Author Topic: Armed mosque protesters publish Irving Muslims' home addresses  (Read 991 times)

Offline sinkspur

Armed mosque protesters publish Irving Muslims' home addresses
« on: November 26, 2015, 05:56:12 pm »

http://irvingblog.dallasnews.com/2015/11/group-that-brought-guns-to-irving-mosque-publishes-muslims-home-addresses.html/

Armed mosque protesters publish Irving Muslims’ home addresses

Published: November 25, 2015 12:47 pm

By JULIE FANCHER and AVI SE

The organizer of a recent armed anti-Muslim protest at an Irving mosque published the names and addresses of dozens of Muslims and “Muslim sympathizers” online Wednesday.

David Wright III copied an Irving city document that included the personal information of people who signed up to speak before the City Council voted in March to support a state bill aimed at blocking Muslim influence.

Wright, who organized Saturday’s armed protest against the “Islamization of America” outside the Irving Islamic Center, posted on Facebook “the name and address of every Muslim and Muslim sympathizer that stood up for … Sharia tribunals in Irving.”

Multiple attempts to reach Wright for comment were not successful.

Anthony Bond, an Irving activist who spoke against the state bill before the City Council, said he was shocked to find his name on the Facebook list.

“We have a right to disagree, but we do not have the right to target and cause … harm just because we differ in our beliefs,” he said. “That is the goal of this post: to put a bulls-eye on the back of all the people that stood up against the so-called anti-Shariah law bill.”

Bond said he had reported his concerns to Irving police.

Irving police spokesman James McLellan said he was unaware of any complaints about the list.

“If we do receive any contacts or concerns from anyone involved, then of course we will respond appropriately,” he said.

Alia Salem, executive director of the Dallas/Fort Worth branch of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said she was “absolutely concerned” after finding her name on the list.

“This is the first time I’ve been slightly alarmed,” she said. “As bad as things have gotten in the past, and especially recently, this is the first time where I see people taking this public.”

Salem said that though she was concerned about her personal information being online, she didn’t want to place undue importance on the anti-Muslim protesters.

“I don’t want to give them any credibility at all, but at the same time when you are publicizing people’s names … I’m trying to take this in stride,” she said. “It doesn’t seem to be getting much traction, and we are definitely getting support — people are horrified.”

Salem said that she had talked to other people on the list who shared her concerns.

“This is my job to deal with this kind of stuff,” she said. “But for an everyday citizen who was just exerting their First Amendment rights and their right as an American to speak up and speak out, they were just being good citizens to show up and be a part of the democratic process. Now they are targets.”

She said she plans to discuss the situation with the FBI and Justice Department.

“We don’t know what this could lead to,” she said.

The list Wright posted also contained the names and addresses of people who supported the city’s efforts to limit Muslim influence.

Jacqualea Cooley, who said she was unaware her name and address had been posted online, acknowledged Wright’s freedom to post the publicly available information. But she did express concerns.

“If it gets into hands of the wrong people … some harm could be done,” she said. “… We have a very volatile Muslim community right now, I don’t know if there are people there that would act on information or not.”

Cooley said some opponents had been misidentified as supporters of the city’s efforts, though she said the problems may have originated in the city’s records.

“This is how misinformation gets out,” she said.

Shortly before Wright posted the list online, he wrote on Facebook: “We should stop being afraid to be who we are! We like to have guns designed to kill people that pose a threat in a very efficient manner.”

Wright and other members of his group, the Bureau on American Islamic Relations, say they carry guns only in self-defense and weren’t trying to intimidate anyone at Saturday’s protest. But they are convinced that the U.S. is due for violent conflict with Muslims.

At Saturday’s protest, Wright said he’d chosen the Irving mosque in part because area Muslims had threatened to kill Irving Mayor Beth Van Duyne — something The Dallas Morning News has found no evidence of.

Van Duyne, who has frequently raised concerns about the spread of Islamic influence, said Wednesday that she was in no way affiliated with the group and declined to comment on the list.

City Council member David Palmer said that though the names and addresses were public information, posting them online appeared to be an attempt to spread fear.

“I don’t know why they would publish this other than for intimidation purposes,” he said. “And whether you’re pro or against, continue to speak your mind.”

Palmer said he had stopped by Saturday’s rally after a mosque member raised concerns about the armed protesters.

“I went out there … to observe,” he said. “I fully support their right to protest, their or anyone else really, to protest. What I felt uncomfortable about was that they needed to bring weapons to a place of worship.”

Another rally is planned Saturday at the Islamic Center to protest Wright’s group and show support for area Muslims.

“The mosque in Irving receives a lot of hate and ugliness,” said Tonya Cadenhead, an Irving resident who is organizing the event, which begins at noon at the mosque at 2555 Esters Road. “I decided to do something nice for them and show them not everyone has an ugly heart.”
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Armed mosque protesters publish Irving Muslims' home addresses
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 06:13:44 pm »
In my seaside resort town, the Abdelmuti family has owned the leading surfboard and surf wear store business since 1957. (Jack's-several locations now) Palestinian muslims, they are.

Michael Ali owns two concession stands on the beachfront (Zach's and Zach's II).  Before that he owned a cocktail bar (Cagney's), and before that he owned a liquor store (Pasha). He served as a sergeant in the US Army in Vietnam. I have known him for 44 years. Palestinian muslim. Another similar family owns nearby Coach's restaurants (3 locations I believe).

These people are citizens of the community and the business community. The businesses are being passed down generation to generation. Jack's and Zach's belong to the Chamber of Commerce, God forbid. They also employ many dozens of residents, if not in the hundreds.

Congressman Dana Rohrabacher rents office space at Jack's for his local offices. He is ten times the "conservative" that showman Trump is.

Trump and his fringe supporters are dragging the party and conservatism into the gutter.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:37:27 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 06:23:51 pm »
Imagine if a group of Muslims with guns showed up and protested outside whatever "church" this Wright character attends.

He'd declare war on them.   

Trump is dividing the country even more than Obama has.  And he's doing it CONSCIOUSLY.  Seeing all those cheering shoe-size IQ'd dolts feeds his ego, which is what this whole "campaign" is about anyway.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 06:24:28 pm by sinkspur »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 09:30:39 pm »
The anti-Trump derangement syndrome is starting to reach a fevered, hyperbolic, paranoid pitch among a few here. I find it amazingly ironic that they're in a lunatic frenzy screaming about Trump whipping people into a lunatic frenzy.

Have a nice Thanksgiving.
The Republic is lost.

Offline raml

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 11:32:22 pm »
I trust no Muslim I don't care how long they lived here. They will turn on you in a minute if there numbers become a majority. This is their cult that they belong to and worship about it is in their teachings to lie and pretend to be friends with the infidel. Donald Trump to me is saner than people who praise these people and their cult.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 12:02:21 am »
The anti-Trump derangement syndrome is starting to reach a fevered, hyperbolic, paranoid pitch among a few here. I find it amazingly ironic that they're in a lunatic frenzy screaming about Trump whipping people into a lunatic frenzy.

It's not a derangement.  It's an effort to derail Trump.  And some of us are going to do all we can to accomplish that.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 12:17:13 am »
It's not a derangement.  It's an effort to derail Trump.  And some of us are going to do all we can to accomplish that.

Based on your irrational, paranoid world view. Gotta love the self-appointed, self-anointed. It's almost like being on the DailyKos,

The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 12:24:02 am »
Based on your irrational, paranoid world view. Gotta love the self-appointed, self-anointed. It's almost like being on the DailyKos,

Trump is a scumbag.  Pure and simple.  You obviously think differently. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 12:30:49 am »
Trump is a scumbag.  Pure and simple.  You obviously think differently.

He's not my guy, but he's also not the GOPe's guy, and that makes him very useful to the broader cause, basically giving them the bird and getting them out of the party.

The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 12:38:18 am »
He's not my guy, but he's also not the GOPe's guy, and that makes him very useful to the broader cause, basically giving them the bird and getting them out of the party.

What "broader cause?"  Trump has the support of 9% of the public. And everybody outside that 9% hate his guts.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 02:07:13 am »
Trump has the support of 9% of the public. And everybody outside that 9% hate his guts. 

Since you provide no link or source for your statistic, this is more fabrication from you.  And it's meaningless. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 02:11:47 am »
Since you provide no link or source for your statistic, this is more fabrication from you.  And it's meaningless.

Trump has the support of 30% of the GOP.  That translates to about 9% of the voting public.  YOu can look it up.

Why are defending this cretin?  He mocks cripples and trashes ANYBODY who opposes him.  He's an emotional juvenile. 

If you respect this, I'm sorry for you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2015, 02:49:41 am »
Trump has the support of 30% of the GOP.  That translates to about 9% of the voting public.  YOu can look it up.

Why are defending this cretin?  He mocks cripples and trashes ANYBODY who opposes him.  He's an emotional juvenile. 

If you respect this, I'm sorry for you.

Which means Hillary has what, 15% of the voting public at the moment? It's a stupid meaningless statistic.

The Republic is lost.