Author Topic: Josh Earnest clashes with Fox's Elisabeth Hasselbeck over Paris response  (Read 375 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/josh-earnest-elisabeth-hasselbeck-paris-216010?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Josh Earnest clashes with Fox's Elisabeth Hasselbeck over Paris response

By Nick Gass

11/18/15 07:38 AM EST

White House press secretary Josh Earnest tangled with "Fox and Friends" co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck on Wednesday morning over what she characterized as an "aloof, apathetic ... and quite cavalier" response on the part of President Barack Obama to last week's terrorist attacks in France.

Talking to the last of the three major cable news networks from Manila, Earnest was asked to account for Secretary of State John Kerry's language yesterday in which he said he saw a "rationale" for the Charlie Hebdo attacks earlier this year in Paris but not last Friday's massacres. She also press him on Obama's characterization of the latest attacks as a "setback" in the larger fight against violent extremism.

"Would you go back and ask for that language to be changed at this point, to reflect some sort of solidarity and intentional aggression against ISIS? I mean, to call this understandable as it relates to Charlie Hebdo and call this a 'setback' seems awful, at least to the American people," Hasselbeck challenged him.

Earnest's message: Focus on the president's deeds, not specific words.

He fired back, telling Hasselbeck that the American people should look at a transcript of Obama's remarks in which "he described it as 'sickening', where he expresses sorrow."

"I would encourage you to spend just as much time focusing on the president's actions as you do his words," he said.

"Josh, I will stop you there," Hasselbeck interjected, over Earnest's objections.

"Let me finish my answer," the press secretary responded. "If you have me on your show to talk about a serious issue, give me an opportunity to answer the question."

"I would love for you to answer it," Hasselbeck shot back.

"Elisabeth, if you want to have me on the show to talk about something serious as national security, ask me a question and I’ll answer it," Earnest reiterated.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Josh Earnest clashes with Fox's Elisabeth Hasselbeck over Paris response
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 02:09:19 pm »
This is pretty funny. I don't know how else to get it here.

https://www.facebook.com/arturo.barroso.92/videos/161735357512030/