Author Topic: 'This is not my time': Jindal drops out of 2016 race  (Read 1670 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
'This is not my time': Jindal drops out of 2016 race
« on: November 18, 2015, 05:08:51 am »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jindal-dropping-out-of-2016-presidential-race/ar-BBn8eWI?ocid=ansmsnnews11

'This is not my time': Jindal drops out of 2016 race

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal said on Tuesday he was suspending his campaign for the Republican nomination for president in 2016, saying "this is not my time."

"We spent a lot of time developing detailed policy papers, and given this crazy, unpredictable election season, clearly there just wasn't a lot of interest," Jindal said on Fox News after announcing his exit from the race.

"I think the Republican Party has to lay out the pathway why we are the party for opportunity and growth," he said.

Jindal has consistently polled on the lower end of the pack of Republicans seeking the party's nomination for the November 2016 election. He received 0.8 percent of support in a recent Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Louisiana voters will go to the polls on Saturday to pick Jindal's successor as governor, a race that has been surprisingly close in a typically Republican state.

Jindal said he would work on a think tank he formed after he leaves office. He declined to endorse another Republican presidential candidate on Tuesday, saying he would support the party's eventual nominee.

(Reporting by Emily Stephenson in Washington; Editing by Eric Beech and Christian Plumb)

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: 'This is not my time': Jindal drops out of 2016 race
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 06:24:16 am »
I guess Jindal believes in polls !!

At the top, Trump often cites his poll standing.  He believes in polls too !!

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 05:03:20 pm »
I guess Jindal believes in polls !!

At the top, Trump often cites his poll standing.  He believes in polls too !!

What you don't seem to be able to wrap your mind around is the fact that not all polls are the same! For the most part the public never gets to see the honest ones! At least not until VERY late in the game!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 05:10:24 pm »
I like and admire Jindal.  I hope he has a comeback planned for another go at the Oval Office.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 05:34:48 pm »
I like and admire Jindal.  I hope he has a comeback planned for another go at the Oval Office.

Yes.  Maybe next time will be a serious primary where serious issues matter.

Jindal couldn't gain any traction in this cartoon show dominated by a showman who has suckered so many Republicans.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 09:04:08 pm »
Yes.  Maybe next time will be a serious primary where serious issues matter.

Jindal couldn't gain any traction in this cartoon show dominated by a showman who has suckered so many Republicans.

I agree.

Jindal is a good man, and was a serious candidate with good ideas, but his message was never heard.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 11:31:24 pm »
What you don't seem to be able to wrap your mind around is the fact that not all polls are the same!
No kidding, not all polls are the same, what a grand revelation.  You could have said that, without the personal dig.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 11:50:39 pm »
No kidding, not all polls are the same, what a grand revelation.  You could have said that, without the personal dig.

I've said it many times before and you simply come right back again with the same thing.  It's quite tiresome.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 12:21:39 am »
I've said it many times before and you simply come right back again with the same thing.  It's quite tiresome.
You sound like you are in possession of superior knowledge, and that you expect me to follow your orders, lest I make you "tiresome."

You have "told" me but you have shown nothing. You have not educated the group here, as to which polls are better, or how big a sample size is adequate, or other factual aspects of statistical sampling (polling).

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 12:42:02 am »
You sound like you are in possession of superior knowledge, and that you expect me to follow your orders, lest I make you "tiresome."

You have "told" me but you have shown nothing. You have not educated the group here, as to which polls are better, or how big a sample size is adequate, or other factual aspects of statistical sampling (polling).

No I haven't and furthermore I don't intend to!

You can take it or leave it as you choose!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:42:24 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 01:42:50 am »
No I haven't and furthermore I don't intend to!

You can take it or leave it as you choose!
I recommend you study Statistics 100, which is probably available online at no cost. Here is a list of several to select from.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=statistics+class+online+free&oq=statistics+class+online&gs_l=hp.1.1.0l4j0i22i30l6.1676.7635.0.15239.24.20.0.4.4.0.650.3477.0j18j1j5-1.20.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..1.23.2890.0.QYpGGs8SP1k

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 02:46:42 am »
I recommend you study Statistics 100, which is probably available online at no cost. Here is a list of several to select from.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=statistics+class+online+free&oq=statistics+class+online&gs_l=hp.1.1.0l4j0i22i30l6.1676.7635.0.15239.24.20.0.4.4.0.650.3477.0j18j1j5-1.20.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..1.23.2890.0.QYpGGs8SP1k

Thank you for your kind suggestion! I will take it under advisement!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 02:57:09 am »
Bobby Jindal is only 44, with plenty of time left.

We'll be hearing from him again.