Author Topic: Krugman: Terrorists Won't Destroy Civilization, But Global Warming Could  (Read 532 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=702373

Newsmax
Krugman: Terrorists Won't Destroy Civilization, But Global Warming Could
Monday, November 16, 2015 03:20 PM

By: Cathy Burke

Western civilization won't ever be destroyed by terrorists – but global warming "could and might" do just that, according to Nobel laureate economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman.

In a commentary Monday, Krugman argues the most recent slaughter of innocents in Paris by terrorists was designed to inspire fear and horror, "but the biggest danger terrorism poses to our society comes not from the direct harm inflicted, but from the wrong-headed responses it can inspire."

"Terrorism is just one of many dangers in the world, and shouldn't be allowed to divert our attention from other issues," Krugman writes.

"Sorry, conservatives: when President Obama describes climate change as the greatest threat we face, he's exactly right. Terrorism can't and won't destroy our civilization, but global warming could and might."

Krugman brushes aside GOP presidential contender Jeb Bush's declaration to conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt that last week's ISIS attacks in Paris was "an organized effort to destroy Western civilization."

"No, it isn't. It's an organized attempt to sow panic, which isn't at all the same thing," Krugman writes. "And remarks like that, which blur that distinction and make terrorists seem more powerful than they are, just help the jihadists' cause."

He also scolds Texas Sen. Ted Cruz for suggesting a "zero tolerance for civilian casualties" in airstrikes might show a reluctance that limits America's response to terrorism.

"It would, however, do wonders for terrorist recruitment," Krugman writes.

And it's impossible to eliminate "every conceivable threat," he writes, taking to task Donald Rumsfeld's alleged remarks on 9/11 to his aides to "'Sweep it all up. Things related and not.'"

"The result was a disastrous war that actually empowered terrorists, and set the stage for the rise of ISIS," Krugman writes.

"There will have to be a post-mortem on why such an elaborate plot wasn't spotted," he adds of the Paris attacks. "But do you remember all the pronouncements that 9/11 would change everything? Well, it didn't — and neither will this atrocity."

"The goal of terrorists is to inspire terror, because that's all they're capable of," he writes. "And the most important thing our societies can do in response is to refuse to give in to fear."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just in case anyone here doesn't already know this let me tell you that PAUL KRUGMAN IS AN IDIOT!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

My God, what have we wrought?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What I take from the remarks of this fool, is a couple of major memes the MSM, Obama, and the Liberals/Leftist are pushing.

The Leftist consider terrorism to be an annoyance, nothing more. They do not care in the least about Paris, or the loss of life. All they care about is that terrorism distracts people from their Leftist agenda. They are angry at the terrorists, but not because they murdered hundreds of innocent people. They don't care about that. They are only pissed that it distracted from the Global Warming agenda. That was the bigger crime the terrorists committed according to the Leftists.

The next insane premise is that opposing or confronting terrorism is impossible, because if you do anything to stop the murderers from murduring, somehow this is supposed to incite them. Ergo, I am going to kill you and you better accept that. Because if you do anything about it, I will kill you even more. This is the best I can do to try to understand their warped logic.

I am glad he wrote this. He, himself, is very much way too stupid to know it, but what he did was to summarize and encapsulate several major themes of Liberal insanity all at once. And for that, I thank you.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

Nobel prize isn't what it used to be. Krugman for economics and Obama for subversion. What were those crazy swedes and Norwegians thinking?

Offline andy58-in-nh

Nobel prize isn't what it used to be. Krugman for economics and Obama for subversion. What were those crazy swedes and Norwegians thinking?
And the Nobel prize for self-destructive lunacy goes to...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn