Author Topic: Sister Souljah: Hillary reminds me of ‘the slave plantation’  (Read 234 times)

rangerrebew

Sister Souljah: Hillary reminds me of ‘the slave plantation’
« on: November 13, 2015, 12:44:56 pm »
November 12, 2015, 06:10 pm
Sister Souljah: Hillary reminds me of ‘the slave plantation’

By Mark Hensch

Author and recording artist Sister Souljah on Thursday blasted Hillary Clinton’s public persona.

“She reminds me too much of the slave plantation white wife of the white ‘master,’ ” Souljah said, according to Time.

ADVERTISEMENT
“She talks down to people [and] is condescending and pandering,” she said of the Democratic presidential front-runner.

“She even talked down to the commander in chief, President Barack Obama, while she was under his command,” Souljah added, referencing Clinton’s tenure as secretary of State from 2009 to 2013.

Souljah’s remarks continue a feud with Hillary Clinton and former President Bill Clinton that began more than a 20 years ago.

Then-Gov. Bill Clinton (D-Ark.) memorably chastised Souljah for remarks she made calling for violence against whites in 1992.

“If black people kill black people every day, why not have a week and kill white people?” Souljah asked after the Los Angeles race riots that year.

“If you took the words ‘white’ and ‘black,’ and you reversed them, you might think David Duke was giving that speech,” Bill Clinton responded in June 1992, referencing the former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard.

Souljah dismissed the former president’s remarks during her interview over the incident Thursday.

“If you ask my view, even if it’s not your view, you have to handle that,” she said. "Don’t tell me I hurt your feelings. I’m not your kindergarten teacher.”

Souljah then argued that race relations are largely unimproved following the election of President Obama.

“[Obama] is fearful and powerless to stop his military and police force from executing innocent people based on race,” she said.

“One of the things I have tried to make clear is that racism is a system of power,” Souljah said. "That system did not go away.

“There have been changes in the nuances of it, but the system is still intact, and it’s still institutionalized.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/260009-sister-souljah-hillary-reminds-me-of-the-slave-plantation

« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 12:45:52 pm by rangerrebew »