Author Topic: I live in Jersey and Trump is right: Muslims DID celebrate on 9/11 in NJ . . . we saw it!  (Read 902 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://canadafreepress.com/article/77009

Another "fact checker" facepalm.
If Trump lied about 9/11 celebrations in NJ, why did WaPo report in 2001 that it happened?

By Dan Calabrese --  November 23, 2015

Hat tips here to Allahpundit and John Hindraker.

You’ve probably heard today some variation the idea that “fact checkers are shredding Donald Trump’s story” about having seen people in New Jersey celebrating 9/11. This is one of these stories that liberals claim has been “debunked” because a conservative says it happened and they can’t independently confirm it.

It must be a lie!

Or, maybe, possibly, these liberal “fact checkers” are just not very good at their jobs. Powerline Blog’s Hindraker noted that after the dinosaur media announced their inability to confirm Trump’s tale, he thought he’d give it a go:

So NPR, the New York Times and the Associated Press searched contemporaneous news accounts and could find no evidence of Muslim-Americans cheering in Jersey City. That’s odd. Because it took me less than two minutes to find this story from the Washington Post dated September 18, 2001 . . .

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

As is Trump's wont, he exaggerated his story by saying "thousands and thousands" of Muslims were cheering in Paterson.  That, of course, was never true.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

Channel 2 news in New York had an editor working after 9/11 that remembers the footage (the same footage I remember seeing) of happy Muslims in the streets of NJ, where columns of smoke could be seen in lower Manhattan across the river.

Offline mountaineer

Yes, it happened - sort of.

Some muslims in American celebrated the 9/11 attacks. I believe Trump said he saw thousands and thousands doing it, though, and I do not believe there were such large-scale demonstrations in the U.S.  He did see some news coverage, no doubt, but he's exaggerated the numbers that he saw.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

I live in Jersey and Trump is right: Muslims DID celebrate on 9/11 in NJ . . . we saw it!
November 23, 2015 | Carmine Sabia | 

It did happen, and I saw it.

Donald Trump is telling the truth about Muslims celebrating in New Jersey on September 11, 2001.

I drove with family members though Patterson, N.J. that morning, after the planes hit. It’s not the kind of thing you forget.

We witnessed people in traditional Muslim garb dancing, jumping, shouting and celebrating like their team had won the Super Bowl, just as Trump said.

“I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down,” Trump said Saturday. “And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”

Trump has refused to back off of those comments. He told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos Sunday, “it did happen. I saw it.”

Media outlets and politicians have been quick to call the Republican presidential front-runner a liar but the fact is it happened just like he said.

I didn’t see thousands of Muslims celebrating but I absolutely saw a pocket, perhaps 100, jumping for joy at the sight of the smoke rising from where the Twin Towers used to be.

The funny part of the media-made controversy is that until Trump recalled his experience on that day, these events were a commonly accepted fact by Jerseyans.

Others in N.J. have spoken about witnessing these events.

Suddenly we are all being called liars in order for Trump-haters to cast aspersions on him.

Well, I defy anyone in the media to call me a liar to my face.

Was the Washington Post lying in an article on September 18, 2001 when it wrote the following?

In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners’ plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

I know what I saw, Donald Trump knows what he saw and scores of N.J. residents know what they saw.

What none of us need is some talking head who doesn’t live here or didn’t see what we did to tell us what happened.

I encourage anyone who witnessed the celebrations in N.J., N.Y., or any other city that day to share their stories on Twitter with the hashtag #TrumpIsright.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/11/23/live-jersey-trump-right-muslims-celebrate-911-nj-saw-277082#ixzz3sPt72Gyo

HAPPY2BME

What this nation needs is 200,000 Syrian 'refugees' and a few hundred thousand more Iraqi ones.

Throw in a few more illegal aliens from Mexico for good measure.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 03:13:37 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline aligncare

A jersey city police captain confirmed that there are incident reports on file at the jersey city PD that show officers responded to calls of Muslims celebrating in the streets in tail-gate party style.

These incidents were reported by a September 18 Washington Post story of the event; and also were reported in the Atlanta Journal and the New York Times. Similar celebrations were reported in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island. These stories were seen alongside other news stories of thousands of Palestinians in the West Bank cheering in the streets.

If you conflated these stories, you wouldn't be lying, just misremembering––it was 14 years ago.

Trump's numbers go up with every media attack. The latest ABC/New York Times poll shows any Republican candidate, including Trump, beating Hillary Clinton.

In other "Trump Said" news, Trump says "Black babies taste much better than Syrian refugee babies."

Oh, my!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 05:26:09 pm by aligncare »

HAPPY2BME

The latest ABC/New York Times poll shows any Republican candidate, including Trump, beating Hillary Clinton.

=======================================

Talk about 'remembering?'

This is exactly the same scenario the Republicans were in in 2012 with Romney -vs- Hussein.

Nobody can rip VICTORY out of the jaws of DEFEAT like a RINO can.