Author Topic: State Department issues worldwide travel alert  (Read 358 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
State Department issues worldwide travel alert
« on: November 23, 2015, 11:10:10 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/23/state-department-issues-worldwide-travel-alert.html

State Department issues worldwide travel alert
Published November 23, 2015 FoxNews.com

The State Department issued a worldwide travel alert Monday over possible risks due to increased terrorism threats.

The alert comes amid information that ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, and other terrorist groups continue to plan attacks in multiple regions by employing a “wide variety of tactics,” according to the State Department.

Authorities believe the likelihood of terror attacks will continue as members of ISIS return from Iraq and Syria, as well as the threat from “unaffiliated persons” planning attacks inspired by major terrorist organizations.

The State Department said that U.S. citizens should “exercise vigilance when in public places or using transportation” and “avoid large crowds or crowded places.”

Americans  are also urged to exercise particular caution during the holiday season, and at holiday festivals or events. The worldwide travel alert expires on Feb. 24, 2016.

The alert was issued after multiple attacks in the past year in France, Nigeria, Denmark, Turkey and Mali in the past year, as well as the bombing of a Russian airliner in Egypt, for which ISIS has claimed responsibility.

The State Department said that U.S. citizens should factor updated information into personal travel plans, and urges anyone with specific safety concerns to contact local law enforcement authorities.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: State Department issues worldwide travel alert
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 12:27:38 am »
I'm going to be so scared, I'll willingly accept the elimination of all of my constitutional rights in exchange for a little safety!  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 12:31:37 am »
I'm going to be so scared, I'll willingly accept the elimination of all of my constitutional rights in exchange for a little safety!  :pondering:

I missed the sarcasm qualifier in that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 12:44:26 am »
Yeah, it was sarcasm (I said while cleaning my guns).

Let's see, thanks to ISIS, the State Department is warning all Americans not to go anywhere in the entire world. Looks like we're the ones who are contained, not ISIS. Sorry, Barack, you're wrong again.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 12:53:19 am »
Yeah, it was sarcasm (I said while cleaning my guns).

Let's see, thanks to ISIS, the State Department is warning all Americans not to go anywhere in the entire world. Looks like we're the ones who are contained, not ISIS. Sorry, Barack, you're wrong again.

Exactly.  Why are WE scared. THEY should be scared.

And the only way they'll be scared is if we kill them in large numbers, including civilians.  That's the deal-breaker.  We need a President who will tolerate WWII ROEs.  Civilian casualties be damned.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 06:23:55 am »
Someone on radio today made the astute observation that while the State Dept is warning us about traveling due to terrorism, at the same time Obama & Co. are doing everything they can to bring people into this country who might be terrorists.

There seems to be a bit of a disconnect herein.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 07:54:01 am »
Someone on radio today made the astute observation that while the State Dept is warning us about traveling due to terrorism, at the same time Obama & Co. are doing everything they can to bring people into this country who might be terrorists.

There seems to be a bit of a disconnect herein.

But Obama's only bringing in women and orphans...he said so...sir, may I have some more, please
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan