Author Topic: New York Times slams Trump's mocking of handicapped reporter as 'outrageous'  (Read 17626 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

An uncanny impersonation Donny...you should go into show business.

The photo of the disability makes this story worse, and emphasizes what a despicable POS he is. Having close family members with muscular disabilities makes this even more offending to me. Doesn't he think about the consequences of the words he says, before he sputters them?  Today it's an embarrassing story that will be forgotten before the stuffing cools, but if he becomes the leader of the Free World, the ones he offends are far more important on the world's stage that a reporter.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Longiron

I wonder how Rush will defend this horrific behavior.

I wonder how ANYONE thinks a person who behaves like this should ever be the leader of this once great nation......   **nononono*
e

Tell us what your candidate would do better? :amen:

Offline Longiron

The photo of the disability makes this story worse, and emphasizes what a despicable POS he is. Having close family members with muscular disabilities makes this even more offending to me. Doesn't he think about the consequences of the words he says, before he sputters them?  Today it's an embarrassing story that will be forgotten before the stuffing cools, but if he becomes the leader of the Free World, the ones he offends are far more important on the world's stage that a reporter.

Since you love bashing Trump so much for anything tell us how your candidate would do?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Good, mature parents scold and punish their children, if they mock somebody with a disability.

Support for Trump over this, is beyond despicable. The guy is dragging down the party and conservatism.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Longiron

No candidate is perfect, that is a given, but sometimes Trump just goes off the deep end.
I want to take the guy seriously but this kind of thing just makes me want to pull my hair out....

So all the Trump haters accept that the NYT is the whole truth and nothing but the truth? You know, they really do believe that! Bet there is way more to the story that the Haters do not want to recognize as usual.

Offline Longiron

Good, mature parents scold and punish their children, if they mock somebody with a disability.

Support for Trump over this, is beyond despicable. The guy is dragging down the party and conservatism.

How can anyone drag the RinoGOP lower than it is? By the way, in case you have not noticed Trump is not part of the RINOGOP and that is why he has and will continue to be the Leader this country needs.

Offline truth_seeker

How can anyone drag the RinoGOP lower than it is?

You and your type are sure trying. And succeeding. Despicable.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
So all the Trump haters accept that the NYT is the whole truth and nothing but the truth? You know, they really do believe that! Bet there is way more to the story that the Haters do not want to recognize as usual.

Cut the haters bullshit.

He's your guy - justify this. Or shut the bleep up.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

I never thought I'd see the day when "conservatives" are backing a far-left loony tune NYT propagandist over a man who clearly loves his country, faults and all.

I'm not a Trump supporter, either.  Is making fun of Trump's hair a hate crime, too?  Is calling his wives "barely English speaking" bigoted?

Tell me, the four of you here who are making fools of yourselves on a daily basis with your TDS to the point you back Islamists over Trump.

My momma would slap me when I made fun of handicapped people.  Pity that somebody doesn't do that to the Orangutan.

The handicapped guy can't do anything about his handicap.  Trump's hair, well, he's the one who's decided he wants to look like  a poor man's Liberace.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 04:59:09 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Did you see the pic of Trump mocking the reporter?  It's right here on the thread. 

Trump has no more emotional maturity than a high school sophomore.

Offline flowers

Yes it was wrong of him to do this. Yet we still have freedom of speech here in this country somewhat. I have seen and read the horrible things they did to Palin. It was either Family Guy or South Park who made fun of her child and his handicap. The left was all OK with that episode.

Offline truth_seeker

Yes it was wrong of him to do this. Yet we still have freedom of speech here in this country somewhat. I have seen and read the horrible things they did to Palin. It was either Family Guy or South Park who made fun of her child and his handicap. The left was all OK with that episode.
Trump is not the left; he is presumably on our side. As such he should be roundly criticized.

If he was half the man his supporters think he is, he would apologize. But he is not.

I will be disappointed if his competitors do not call him out, for this. One and all.

Offline LottieDah

Go to TOS and you will see how he is being defended.

Offline sinkspur

The usual Trump supporters here are either absent the last 24 hours since this story came out, or they're trying to change the subject. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM has condemned his behavior.

Which tells you a lot about this mania they're suffering from.

Offline truth_seeker

Spreading vitriol is a speciality.  Lying for money is a criminal offense.
To be clear, you defend Trump's behavior on this?

Offline flowers

Trump is not the left; he is presumably on our side. As such he should be roundly criticized.

If he was half the man his supporters think he is, he would apologize. But he is not.

I will be disappointed if his competitors do not call him out, for this. One and all.
Good post!

Offline NavyCanDo

Since you love bashing Trump so much for anything tell us how your candidate would do?

I don't have "a candidate" yet, but the ones I am considering act like adults.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline flowers

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

so Donald.....it is just a coincidence you mocked him with the hands?  I cannot believe that. He has made fun of iForina, called that guy he tossed out of his campaign speech morbid obese. Made fun of Pauls hair. just to name a couple off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:57:15 pm by flowers »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump used an exaggerated voice and arm action as he pretended to be Kovaleski.

Trump uses the same exaggerated voice and arm actions during rallies when he talks of Obama's ineptness, Clinton's lies about Benghazi and her emails, US Generals who say fighting ISIS will be "hard".  He uses them when he talks of dishonest MSM members.  The next gesture is usually open arms with a look on his face that says "can you believe this shit?!"

To use this stopped video shot in mid-gesture as proof that he was pretending to be Kovaleski (a person he'd not met nor seen) is disingenuous to the highest power.   **nononono*

That's all I have to say on this.

Offline sinkspur

Trump uses the same exaggerated voice and arm actions during rallies when he talks of Obama's ineptness, Clinton's lies about Benghazi and her emails, US Generals who say fighting ISIS will be "hard".  He uses them when he talks of dishonest MSM members.  The next gesture is usually open arms with a look on his face that says "can you believe this shit?!"

To use this stopped video shot in mid-gesture as proof that he was pretending to be Kovaleski (a person he'd not met nor seen) is disingenuous to the highest power.   **nononono*

That's all I have to say on this.

LOL!  So the omnipotent Trump, when talking about someone HE DOES KNOW, isn't mocking that person with his perverted hand motions?

You're such a sucker.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/261381-trump-denies-mocking-disabled-reporter

November 26, 2015, 03:13 pm
Trump denies mocking disabled reporter

By Bradford Richardson

GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump says he does not know the disabled New York Times reporter he is accused of mocking.

“I have no idea who this reporter, Serge Kovaleski is, what he looks like or his level of intelligence,” Trump said in a statement posted on Twitter on Thursday. “I don’t know if he’s J.J. Watt or Muhammad Ali in his prime – or somebody of less athletic or physical ability.”

Trump cited an article written by Kovaleski in 2001, when he wrote for The Washington Post, that appeared to corroborate the businessman’s story of seeing Arab-Americans in New Jersey celebrating as the World Trade Center towers came down.

After Kovaleski, who suffers from a chronic condition that impairs the movement of his arms, went on CNN to renounce the report, Trump appeared to mimic the journalist on stage at a South Carolina rally.

“Now the poor guy, you gotta see this guy: ‘Uhh, I don’t know what I said. I don’t remember.’ He’s going, ‘I don’t remember. Maybe that’s what I said,’ ” Trump said at the rally, flailing his arms as he imitated Kovaleski. “That was 14 years ago – they didn’t issue a retraction.”

The New York Times said it is “outrageous” that Trump would “ridicule the appearance of one of our reporters."

But Trump now claims that he has no idea what Kovaleski looks like.

“In my speech before over 10,000 people in Myrtle Beach, SC, I merely mimicked what I thought would be a flustered reporter trying to get out of a statement he made long ago,” Trump said in the statement. “If Mr. Kovaleski is handicapped, I would not know because I do not know what he looks like.”

The 2001 Kovaleski report read in part: “Law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.”

Trump has used the article to bolster his claim that Arab-Americans were “dancing in the streets” after the 9/11 terrorist attack.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Trump's a liar. He's already proven that.

"You gotta see this guy".  Trump knows that he's handicapped and he mocked him.

Why are you defending this cretin?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Is this a joke, to make sink's head explode? And with his hair on fire like it always is, that will be a danger to everyone around him.

You know full well he has to post 45 times now just so he can sleep tonight.
LoL
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Paladin

Is this a joke, to make sink's head explode? And with his hair on fire like it always is, that will be a danger to everyone around him.

You know full well he has to post 45 times now just so he can sleep tonight.
LoL

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's a liar. He's already proven that.

"You gotta see this guy".  Trump knows that he's handicapped and he mocked him.

Why are you defending this cretin?

Who's defending him..I am posting a legit article from the Hill..unlike from Playboy..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34