Author Topic: Trump on ABC "This Week": Will not rule out Muslim database or a 3rd party run  (Read 11214 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You'd think, if databases were such a touchy damn thing I wouldn't get so many telephone calls for timeshares, cruises and Disney vacations...those people seem to know everything about me down to my underwear size.

Me too.
I have received those phone calls where they knew way too much about me. They knew things about me that even I had a hard time to remember what they were talking about.

It is scary.

But, if I were an illegal, according to what the government says, not only would they know nothing about me, the government wouldn't even be able to locate me. That's what they claim anyway.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

You are so out of touch with the mood of the American electorate..this is why Trump is so ahead....even Congress defied Obama and voted to stop this Syrian invasion for now..they feel the mood also.

Halting the refugee program is not the same as tracking people--even citizens--on the basis of religious preference.

If the American public favors that, the the American public is wrong.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Halting the refugee program is not the same as tracking people--even citizens--on the basis of religious preference.

If the American public favors that, the the American public is wrong.

Okay...let's try this from a different perspective.

What if Congress passes a law whereby, in order to be allowed into the USA,  any NON-CITIZEN originating from a lawfully listed country agrees to be monitored 24/7.

If that involves nanotechnology....so be it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

You'd think, if databases were such a touchy damn thing I wouldn't get so many telephone calls for timeshares, cruises and Disney vacations...those people seem to know everything about me down to my underwear size.

Surely you know the difference between a private database with information that you voluntarily gave versus a government database that you are MANDATED to sign up for.

Offline sinkspur

Okay...let's try this from a different perspective.

What if Congress passes a law whereby, in order to be allowed into the USA,  any NON-CITIZEN originating from a lawfully listed country agrees to be monitored 24/7.

If that involves nanotechnology....so be it.

They won't. 

Offline aligncare

With untold numbers of U.S. online and prison converts to Islam, followers of black supremacists like Louis Farrakhan, founder Nation Of Islam and it's offshoots, foreign-born U.S. imams preaching Islamic supremacism in mosques, and ISIS now offering medical and dental plans to its recruits, I'd say it was time America woke up! Wasn't 9-11 emphatic enough for you? Isn't it clear to you yet?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:45:27 pm by aligncare »

Online DCPatriot

Surely you know the difference between a private database with information that you voluntarily gave versus a government database that you are MANDATED to sign up for.

You're right.

I believe the point is that by filling in a form for a grocery store discount card or pharmacy card you can create inbox nightmares for yourself.

Fact is there is no such thing as privacy.  Literally and figuratively.

Your phone number alone can give away your location within three feet.  Your automobile can be 'locked on' by satellite...hell, they can hijack your GPS system.

Kids being born today are going to think any criminals who got caught the before the internet, were a sub-species of humans....aka morons.

No phones....no electricity...you mean all you have to do was walk into a bank, tie somebody up and ride out of town on a horse?   :laugh:

All non-citizens need to be in a database.  ALL. OF. THEM.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

With untold numbers of U.S. online and prison converts to Islam, followers of black supremacists like Louis Farrakhan, founder Nation Of Islam and it's offshoots, foreign-born U.S. imams preaching Islamic supremacism in mosques, and ISIS now offering medical and dental plans to its recruits, I'd say it was time America woke up! Wasn't 9-11 emphatic enough for you? Isn't it clear to you yet?

You favor religious tests.  I get that.

The Constitution forbids singling out Americans and immigrants because of their religion. Sorry.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

I've never given these databases any information...never been on a cruise, owned a timeshare, nor have I been to Disney in more than ten years - and never "opted-in" for any info. So short of someone selling info that I didn't agree to....

Now, even though you bit on a semi-sarcastic joke (and yeah Mr. Arrogance I know the damn difference, we aren't your children here) you stake out the ground that people of every way of thought whatsoever -including Jihad adherents - should be allowed here in any all numbers whatsoever and no one should have any records of them or monitoring of them whatsoever. Come on over it is party time in America. You absolutely believe in playing roulette with the lives of your fellow citizens in order to maintain your pure pristine idea of absolute civil liberties. You and I are in the government's data bases - we pay taxes, we contribute to social security, we own property and have driver's licenses. These people, you think it is OK to disappear into the underground here and there is nothing we can do about it because of your concern for their civil liberties?  You are alone on that island and the rest of country doesn't care to commit suicide with you.

Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline sinkspur

All non-citizens need to be in a database.  ALL. OF. THEM.

All legal immigrants and refugees from persecution are in a database already.  But they're not there because of religion. 

Offline sinkspur

I've never given these databases any information...never been on a cruise, owned a timeshare, nor have I been to Disney in more than ten years - and never "opted-in" for any info. So short of someone selling info that I didn't agree to....

Now, even though you bit on a semi-sarcastic joke (and yeah Mr. Arrogance I know the damn difference, we aren't your children here) you stake out the ground that people of every way of thought whatsoever -including Jihad adherents - should be allowed here in any all numbers whatsoever and no one should have any records of them or monitoring of them whatsoever. Come on over it is party time in America. You absolutely believe in playing roulette with the lives of your fellow citizens in order to maintain your pure pristine idea of absolute civil liberties. You and I are in the government's data bases - we pay taxes, we contribute to social security, we own property and have driver's licenses. These people, you think it is OK to disappear into the underground here and there is nothing we can do about it because of your concern for their civil liberties?  You are alone on that island and the rest of country doesn't care to commit suicide with you.

I stopped right there.  Nice straw man you've created there.

Immigrants and refugees are already in databases.  Trump wants to single out the Muslims for unique treatment.  What's to keep a gun-hating president to mandate a database of gun owners?

I wouldn't sign up for that database, and no terrorist wannabe is going to sign up for a Muslim-only database.

Offline sinkspur

Interesting that the Trump supporters haven't addressed Trump's ridiculous assertion that Arabs in Paterson, New Jersey were cheering as the twin towers came down.  There is nothing to support that and the Paterson police denied it at the time. 

Apparently Trump can't distinguish between New Jersey and the West Bank, where there was cheering.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 07:16:58 pm by sinkspur »

Online DCPatriot

Immigrants and refugees are already in databases.  Trump wants to single out the Muslims for unique treatment.  What's to keep a gun-hating president to mandate a database of gun owners?

I wouldn't sign up for that database, and no terrorist wannabe is going to sign up for a Muslim-only database.

Which is the point, isn't it?

Any Muslim apprehended should be deemed as an enemy of the state and dealt with accordingly.

Trump would deal with them.

Obama Justice Department?   Not so much.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
NOT a Religious test; rather a Political test

Beginning in 1938 we had a "House Committee on Un-American Activities," which sought out information on dissidents, of a political belief nature. It operated 1938 to 1975.

Earlier from 1919 sought information on Communists. There were other committees, as well.

I see Islam as a political system, more similar to Communism, and quite unlike most religious systems of the present day.

As such, intelligence on people advocating overthrow of our way of life, politically under the disguise of religion, ought to be fair game.

Hence I support classification of Islamic terrorists as political, not religious enemies of my country. Repeat:

Islamic terrorists are POLITICAL enemies of my country. Classify, list them, find them, expel, jail, kill them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_Un-American_Activities_Committee

We learned about Alger Hiss, by government interest in those that would do us harm.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

Which is the point, isn't it?

Any Muslim apprehended should be deemed as an enemy of the state and dealt with accordingly.

Trump would deal with them.

Obama Justice Department?   Not so much.

If the Muslim has committed a crime or has created suspicion of terrorist tendencies, then I agree with you.

I'm not sure what you mean by "apprehended."  That implies he's done something to cause that apprehension beyond just being Muslim and minding his own business.

Offline sinkspur

NOT a Religious test; rather a Political test

Beginning in 1938 we had a "House Committee on Un-American Activities," which sought out information on dissidents, of a political belief nature. It operated 1938 to 1975.

Earlier from 1919 sought information on Communists. There were other committees, as well.

I see Islam as a political system, more similar to Communism, and quite unlike most religious systems of the present day.

As such, intelligence on people advocating overthrow of our way of life, politically under the disguise of religion, ought to be fair game.

Hence I support classification of Islamic terrorists as political, not religious enemies of my country. Repeat:

Islamic terrorists are POLITICAL enemies of my country. Classify, list them, find them, expel, jail, kill them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_Un-American_Activities_Committee

We learned about Alger Hiss, by government interest in those that would do us harm.

Agreed.  What you are describing is NOT a database of Muslims who are in that database simply for being Muslim.  They are in it because they're suspected of being terrorists.

Online DCPatriot

If the Muslim has committed a crime or has created suspicion of terrorist tendencies, then I agree with you.

I'm not sure what you mean by "apprehended."  That implies he's done something to cause that apprehension beyond just being Muslim and minding his own business.

At first I used the words 'confronted by law enforcement', but I wanted to avoid going off on the merits or legality of profiling.   We know how literal some people can be.

....and here you are.  LOL!   

Anybody going about their day... should they ever find themselves being asked for identification etc., if they cannot produce the proper ID card.....is GUILTY.

Being and looking Muslim shouldn't have anything to do with it.    (((wink)))

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

So you have no problem with an immigrant or refugee database - which would include country of Origen - which would also in somewhere between 97-99 percent of cases tell you exactly what their religion is. This tirade against Trump is over that 2 to 3 percent chance that refugees or immigrants from Islamic countries (and yeah, they often call themselves Islamic) are not Muslim.  The data base is OK as long as there isn't a check box for religion, even though in almost every case that check box is irrelevant to the information...if they come from Syria, there is at least a 97 percent chance they are in fact Muslim.

So you are having another ape-s**t tirade at Trump only over the religion category, which is for all practical purposes irrelevant and would almost certainly not be something that would ever make it into final policy because it is largely irrelevant. I can see you disagreeing the with point or position, but going stark raving mad over something so irrelevant in practical application tells me you just want to go stark raving mad over Trump, and it has exceedingly little to do with the issue itself.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 07:42:48 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline sinkspur

At first I used the words 'confronted by law enforcement', but I wanted to avoid going off on the merits or legality of profiling.   We know how literal some people can be.

....and here you are.  LOL!   

Anybody going about their day... should they ever find themselves being asked for identification etc., if they cannot produce the proper ID card.....is GUILTY.

Being and looking Muslim shouldn't have anything to do with it.    (((wink)))

We don't have ID cards for religious affiliation in this country.  And I'll be damned if I would ever sign up for one if we did.

Offline sinkspur

So you have no problem with an immigrant or refugee database - which would include country of Origen - which would also in somewhere between 97-99 percent of cases tell you exactly what their religion is. This tirade against Trump is over that 2 to 3 percent chance that refugees or immigrants from Islamic countries (and yeah, they often call themselves Islamic) are not Muslim.  The data base is OK as long as there isn't a check box for religion, even though in almost every case that check box is irrelevant to the information...if they come from Syria, there is at least a 97 percent chance they are in fact Muslim.

So you are having another ape-s**t tirade at Trump only over the religion category, which is for all practical purposes irrelevant and would almost certainly not be something that would ever make it into final policy because it is largely irrelevant. I can see you disagreeing the with point or position, but going stark raving mad over something so irrelevant in practical application tells me you just want to go stark raving mad over Trump, and it has exceedingly little to do with the issue itself.

Trump agreed that there should be a database for Muslims, and he doubled down on it this morning. 

Religious databases are reminiscent of Nazi Germany.  Apparently Trump doesn't even think of that when he opens his yap.

Trump's the one who's stark-raving mad.  He's also a lying conspiracist with his looniness over cheering Arabs in New Jersey on 9/11.

I am doing all I can to keep him from getting the nomination. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I am doing all I can to keep him from getting the nomination.

I may be wrong about this, and forgive me if I am,  but one can't help but get the impression that you will be voting for Hillary in this coming election.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:20:22 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Great posts Sinkspur.  I wish reality mattered to the followers of Trumpigula.

A new American Emperor awaits for the hopeful masses.  An Emperor who has been pampered all his life by wealth and never been refused in life.  He will make a glorious new world stamped with his name.

Look on his works, ye Mighty, and despair

Offline Paladin

Oh, splendid, yet another endless Trump thread full of brilliant insights like this: "You're a thoroughly brainwashed sycophant of Donald Trump." Just what this forum needs.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online DCPatriot

Oh, splendid, yet another endless Trump thread full of brilliant insights like this: "You're a thoroughly brainwashed sycophant of Donald Trump." Just what this forum needs.

Naaaa....we're all good.

It was just somebody rushing to Sink's corner after the bell to cheer him on.....and to hear him sceaming, "Cut Me!!!  Cut Me!!!"

Offline sinkspur

I may be wrong about this, and forgive me if I am,  but one can't help but get the impression that you will be voting for Hillary in this coming election.

No.  I will not vote for Hillary.