Author Topic: TSA Confiscates Child’s Toy; Says It Resembles Weapon  (Read 540 times)

Offline Paladin

TSA Confiscates Child’s Toy; Says It Resembles Weapon
« on: November 18, 2015, 10:10:30 pm »
What can possibly be said, the stupidity is so strong in this one?

"PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – It’s not the king of “toy story” a Pennsylvania family had hoped for.

They say TSA officials sent their five-year-old son’s Buzz Lightyear toy to ‘infinity and beyond.’

The Zilka family was returning home from a trip to Disney World, where the boy’s uncle bought him a Buzz Lightyear “flip grip.”

However, security officials at Fort Lauderdale airport said it looked too much like a gun.

“Once he realized what was happening and they weren’t giving his toy back, he immediately starts bawling, just tears streaming down his face. It was all I could to not to break down with him in that moment,” the boy’s father said.

The agents said the toy could be checked, but the family only packed carry-on luggage."

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/11/18/tsa-confiscates-childs-toy-says-it-resembles-weapon/

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online mountaineer

Re: TSA Confiscates Child’s Toy; Says It Resembles Weapon
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 11:59:54 pm »
Wow, at least it wasn't a Pop Tart or banana! Those things can be lethal.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 02:36:08 am »
this is what you can expect when you give mental defects a badge

Offline Paladin

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 06:39:16 am »
"Can the TSA find hidden weapons? Rossen Reports goes undercover"

"In the wake of the Russian Metrojet crash and the Paris terror attacks, security while flying in the U.S. is of greater concern than ever. Yet in Atlanta, a man said he accidentally carried a loaded gun onto a commercial flight and the TSA never found it.

TODAY national investigative correspondent Jeff Rossen and the Rossen Reports team went undercover at several airports across the country to see how well the TSA performed. In three out of four cases, they were able to get banned items past TSA inspection.

At Los Angeles International Airport, Rossen put a Swiss Army knife in his bag and was stopped by inspectors, who confiscated the knife.

However, at Atlanta International Airport, a Rossen Reports producer was able to get through TSA inspection with a Swiss Army knife in her wallet. Also in Atlanta, another member of the Rossen team got through security with a sharp scissors whose blade was longer than 4 inches.

And at Newark Liberty International Airport, a Rossen producer got onto his flight with a box cutter — the same weapon used by hijackers in the 9/11 attacks.

Reviewing the results, aviation security expert Anthony Roman called them "a complete and utter failure of the system."

http://www.today.com/news/can-tsa-find-hidden-weapons-rossen-reports-goes-undercover-t56626

Well, yeah, but if this had involved a plastic toy ray gun the TSA would have been right on top of it.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.