play down the recent spate of incidents of police brutality against African-Americans.

However, Mr. Trump has held several meetings with black religious leaders this year as he looks to broaden his appeal, and it appears that he has closed the deal with some of them."

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/11/25/black-pastors-expected-to-endorse-donald-trump/

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Black Pastors Expected to Endorse Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 08:48:22 am »
That could be yuge.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 01:55:30 pm »
That will count Big Time but the haters on here will say that blacks are only 10-14% of the population. It represents a fraction of the crossover vote Trump will get. The GOPe money guys realize this and that is why they did not support the campaign of polling  their money together to take him out.  :shrug:

Offline Paladin

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 10:39:13 pm »
"Black Pastors To Trump: Our Meeting Is Not An Endorsement

When a group of black pastors agreed to meet with Trump on Monday, they did not anticipate that meeting would turn into a de facto endorsement of the Republican frontrunner.

Several members of a group of prominent African American ministers scheduled to meet with Donald Trump Monday are making clear that they have made no commitments to endorse the real estate magnate. Their public declarations of non-endorsement come after a press release from the Trump campaign announced a coalition of 100 African American religious leaders will appear with the real estate mogul shortly after the meeting to endorse him.

Bishop Clarence McClendon, a Los Angeles-based minister who was invited to the Monday meeting with clergy, posted to Facebook after the Trump campaign announced the coming endorsements.

“I am not officially endorsing ANY candidate and when I do you will NOT need to hear it from pulpitting courtjesters who suffer from intellectual and spiritual myopia,” he wrote.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/28/black-pastors-to-trump-our-meeting-is-not-an-endorsement.html

FWIW, given the Source is The Daily Beast.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 12:00:42 am »
Bishop Clarence McClendon, a Los Angeles-based minister who was invited to the Monday meeting with clergy, posted to Facebook after the Trump campaign announced the coming endorsements.

“I am not officially endorsing ANY candidate and when I do you will NOT need to hear it from pulpitting courtjesters who suffer from intellectual and spiritual myopia,” he wrote.

Ouch.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 03:18:17 am »
"Black Pastors To Trump: Our Meeting Is Not An Endorsement

When a group of black pastors agreed to meet with Trump on Monday, they did not anticipate that meeting would turn into a de facto endorsement of the Republican frontrunner.

Several members of a group of prominent African American ministers scheduled to meet with Donald Trump Monday are making clear that they have made no commitments to endorse the real estate magnate. Their public declarations of non-endorsement come after a press release from the Trump campaign announced a coalition of 100 African American religious leaders will appear with the real estate mogul shortly after the meeting to endorse him.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/28/black-pastors-to-trump-our-meeting-is-not-an-endorsement.html

FWIW, given the Source is The Daily Beast.

Whoopsie!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 07:22:05 am »
Trump Announces 100 Black Pastors To Endorse Him, Lying Black Pastors Say NO WE’RE NOT!!

It’s clear that the mainstream media is trying to destroy the noble and godly Donald Trump by absolutely smearing him and lying their mendacious lies about this statement that 100 African-American pastors were going to endorse el Trumpo, our savior and lord:

Donald Trump’s campaign says he’ll pick up the endorsement of a coalition of 100 African-American pastors and evangelical leaders Monday in New York City.

The real estate mogul and Republican presidential front-runner’s campaign announced the endorsement — which it said will come after a private meeting at Trump Tower — on Wednesday.

Trump’s campaign scheduled an endorsement event for 1 p.m. ET. It has not released the names of the religious leaders who are set to endorse Trump.

That was on Friday, and they obviously planted the story so that they could do THIS today, the scumbag liars that lie:

Talked w/ a few of the Black pastors who are going to go hang out w/ Trump. Dudes legit have no idea that they are props in his PR stunt.

— Shaun King (@ShaunKing) November 26, 2015

It’s a trap!! They somehow fabricated a statement from the Donald (peace be upon him), and now they’re lying about it!!

Look here’s a pastor who probably isn’t even black saying it’s a lie!! What a jerk who’s a total loser, he’s probably jealous of Trump that’s why!!

Friday, November 27, 2015

Bishop McClendon was INVITED to attend Monday’s meeting and his name was used as an invitee, but had made no plans to attend the meeting and indeed will NOT be in attendance. The meeting was presented not as a meeting to endorse but as a meeting to engage in dialogue.

He does believe that African American spiritual leaders should be listening and engaging in dialogue with any candidate who is currently, based on the polls, exhibiting a real potential for occupying the Oval Office.

Bishop McClendon has NOT made up his mind for whom he will vote in the upcoming election and had previously determined that he would not make any decision until after January 2016. He exhorts all serious minded believers to not vote on allegiance to any political party but on the basis of the Judeo-Christian ethic and their spiritually inspired conscience.

“Bishop McClendon”?! That sounds totally made up! What a loser!!

And here are more lies from the Daily Beast!! They’re going bankrupt because they’re losers so they’re lying about winners like Trump!!

Lightweights. All of them. Black Pastors? Trump is all the black pastor I need.

Bishop Corletta Vaughn, the Senior Pastor of the Holy Spirit Cathedral of Faith in Detroit, posted a message on Facebook after she said her inbox was “blowing up with inquiries” after her name was included on a list of pastors meeting Trump.

“Let me be clear,” she wrote.  “I was invited to attend a gathering of clergy to listen to Mr. Trump on Monday November 30. I respectively (Sic.) declined as I do not support nor will endorse Donald Trump.”

“I was asked 2 meet with Mr Trump too but I refused because until he learns how to respect people you can’t represent me thru my endorsement,” Bishop Paul Morton, a prominent pastor in Atlanta tweeted on Friday.

Women can’t even be pastors, c’mon!! What a load of BS!!

The Trump campaign did not respond to questions about which ministers will endorse him on Monday.

In fact, of the pastors scheduled to meet with Trump earlier in the day, so far only one, Pastor Darrell Scott, has said he will attend the press conference to endorse Trump.

In an interview with the Daily Beast on Friday, Scott said that he had organized Monday’s meeting between Trump and black clergy, but that his invitation was for them to meet with Trump, not to endorse him.

Of course they don’t have a comment because they don’t talk to losers and haters that’s why!! Not only is Trump (peace be upon him) gonna win the African American vote, but he’s going to win the Daily Beast vote, and he’s going to make Mexico pay for it!! Losers, all of them!!

I bet Trump will show up on Monday with a THOUSAND Black Pastors to endorse him and then the media will look sooooo stupid!! Hahahahah!!

http://soopermexican.com/2015/11/28/trump-announces-100-black-pastors-to-endorse-him-lying-black-pastors-say-no-were-not/

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 12:30:54 pm »
What is really sad about all of this is not Trump's dog and pony show, but the inability of people to see through it, and the inability of anyone in this pack of candidates to break through it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 12:34:18 pm »
Serious question - just how significant is an endorsement by black pastors? How much clout do they bring to the table? I'm having to ask because over here it would be completely irrelevant (not to mention illegal).
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 01:04:05 pm »
Serious question - just how significant is an endorsement by black pastors? How much clout do they bring to the table? I'm having to ask because over here it would be completely irrelevant (not to mention illegal).

It's purely symbolic, but then just about everything in politics is.  I guess it's worth about as much as Trump could make of it.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 01:08:48 pm »
The Trump haters will go back in their hole when it happens tormorrow. If it doesn't happen they will be delighted tell you so and that is the reason NOT to vote Trump. As for usual they will give no reasons for vote for their candidate if they have one? 8888crybaby
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:10:55 pm by Longiron »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 06:41:03 pm »

==================================================================

It is not significant in the sense that regardless of WHO the GOP magically 'selects,' it won't make one ounce of difference in how 95% of Blacks and Hispanics vote.

Nothing the eGOP can do will EVER change that.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 06:52:40 pm »
95%, that low?   99.5% who vote democrat - will continue to vote Democrat, no matter who we put up, and no matter if these Black pastors endorse him or not. Now if Al Sharpton, or Jessie Jackson were among them, that may make a difference. But if those two clowns find reason for voting for Trump we really have a nightmare situation.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 06:58:53 pm »

It’s clear that the mainstream media is trying to destroy the noble and godly Donald Trump by absolutely smearing him and lying their mendacious lies about this statement that 100 African-American pastors were going to endorse el Trumpo, our savior and lord:

Sooper Mexican has been reading too much FR.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 07:04:19 pm »
Sooper Mexican has been reading too much FR.

Sooper Mexican is no fan of Trump. His article is written tongue-in-cheek.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 07:09:01 pm »
Sooper Mexican is no fan of Trump. His article is written tongue-in-cheek.

Oh, I know.. he is a great writer like that. It just seems he didn't have to make much of that up, he could have simply cut and paste from FR.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 07:18:37 pm »
Thanks to all who replied (or replied to the replies!!)

The whole concept of talking to black pastors or seeking endorsement from them is a little strange to me - our demographics are hugely different (most of our generational welfare types and low-lives are white, for example).
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 07:30:34 pm »
Thanks to all who replied (or replied to the replies!!)

The whole concept of talking to black pastors or seeking endorsement from them is a little strange to me - our demographics are hugely different (most of our generational welfare types and low-lives are white, for example).

I'm going to take a slightly different view than many of the others. James Golden had a great interview the other day I'll try to find later that reinforces my point. With some exceptions obviously, the African American community is very religious, probably more than most other communities. They have followed liberals part and partial because it is preached from the pulpit. However, they don't see it the way we think they do. They see it as compassion and caring. They actually live their lives much closer to Conservative values.

If they have a strong show from African American Pastors (especially ones they respect) toward any point of view, they'll stop and take notice much faster than if some politician said something.

That being said, because Trump lied about this endorsement, it will probably have the opposite effect, especially if the same pastors denounce him (as they hinted at in the other article I posted about this) as being 'used', it will just build a bigger wall (for lack of a better term) between African Americans and the Right.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 09:57:58 pm »
They actually live their lives much closer to Conservative values.
Statistics would say otherwise.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Paladin

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 11:20:50 pm »

It would appear you don't realize how race obsessed we Americans are. Because it serves Liberal ends, practically ever issue here has some racial tinge to it. Moreover, blacks are just expected to support Democrats (if they don't they are either ignored or smeared). So it would be a minor major event if this number of black pastors, who do have a large degree of influence in black communities, were to endorse a white Republican.

As to the legality? They are black and thus above criticism. If these were white pastors there might be some blowback, but not with this group.