Author Topic: Cruz on ‘Lunacy’ of Transgender Policies: ‘My 5-Year-Old Knows There’s a Difference Between Boys and Girls’  (Read 1215 times)

rangerrebew

Cruz on ‘Lunacy’ of Transgender Policies: ‘My 5-Year-Old Knows There’s a Difference Between Boys and Girls’

(CNSNews.com) – GOP presidential hopeful Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) spoke out Thursday on the growing debate over transgender policies for school facilities including restrooms and lockers, specifically the push for kids to use facilities consistent with their “gender identity.”

“The federal government is going after school districts, trying to force them to let boys shower with little girls,” Cruz said on the conservative radio show “Louder With Crowder.” “Now listen: I’m the father of two daughters, and the idea that the federal government is coming in saying that boys, with all the God-given equipment of boys, can be in the shower room with junior high girls – this is lunacy!

“And I bet you there are a whole lot of parents – particularly parents of daughters – that are not eager to have the federal government saying ‘Guess what? Your daughter has to shower with a boy, if he wants to be in there,’” he continued.

Cruz later added, “You know, the funny thing is, my five-year-old knows there’s a difference between boys and girls, and yet modern Leftists can’t figure that out.”

Cruz’s references to the federal government’s involvement in this issue likely allude to the Obama administration’s legal support for transgender students in two recent cases.

The Department of Education (DOE) ruled Nov. 2 that a Chicago area school district violated Title IX, which prohibits sex-based discrimination in schools, by not allowing an unnamed biological male access to the girls’ locker room.

"We do not agree with (the DOE's) decision and remain strong in our belief that the District's course of action, including private changing stations in our locker rooms, appropriately serves the dignity and privacy of all students in our educational environment," the Illinois school district said [1] in a statement following the ruling.

The district has been given 30 days to reach a solution or face enforcement, which could mean the loss of Title IX funding.

The DOE also filed a brief  [2]at the end of October in support of Gavin Grimm, a biological female who is suing the Gloucester County School Board in Virginia for access to the boys’ restroom.

“Prohibiting a transgender male student from using boys’ restrooms, when other non-transgender male students face no such restriction, deprives him not only of equal educational opportunity but also ‘of equal status, respect, and dignity,’” the DOE and DOJ attorneys argued in that brief [3].
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/lauretta-brown/cruz-lunacy-transgender-policies-my-5-year-old-knows-theres-difference

Oceander

It's not so much that liberals do not know that boys and girls are different, it's that they have totally disconnected gender from reality and have decided that being "boy" or "girl" is solely a matter of subjective desire and social convention.

Offline sinkspur

Another reason fewer and fewer people identify with the Republican party is their dogmatism on homosexuality and transgender people.  I happen to know family with an 8 year old transgender kid, and my view of this has completely changed, just as having friends who are gay have changed my view of homosexuality. 

Not going to argue with anybody on this.  Those who condemn gays or transgenders are going to find themselves more and more isolated, politically and personally.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

Another reason fewer and fewer people identify with the Republican party is their dogmatism on homosexuality and transgender people.  I happen to know family with an 8 year old transgender kid, and my view of this has completely changed, just as having friends who are gay have changed my view of homosexuality. 

Not going to argue with anybody on this.  Those who condemn gays or transgenders are going to find themselves more and more isolated, politically and personally.

Friends can do that to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My brother's wife has a brother that is gay. The guy gave years of his life, to care for his invalid elderly mother.

She lived and lived, and in the end he was weary of it, but he saw it through to the end.

He and I share the gift of sobriety, and got help from the same man. A sober Catholic priest.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

Offline Paladin

This statement has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Cruz condemned no one. Merely pointed out even a child recognizes the difference between boys and girls and adolescent boys, no matter what sex they claim to be, should not be allowed to shower with adolescent girls.

That is not condemnation, simply common sense.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

Cruz condemned no one. Merely pointed out even a child recognizes the difference between boys and girls and adolescent boys, no matter what sex they claim to be, should not be allowed to shower with adolescent girls.

You have a problem with a gay boy showering with other boys?

Online libertybele

Exactly.  How many adolescent boys are going to claim that they are gay/transgender or whatever just to be able to get into the same shower as their female classmates?  It's an "assault" just waiting to happen.  What about the females involved?  Why should they be made to shower with someone of the opposite sex?  Again ... just an "assault" waiting to happen.

Better solution:  Female shower room for females.  Male shower room for males.  LGTB shower room for those who have "issues" identifying with their own sexuality.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Paladin

You have a problem with a gay boy showering with other boys?

Completely irrelevant to what you originally stated about condemnation. You just love to try to change the subject whenever you have nothing of substance to offer, don't you?

Libertybele provided the solution: "LGTB shower room for those who have "issues" identifying with their own sexuality."

Now try, for once, to stay on topic.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:47:42 am by Paladin »
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

Completely irrelevant to what you originally stated about condemnation. You just love to try to change the subject whenever you have nothing of substance to offer, don't you?

Libertybele provided the solution: "LGTB shower room for those who have "issues" identifying with their own sexuality."

Now try, for once, to stay on topic.

The courts will resolve this issue and I am sure you won't like how they resolve it.

Offline Paladin

And again: " You just love to try to change the subject whenever you have nothing of substance to offer, don't you?

"The courts will resolve this issue and I am sure you won't like how they resolve it."

Offline sinkspur

And again: " You just love to try to change the subject whenever you have nothing of substance to offer, don't you?

"The courts will resolve this issue and I am sure you won't like how they resolve it."

You don't like what I say.  Just pass over what I post, please.

Saying that courts will resolve Transgender issues IS substance, since that is how school districts will have to treat them. And it won't ultimately matter what you or I think.

Offline Paladin

"Saying that courts will resolve Transgender issues IS substance..."

No, it's not. The topic is what Senator Cruz correctly stated about the lunacy’ of transgender policies; your asinine attempt to completely change the focus of the discussion, "Those who condemn gays or transgenders are going to find themselves more and more isolated, politically and personally"; and your subsequent attempts to continuing the refocusing rather than address Senator Cruz's comments.

Projecting what the courts may or may not do is pure wishful thinking, and has even less to do with the actual topic than your original post.

Please: try, for once, to stay on topic.

Offline sinkspur

Paladin, I have you on ignore.  So you may as well save your keystrokes.  You and I are oil and water.