Author Topic: AS PARIS BURNED: Obama Quietly Doubles Processing Centers for Syrian Refugees into the U.S.  (Read 2728 times)

rangerrebew

Obama still plans to accept 10,000 Syrian refugees despite Paris terrorist attacks

A top White House adviser said Sunday that President Obama still plans to accept 10,000 Syrian refugees even as Republicans insisted that it’s all but impossible to stop terrorists from hiding among the migrants.

“We’re still planning to take in Syrian refugees,” Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes said on “Fox News Sunday.”

One of the terrorists in Friday’s deadly attacks on Paris reportedly may have used a Syrian passport to enter Europe with a flood of refugees, but Mr. Rhodes expressed confidence in the background-check system.

“We have very robust vetting procedures for those refugees. It involves our intelligence community, our National Counterterrorism Center, extensive interviews, vetting them against all the available information,” Mr. Rhodes said.

Rep. Peter King, the New York Republican who heads the House Homeland Security intelligence subcommittee, called that statement “untrue.”

“There’s virtually no vetting because there are no databases in Syria. There are no government records. We don’t know who these people are,” Mr. King said on “Fox News Sunday.” “And when you meet with the people doing the vetting, they tell us that.”

“They [the White House] are rolling the dice here, and we know that ISIS wants to bring in terrorists with these refugees,” Mr. King said.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, who is seeking the GOP’s presidential nomination, agreed that “the problem is not the background checks, the problem is that we can’t background-check them.”

“You can’t pick up the phone and call Syria, and that’s one of the reason I’ve said we won’t be able to take more refugees,” Mr. Rubio said on ABC’s “This Week.” “It’s not that we don’t want to, it’s that we can’t, because there’s no way to background-check someone that’s coming from Syria. Who do you call and do a background check on them?”

Mr. Rhodes cited the “tragic victims of this conflict,” saying “there are women and children, orphans of this war, and I think we need to do our part along with our allies to provide them with a safe haven.” The Islamic State, also known as ISIS, has seized huge swaths of Iraq and Syria.

But Mr. Rubio argued that “you can have 1,000 refugees come in, and 999 are just poor people fleeing oppression and violence, but one of them is an ISIS fighter.”

“If that’s case, you have a problem,” Mr. Rubio said. “And there’s no way to vet them out. There’s no background-check system in the world that allows us to find that out because who do you call in Syria to background-check them?”

Mr. King agreed that the White House should suspend its plans to bring in refugees “unless they can show 100 percent that a person is not involved with ISIS.”

“[R]ight now there is no responsible way to do the vetting, and that’s the reality. And why people like Ben Rhodes continue to say this is beyond me,” Mr. King said. “To me it’s as misguided as the president saying that he has contained ISIS.”

The day before the Paris terrorist attacks, Mr. Obama told ABC News that he believed ISIS had been “contained.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/15/obama-still-plans-to-accept-10000-syrian-refugees-/
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:24:04 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline famousdayandyear

AS PARIS BURNED: Obama Quietly Doubles Processing Centers for Syrian Refugees into the U.S.
By Sara Noble

As Parisians were being slaughtered by radical Islamists, of whom at least one and perhaps two were migrants, Barack Obama was opening new processing centers which will double the number available to refugees in the Middle East in an effort to speed up and increase the numbers to be admitted.

Most Syrians are screened at U.S. resettlement at centers in Istanbul and Amman, Jordan.

The Obama administration is moving to increase and accelerate the number of Syrian refugees who might be admitted into the United States by opening new screening outposts in Iraq and Lebanon, administration officials told Reuters on Friday.

“We want to be in a place where we can push out really ambitious goals,” said one of the officials, who spoke to Reuters on the condition of anonymity.

Lebanon had been closed because it’s too dangerous. What’s changed? If anything it’s more dangerous.

Barack Obama wants to move them in before Americans start demanding the massive flow be halted.

We no longer know how many refugees he is going to take in. There is a veil of silence but we know that it was originally 10,000 additional Syrians, 200,000 refugees each year for two years, and we know the Democrats want far more.

It was a Syrian migrant according to the latest news reports who was found among the dead suicide bombers in Paris Friday night, having entered Serbia on October 2nd where he was vetted and vetted again Greece on October 3rd.

The media will tell us the US is taking too few but we take in more than all the other countries combined.

The U.S. State Department confirmed the plans to open a refugee settlement processing center in Erbil, Iraq, before the end of 2015, and to resume refugee processing in Lebanon in early 2016, said spokeswoman Danna Van Brandt.

Both are hotbeds of terrorist activities.

We already have nine screening centers worldwide and DHS employees – clerks – will decide who can come in and be resettled. The intelligence agencies have told us we cannot vet these people so we’ve decided to turn it over to bureaucrats.

Some Republicans are concerned about national security.

“We have little or no information about who these people are … no ability to determine whether they are radicalized,” Republican Senator Jeff Sessions said at a hearing on Oct. 2.

When are Americans going to start paying attention?

Read more at Independent Sentinel.
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2015/11/as-paris-burned-obama-quietly-doubles.html#more

Offline GourmetDan

Don't listen to what he says... watch what he does...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline famousdayandyear

Offline libertybele

Don't listen to what he says... watch what he does...

Actually we don't have time to just sit around and wait.  We need to call our Senators and Representatives and demand NO further Syrian refugee resettlement into this country.  No faxes, no e-mails - Phone Calls!  Let's jam their phone lines!!

Senators:

http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/

Congressmen:

http://www.house.gov/representatives/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline famousdayandyear

Actually we don't have time to just sit around and wait.  We need to call our Senators and Representatives and demand NO further Syrian refugee resettlement into this country.  No faxes, no e-mails - Phone Calls!  Let's jam their phone lines!!

Senators:

http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/

Congressmen:

http://www.house.gov/representatives/

I wish that still worked.  We may need drastic intervention--Congress no longer pays attention to constituents, only lobbyists with $$$.  Sad, but true.

Offline libertybele

I wish that still worked.  We may need drastic intervention--Congress no longer pays attention to constituents, only lobbyists with $$$.  Sad, but true.

I disagree that it doesn't work.  What do you suggest?  What drastic intervention??  Anyone else with suggestions?  All I do know, is now is NOT the time to be complacent and feel that we can't do anything.  I don't think sitting around and waiting for ISIS to attack us is an option.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Those figures are for 2014.  I imagine the map for 2015 is even worse.  I wonder if gun sales are going to go up again?

Offline famousdayandyear

I disagree that it doesn't work.  What do you suggest?  What drastic intervention??  Anyone else with suggestions?  All I do know, is now is NOT the time to be complacent and feel that we can't do anything.  I don't think sitting around and waiting for ISIS to attack us is an option.

Whatever change we can effect will be at the state/local level.  Better to call your governor's office, state representative, city councilman, than even bother with DC.  Lots of us tried to stop the Iran deal.  How did that work
out with McConnell and Boehner at the helm.  Congress looks at these people as a voting bloc.  Period.   The states still wield some power in spite of $$$ being pushed from DC.  JMO

Offline libertybele

Whatever change we can effect will be at the state/local level.  Better to call your governor's office, state representative, city councilman, than even bother with DC.  Lots of us tried to stop the Iran deal.  How did that work
out with McConnell and Boehner at the helm.  Congress looks at these people as a voting bloc.  Period.   The states still wield some power in spite of $$$ being pushed from DC.  JMO

Ok, whatever works for you.  We can either work it by calling those from the bottom to the top or from the top to the bottom.  The point being, we absolutely cannot afford to sit and do nothing.  The sad thing is, most people won't even get off their butts and make a darn phone call.  Most are sitting back and thinking; this is the U.S.A., it's can't happen here.  Our president knows it and our Congressmen know it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

It's one of the few weapons at our disposal.  I would rather say I tried it, than that I did nothing.

Offline famousdayandyear

Ok, whatever works for you.  We can either work it by calling those from the bottom to the top or from the top to the bottom.  The point being, we absolutely cannot afford to sit and do nothing.  The sad thing is, most people won't even get off their butts and make a darn phone call.  Most are sitting back and thinking; this is the U.S.A., it's can't happen here.  Our president knows it and our Congressmen know it.

I'm not saying that this is what works for me, but for the country.  Only the states have the power to shut down the resettlement centers within their borders.  The governor can do that.  The county sheriffs can do that.  Mayors can do that. Example:  Bobby Jindal in Louisiana and the governor of Michigan have just stated they will do just that.

Offline libertybele

I'm not saying that this is what works for me, but for the country.  Only the states have the power to shut down the resettlement centers within their borders.  The governor can do that.  The county sheriffs can do that.  Mayors can do that. Example:  Bobby Jindal in Louisiana and the governor of Michigan have just stated they will do just that.

Ok, agreed.   :beer:   It is more advantageous to call our governors and the local sheriffs office and I am committed to doing so.  However, I still think it is  important to make demands of our senators and representatives as well.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:43:02 am by libertybele »

Offline famousdayandyear

Ok, agreed.   :beer:   It is more advantageous to call our governors and the local sheriffs office ad I am committed to doing so.  However, I still think it is  important to make demands of our senators and representatives as well.

Yep.  Thank God for the Tenth Amendment and Article 1 of the Constitution.
So far, the nation is a federation of  50 SOVEREIGN states.
 :beer: :beer: :beer: 

Here's an excerpt from The Detroit Free Press.
Snyder Suspends Efforts To Settle Syrian Refugees

Paul Egan, Detroit Free Press Lansing Bureau
4:51 p.m. EST November 15, 2015

Excerpt:

LANSING -- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder says he is suspending efforts to bring Syrian refugees to Michigan in light of the deadly terrorist attacks in Paris on Friday.

"Given the terrible situation in Paris, I've directed that we put on hold our efforts to accept new refugees until the U.S. Department of Homeland Security completes a full review of security clearances and procedures," Snyder said in a statement released by his office on Sunday.

"Michigan is a welcoming state and we are proud of our rich history of immigration," the statement said. "But our first priority is protecting the safety of our residents."

Offline libertybele

Thanks for the info.  Together we CAN and we WILL make a difference! 

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
famousdayandyear wrote above:
"The governor can do that.  The county sheriffs can do that.  Mayors can do that. Example:  Bobby Jindal in Louisiana and the governor of Michigan have just stated they will do just that."

I applaud their actions.

But...

What happens when the federal troops arrive in their states, leading busloads of the Syrian "refugees", just as they did back in 1963 when George Wallace tried to block the doorway at the University of Alabama?

What will happen then?

This is presented as a serious question and I predict that it will come to this.

Offline famousdayandyear

"The governor can do that.  The county sheriffs can do that.  Mayors can do that. Example:  Bobby Jindal in Louisiana and the governor of Michigan have just stated they will do just that."

I applaud their actions.

But...

What happens when the federal troops arrive in their states, leading busloads of the Syrian "refugees", just as they did back in 1963 when George Wallace tried to block the doorway at the University of Alabama?

What will happen then?

This is presented as a serious question and I predict that it will come to this.

In 1963, there was not a national security issue at stake.
In 2015, there is a very real threat to the security of all US citizens.

You may be right that it will come to this.   

One of the few powers granted to the feds is to ensure the safety of all her citizens.  And this power has been granted to the feds by the states.  If the feds do not exercise this power, then the states must step in and do so.

I think many Americans do not realize that the founders meant for the federation (the Republic) to act in accordance with the permission of the states--not the other way round.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline xfreeper

no wonder I love WY and MT

Offline libertybele

I applaud their actions.

But...

What will happen then?

What happens?  We have called upon our governors to suspend bringing in refugees into our states. "We the People" have two choices.  Either we sit and accept what the federal troops are doing or we STAND with our governors.  This is OUR country.  This country does NOT belong to the refugees.  Our forefathers and many many others have died in defending our freedom so that future generations would remain free.  This is the land of the free because of the brave.  Never forget that.

Offline GourmetDan

Yep, that was exactly Wallace's point...  federal intrusion on state's rights. 

"Never waste a good crisis" has been around for a long time...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan