Author Topic: Ben Carson Says Trying to Save Terri Schiavo’s Life Was “Much Ado About Nothing”  (Read 605 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Ben Carson Says Trying to Save Terri Schiavo’s Life Was “Much Ado About Nothing”
Steven Ertelt

Ben Carson may be a pro-life Republican presidential candidate when it comes to the issue of abortions, but new comments the doctor made over the weekend about the Terri Schiavo case are causing concerns for pro-life voters.

Carson thinks the federal and state governments overreached when they attempted to protect Terri Schiavo from a painful 14-day starvation and dehydration death. Despite the best efforts of pro-life lawmakers in Congress and the Florida state legislature, where lawmakers approved pro-life laws to allow Terri’s family to take their case to federal courts and to allow then-Governor Jeb Bush to try to protect her, Terri’s estranged husband won a court order to euthanize her against her will.

The Washington Post reports that a local reporter caught up with Carson about the infamous case when he was in town in Florida for a speaking engagement. From the report:

“We face those kinds of issues all the time and while I don’t believe in euthanasia, you have to recognize that people that are in that condition do have a series of medical problems that occur that will take them out,” he said. “Your job [as a doctor] is to keep them comfortable throughout that process and not to treat everything that comes up.”

When the reporter asked whether Carson thought it was necessary for Congress to intervene, he said: “I don’t think it needed to get to that level. I think it was much ado about nothing.”

Carson’s comments are very upsetting to TerrI Schiavo’s brother, Bobby Schindler, who is now a pro-life advocate working directly with disabled patients and their families to protect them from having their right to life revoked as happened to Terri.

more at:

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/11/16/ben-carson-says-trying-to-save-terri-schiavos-life-was-much-ado-about-nothing/

____________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

God this guy is such a political idiot.

What's next? He's going to answer questions about whether David Koresh should have been burned out of his compound in Waco 22 years ago? 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

God this guy is such a political idiot.

What's next? He's going to answer questions about whether David Koresh should have been burned out of his compound in Waco 22 years ago?

Still digesting this.  It's profoundly honest...and stated matter-of-factly.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

Does Carson not have any advisers who have told him that his base of support is EVANGELICALS and they are not going to like his position on something that happened ten years ago?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Still digesting this.  It's profoundly honest...and stated matter-of-factly.

It's stated clinical..the way every doctor I know speaks...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

It's stated clinical..the way every doctor I know speaks...

It's true...but it's also my my primary doctor and cardiologist treat me.

Have sudden abdominal pains that will last a day or two...my doctor looks at me like a department store mannequin.  My insides could be dissolving, and his job is to make me comfortable.

Anyway, I remind myself he was considering Terri's vegetative state and there would eventually be organ failures, etc..

Offline Lando Lincoln

Here is my prayer... we allow Ms. Schaivo's soul to remain at rest.

As for Dr. Carson's comment from a political perspective?  Clinically stupid.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here is my prayer... we allow Ms. Schaivo's soul to remain at rest.

As for Dr. Carson's comment from a political perspective?  Clinically stupid.

yep
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Carson’s comments are very upsetting to TerrI Schiavo’s brother, Bobby Schindler, who is now a pro-life advocate working directly with disabled patients and their families to protect them from having their right to life revoked as happened to Terri.
This was the same Bobby Schindler who made up blatant and obvious lies about Schiavo's condition, along with baseless accusations against her husband, in an effort to wrest control of her body.

I agree with Carson. The Florida state government went too far. They are not supposed to pass laws targeting individual people, yet Jeb did it anyway.

Imagine, if you will, the Obama administration deciding they wanted the authority to micromanage whether you, personally, lived or died. That's the kind of power Jeb and the Florida legislature determined they had over Mrs. Schiavo.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024