Author Topic: Neil Cavuto Schools Student Who Wants Free College  (Read 679 times)

rangerrebew

Neil Cavuto Schools Student Who Wants Free College
« on: November 13, 2015, 01:25:10 pm »

Neil Cavuto Schools Student Who Wants Free College

Keely Mullen, one of the lead organizers of the Million Student March, spoke with Neil Cavuto on Fox Business [1] on Thursday saying that “[t]he movement, the Million Student March, is a movement for a more equitable and fair system of education,” noting that others should have to pay for college students’ schooling.

Neil Cavuto had just one question for the young college student: “And how’s that going to be paid?”

“The movement, the Million Student March, is a movement for a more equitable and fair system of education, as opposed to the really corporate model that we have right now,” says Keely Mullen. “So, the three core demands of the national day of action are: (1) free public college, (2) a cancellation of student debt, and (3) a $15 an hour minimum wage for people who work on the campus.”

“And how’s that going to be paid?” asked Cavuto.

“Umm, great question,” said Keely Mullen. “Uh, I mean, you know, so. I’m not sure if you’re talking on like a national level or particular schools. I can sort of touch on both.”

“Well, if you want all that stuff, someone has to pick up the tab,” said Cavuto. “Who would that be?”

“Umm, the one percent of people in society that are hoarding the wealth and really sort of causing a catastrophe that students are facing. I mean, we have a relationship right now where one percent of the population own more wealth than the 99 percent combined … .”

Cavuto then pressed in further, asking the college student Mullen practical questions regarding the feasibility of the Million Student March’s ideals. Needless to say, Cavuto seemed unmoved by her answers.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris/neil-cavuto-schools-student-who-wants-free-college

Offline aligncare

Re: Neil Cavuto Schools Student Who Wants Free College
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 01:45:59 pm »

Yikes! Watching this interview was hard. It felt kinda like those beheading videos. (Not that I ever look at those - I don't have the stomach for that.) I mean, you knew what was coming. Poor kid didn't stand a chance. She must have thought she would be interviewed by a mainstream media twit. Turned out she played that role.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 01:57:04 pm »
The sad thing is that where this young, ignorant twit came from, there are (literally) millions more just like her.

We are witnessing the ugly results of decades of indoctrination and brainwashing.

Completely irresponsibility and idiocy.

And their parents are paying $60,000/annum to make their kids this stupid.....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 02:12:26 pm »
The sad thing is that where this young, ignorant twit came from, there are (literally) millions more just like her.

We are witnessing the ugly results of decades of indoctrination and brainwashing.

Completely irresponsibility and idiocy.

And their parents are paying $60,000/annum to make their kids this stupid.....   **nononono*

Yup! Sad but true!

I wanted SO badly to be able to actually give her a free education!  Sentence her to WORK along side her local plumber for a year!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:15:47 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien