Author Topic: Trump names Cruz when asked about VP spot  (Read 11500 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump names Cruz when asked about VP spot
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2015, 06:06:42 pm »
Parrot the media caricature of him and you'll miss the point/message of the Trump campaign.

Post-Paris, his common sense message is even more salient: control the southern border and those illegal aliens already here, and no Syrian refugees. On these issues he is strongest and set the agenda from the very beginning.

And Trump has a record of completing whatever he sets out to accomplish. He says in ten months he'll put a world-class 100-story skyscraper in Dubai or Manhattan and in 10 months bang! it's there. He says he'll build a wall on the Mexican border, and I have no doubt he'll push hard to get it done.

Aligncare, yes, my comment was a bit harsh. 

I don't pay attention to what the MSM says about Trump any more than I do what they say about Cruz (or, Carson, for that matter).

I don't trust Trump.  Simple as that.  His ego overloads his mouth more often than not, and his utterances give a clear picture of an unpleasant man.  Even though Carson's not my guy, I found what Trump most recently said about him to be beyond the pale.

Given that, the suggestion that Cruz become Trump's VP is particularly disturbing.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2015, 06:12:13 pm »
Aligncare, yes, my comment was a bit harsh. 

I don't pay attention to what the MSM says about Trump any more than I do what they say about Cruz (or, Carson, for that matter).

I don't trust Trump.  Simple as that.  His ego overloads his mouth more often than not, and his utterances give a clear picture of an unpleasant man.  Even though Carson's not my guy, I found what Trump most recently said about him to be beyond the pale.

Given that, the suggestion that Cruz become Trump's VP is particularly disturbing.

Even if Cruz on the ticket  Trump will still lose.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2015, 06:15:17 pm »
There are no "blue dogs."  All the conservatives have left the Democrat Party.  Trump may pick up a few Democrat stragglers, but he won't get many. 

If he's the nominee, he will win without my vote. I've had it with narcissists in the Oval Office.  Plus, I think it's entirely plausible that Trump is a stalking horse for Hillary.

WRONG!!!

There are still plenty of blue dog D's in the Midwest and south, especially in the manufacturing regions. And if Trump makes a good case they will vote for him.

And sorry, Jeb's not going to win, and Romney's not going to ride in and save the day, not matter how much Karl Turdblossom Rove wants to believe it.

And oh yeah, my tagline:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:16:45 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2015, 07:32:03 pm »
WRONG!!!

Shouting?

Oh, your tag line?  Straightened me right out, it did.

Look, myst is trying to keep from walking away from the forum. Make no mistake, if you are anywhere right of center on the political spectrum you will not survive without the person on your left and the person on your right. That's just reality.  If we can just keep things as a conversation among allies, we might just be successful in November, we might survive real threats, and myst might keep the lights on.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2015, 07:35:27 pm »
WRONG!!!

There are still plenty of blue dog D's in the Midwest and south, especially in the manufacturing regions. And if Trump makes a good case they will vote for him.

And sorry, Jeb's not going to win, and Romney's not going to ride in and save the day, not matter how much Karl Turdblossom Rove wants to believe it.

And oh yeah, my tagline:

Since I'm not GOPe, your childish tagline doesn't apply to me.

Trump will never beat Hillary; he's the only candidate who has a higher unfavorable rating than she does.   And I'm willing to put some coin on my prediction.

You?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2015, 07:52:59 pm »

Trump will never beat Hillary; he's the only candidate who has a higher unfavorable rating than she does.   And I'm willing to put some coin on my prediction.

You?

I'll bet you $150.00, with the money being paid to TBR so Nancy can buy a bottle of Tasker Scotch...to lower her blood pressure.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2015, 08:09:49 pm »
Shouting?

Oh, your tag line?  Straightened me right out, it did.

Look, myst is trying to keep from walking away from the forum. Make no mistake, if you are anywhere right of center on the political spectrum you will not survive without the person on your left and the person on your right. That's just reality.  If we can just keep things as a conversation among allies, we might just be successful in November, we might survive real threats, and myst might keep the lights on.

Yep. Sometimes a hard loud verbal slap is what is needed to confront hypocrisy and delusion, absent a swift boot in the arse.

If this were Romney, the talking point would be - 'we need to all band together to support the nominee to win, so get in line'

Well if Trump is that nominee (and he's not even my guy), then sit down, shut up, get in line, vote as you're told. That's what the GOPe says, and bashes anyone who wants to take a pass and stay home. Except when it's not their guy in the captain's chair.  If one doesn't want to be lumped with them, don't act like them, and abandon the cause because it's not your guy this time.

All streets are two ways in my world, the rules that apply to me apply to everyone else when the shoe is on the other foot.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2015, 08:11:38 pm »

You?

Yet you're acting like them. If this were Romney, or McCain, or Dole, you'd be telling everyone to get in line. But like the GOPe, when it's not your guy, you want to take your ball and go home, even though you castigate conservatives for doing the same when it's not their guy.

So get in line already.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2015, 08:19:04 pm »
I'll bet you $150.00, with the money being paid to TBR so Nancy can buy a bottle of Tasker Scotch...to lower her blood pressure.

LOL..I prefer a good cuvee champagne
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2015, 08:21:06 pm »

Trump will never beat Hillary; he's the only candidate who has a higher unfavorable rating than she does. 

I don't know where you're getting your information.  Because everything I'm reading shows Trump with a wide spectrum of support across income, location, gender and race.

Have you a link for your post?  If so, I'd really appreciate reading it.

Thanks!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2015, 11:37:20 pm »
I don't know where you're getting your information.  Because everything I'm reading shows Trump with a wide spectrum of support across income, location, gender and race.

Have you a link for your post?  If so, I'd really appreciate reading it.

Thanks!

Oh please, Trump has a lot of skeletons in his closet ranging from his scam Trump U, to the investors he screwed, and of course the property that he stole from people. Plus his tweets will be used against him... Also aside from his pro abortion sister, what kind of judges will he put on the Supreme Court??

« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2015, 11:42:59 pm »

Oh please, Trump has a lot of skeletons in his closet ranging from his scam Trump U, to the investors he screwed, and of course the property that he stole from people. Plus his tweets will be used against him... Also aside from his pro abortion sister, what kind of judges will he put on the Supreme Court?? 

Why not answer my question and present a link supporting the opinion that Trump will lost the general election?

Wishful thinking from those with TDS does NOT qualify as an actual poll. 

Thanks.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2015, 11:46:42 pm »
what kind of judges will he put on the Supreme Court??

That is a good question...Has Trump addressed this yet...there is a high probability he will have to replace a Justice or two during his term in office.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2015, 11:55:09 pm »
Why not answer my question and present a link supporting the opinion that Trump will lost the general election?

Thanks.

Trump's unfavorables are higher than Hillary's.  Go to RealClearPolitics and look it up.  He has 18% support among Hispanics and many Republicans will simply not vote for him.  He leads Hillary in no polls that I have seen.

Trump might win the primary but I think his past, his statements, his tweets, all of that will form an image of a crazy man who can't be allowed near the Oval Office.

Besides, one doesn't have to have "links" supporting an OPINION.  My opinion of Trump is that he's a clownish buffoon with no firm principles except advancing his own narcissistic personality.  You can like that r not, but that's my opinion.

« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2015, 11:55:49 pm »
That is a good question...Has Trump addressed this yet...there is a high probability he will have to replace a Justice or two during his term in office.

I cast my vote for Ted Cruz--this is where we need him, for life!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2015, 12:00:20 am »
I cast my vote for Ted Cruz--this is where we need him, for life!

Cruz could not stand being out of the limelight for the rest of his professional life. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2015, 12:16:30 am »
Trump might win the primary but I think his past, his statements, his tweets, all of that will form an image of a crazy man who can't be allowed near the Oval Office.

This holds true for Hillary too... she has a lot to answer for...more so than Trump
Support the USO

Offline aligncare

« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2015, 12:21:38 am »
This holds true for Hillary too... she has a lot to answer for...more so than Trump

Not to folks with TDS. Do these GOP folks hate Hillary as much as they do Trump? Not sure that's the case. The answer to that question remains to be seen...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2015, 12:38:40 am »
Yet you're acting like them. If this were Romney, or McCain, or Dole, you'd be telling everyone to get in line. But like the GOPe, when it's not your guy, you want to take your ball and go home, even though you castigate conservatives for doing the same when it's not their guy.

So get in line already.

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2015, 01:15:11 am »

So get in line already.

No.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2015, 01:18:22 am »
Cruz could not stand being out of the limelight for the rest of his professional life.

Sink, I don't know why you say that.  He spent most of his life "out of the limelight".

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2015, 01:24:56 am »
Sink, I don't know why you say that.  He spent most of his life "out of the limelight".

He was on a much smaller stage here in Texas and with the Bush administration.  But he was still on the stage.

And now that he's gotten a taste of life in the fast lane, he will not want to give it up.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2015, 01:27:58 am »
He was on a much smaller stage here in Texas and with the Bush administration.  But he was still on the stage.

And now that he's gotten a taste of life in the fast lane, he will not want to give it up.

I guess one would have to be somewhat comfortable with the lime light to run for and/or become the Pres.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2015, 01:31:27 am »

Thanks.

Sorry just asking questions about a reality show candidate (which whom I will not vote for if he is the nominee) is not someone with TDS..  Stop being a lemming.. Think..

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2015, 01:31:28 am »
Ooh, mind reading, what fun! What am I thinking right now?

:whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org