Author Topic: Putin tells navy in Mediterranean to work with French 'as allies'  (Read 1032 times)

rangerrebew

Putin tells navy in Mediterranean to work with French 'as allies'
By AFP     4 hours ago in World

President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday ordered the Russian navy in the Mediterranean to establish contact with its French counterparts and work together "as allies" in a campaign against the Islamic State group in Syria

Putin instructed his military to work out a joint Russian-French action plan against IS militants as he pushes the idea of establishing a broad anti-IS coalition that would involve both Russia and the West.

"It's necessary to establish direct contact with the French and work with them as allies," Putin told the military top brass at a meeting after French President Francois Hollande said the French aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle would be deployed to the eastern Mediterranean.

"It's necessary to work out with them a plan of joint actions both at sea and in the air," Putin said, adding that both the chief of the general staff and the defence ministry had received orders to that effect.

The Kremlin said separately that Putin and Hollande had agreed in phone talks to ramp up cooperation and tackle "international terrorism" together.

"It has been agreed to ensure closer contact and coordination between the military and security service agencies of the two countries during operations against terrorist groups by Russia and France in Syria," the Kremlin said in a statement following the phone call between Putin and Hollande.

The two will further discuss the fight against terrorism in a meeting in Moscow on November 26, the Kremlin said.

Putin has been seeking to capitalise on shifting dynamics in the West following Friday's terror attacks in Paris and the bombing of a Russian passenger plane over Sinai in October, arguing that Russia and the West should unite against a common enemy.

Earlier Tuesday Russia announced that the Airbus A321 carrying 224 people, most of them Russian tourists, was knocked out of sky by a bomb and pledged vengeance.

On Tuesday, Russian strategic bombers hit Islamic State group targets in Syria's Raqa and Deir Ezzor provinces, defence minister Sergei Shoigu said.

He added that cruise missile strikes had also hit Aleppo and Idlib provinces.

The strikes are the first time that Russia has deployed its strategic long-range bombers during its air campaign in Syria and came as Shoigu said Moscow had doubled the number of combat sorties it flew over the country.

In total, Shoigu said that Russian forces hit 206 "terrorist" targets in Syria in the latest wave of strikes.

Apart from a spate of missiles fired from its Caspian Sea fleet in October, up until now Moscow has mainly relied on smaller fighter jets to hit targets in Syria but has now deployed the more powerful long-range bombers from Russian territory.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/world/putin-orders-navy-in-mediterranean-to-work-with-french-as-allies/article/449613#ixzz3rmJcdVJ7

Offline Relic

Re: Putin tells navy in Mediterranean to work with French 'as allies'
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 07:25:15 pm »
It's working! Western Allies will gravitate to a strong leader with a clear vision... Russia.

America will be left, navel gazing, trying to figure out how to find more money to spend.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 07:25:37 pm »
Russia is going to war.

Russia Update: Kremlin Finally Admits Metrojet Flight Was Downed By Bomb
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,186042.0.html

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 07:47:31 pm »
It's working! Western Allies will gravitate to a strong leader with a clear vision... Russia.

America will be left, navel gazing, trying to figure out how to find more money to spend.

Obama and the Democrats have made America the most useless, detestable nation on earth.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 07:51:03 pm »
Obama and the Democrats have made America the most useless, detestable nation on earth.

A giant with no soul, and no heart.

Sadly, I've come to detest this nation too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 07:51:28 pm »
In a non-partisan way, the abdication by the US of leadership, is what some on the left AND right, have long advocated.

IOW "Why does the US always have to be the world's policeman?" "This is regional, so let them handle it." So Russia and France will handle it.

Without admitting it, I suspect Obama and Paul go along with this.

Now in the middle of a heated primary, hardly any GOP hopefuls will admit holding that position.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 07:51:30 pm »

Which is EXACTLY what they set out to do!  They have been FAR more successful than even they dared imagine in 2008!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 07:54:39 pm »

Did anyone ever think in their lifetime America would become irrelevant on the world stage? Well kids, here we are.
The Republic is lost.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 08:08:42 pm »
Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but then again maybe I'm not, but we now have two prophesied players on stage- Gog and Magog
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 08:40:44 pm »
Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but then again maybe I'm not, but we now have two prophesied players on stage- Gog and Magog

======================================

The 'Kings of The East" are not far away either.

Is it possible the United States could be destroyed as was Sodom and Gomorrah?  Has God changed that much?  Is He now 'politically correct' enough to 'spare' a Godless nation of the same?

Offline Relic

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 08:49:18 pm »
======================================

The 'Kings of The East" are not far away either.

Is it possible the United States could be destroyed as was Sodom and Gomorrah?  Has God changed that much?  Is He now 'politically correct' enough to 'spare' a Godless nation of the same?

I'm not well versed on end times prophesy, but I can tell you I have a near constant feeling of dread lately. Most likely it's that I realize our elected officials are duplicitous, corrupt, and don't care one bit about America or Americans. That, along with a populace that is stupid beyond anything I ever feared, and I see America is ripe for a fall.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 02:36:00 am »
Relic wrote above:
"A giant with no soul, and no heart."

"A pitiful, helpless giant."

Who said that?

Offline Relic

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 02:02:21 pm »
Relic wrote above:
"A giant with no soul, and no heart."

"A pitiful, helpless giant."

Who said that?

I was unaware when I wrote that.
Amazing, they are winning.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 02:52:18 pm »
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:52:49 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 05:08:41 pm »

Calm down....just a bit.   The truth is: until we repair and rebuild our military, air support is all we should offer. 

Our main goal right now should be to work to get rid of the garbage throughout our political food chain and replace it with fearless Americans.  Prayers up that this will happen in twelve months.  And when this mission is accomplished, the US will swing back in full conviction, strength and power--and the world will release a collective sigh of relief.

Maybe we need one of the countdown calendars to keep us focused--like they have for Christmas day.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 05:57:25 pm »
The problem for the Right is that this pre-emptive supplication and surrender began not with Obama but with George W. Bush, whose response to September 11 — as the intervening years have made ever clearer — was almost completely wrong. About the only thing Bush got right was the decision to take down the Taliban — already on their way back, by the way.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/355119/pitiful-helpless-giant-michael-walsh
============================================

Never forget.  Barack Obama could not have been made possible without George W. Bush.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 06:02:40 pm »
Calm down....just a bit.   The truth is: until we repair and rebuild our military, air support is all we should offer. 

Our main goal right now should be to work to get rid of the garbage throughout our political food chain and replace it with fearless Americans.  Prayers up that this will happen in twelve months.  And when this mission is accomplished, the US will swing back in full conviction, strength and power--and the world will release a collective sigh of relief.

Maybe we need one of the countdown calendars to keep us focused--like they have for Christmas day.

==================================================

Those are righteous and noble goals.  The problem is there is NO GOING BACK now for the United States.  It has lost the high ground on practically every perspective: morally, socially, economically, and militarily.  This country has lost the high ground on all counts.  Taking back this high ground is now impossible, regardless of who says what in any political campaign from either party. Both are the two wings of the same bird.  This country is already destroyed.  We just don't have the manifestations of burnt out cities and millions of corpses lying around yet to show it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 06:03:47 pm »

I'm not sure that I agree with you fully but it is a reasonable position!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 08:06:50 pm »
==================================================

The problem is there is NO GOING BACK now for the United States. 

Oh, PALEASE--the hyperbole!  The nonsense!

The whole world knows Obama's an anomaly.   All the next (Republican) President has to say 30 seconds after taking the oath of office is:  'We're back--and we're not effing around any more!" and the geopolitical scales will shift back.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 10:23:59 pm »
Oh, PALEASE--the hyperbole!  The nonsense!

The whole world knows Obama's an anomaly.   All the next (Republican) President has to say 30 seconds after taking the oath of office is:  'We're back--and we're not effing around any more!" and the geopolitical scales will shift back.

===============================================

You're assuming two great assumptions here:

#1 Barack Obama is going to leave office.

#2 A Republican will take his place.

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 11:33:51 pm »
===============================================

You're assuming two great assumptions here:

#1 Barack Obama is going to leave office.

#2 A Republican will take his place.

Yes, yes I am.  #1 is not up to him.  #2 is up to us.