Author Topic: 9-Year-Old Boy Sends Love Note: School FREAKS OUT  (Read 452 times)

rangerrebew

9-Year-Old Boy Sends Love Note: School FREAKS OUT
« on: November 12, 2015, 01:53:47 pm »
9-Year-Old Boy Sends Love Note: School FREAKS OUT

Robert Gehl
November 12, 2015

A simple love note has landed a Florida fourth-grader in the principal’s office, accused of sexual harassment.

The Hillsborough 9-year-old passed a sweet love note to the girl he has a crush on, but when it was discovered, he was sent to the principal’s office accused of sexual harassment.

“He’s nine!” his mother said. “What little kid doesn’t write love notes?” Mom described the love note:

“How she wears the same uniform and how her eyes sparkled like diamonds.”

But when the other kids found out about the crush, they began teasing the boy, making jokes about how he wanted to see the little girl naked.

Love-noteAll typical fourth-grade stuff, right?

Nope. Not anymore. WPTV reports:

“That’s when the principal proceeded to tell me that it wasn’t appropriate that he was writing the note and that if he writes another note, they are going to file sexual harassment charges on my 9-year-old,” the mom said.

Hillsborough school district said the boy wrote more than one note and that the notes were unwanted, so that borders on harassment.

“It may be something he thought was very sweet and innocent,” said Dr. Valerie McClain, a licensed psychologist in Tampa.

McClain told ABC Action News she doesn’t think this is sexual harassment, but she does encourage parents to talk to their child about boundaries — what is and is not appropriate in a school setting.

“What needs to happen is education needs to be provided about how to relate to this young girl or how to stay away from talking to her, if that’s the goal,” McClain said.

In the meantime, Hillsborough schools said teachers discourage kids from passing notes because it can cause classroom disruptions like this one.

But this mother maintains her son did nothing wrong.

“My 9-year-old doesn’t even know what sexual harassment means,” she said.

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/9-year-old-boy-sends-love-note-school-freaks-out
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:54:34 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline aligncare

Re: 9-Year-Old Boy Sends Love Note: School FREAKS OUT
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 02:01:09 pm »

People are out of their freakin' minds. Nuff said.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 02:07:12 pm »
People are out of their freakin' minds.

Mega-dittos...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 02:19:12 pm »
People are out of their freakin' minds. Nuff said.

Amen!  The world's gone mad.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Millee

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 03:15:58 pm »
If he gave it to another boy, the school would be fine with it.   **nononono*

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 03:50:29 pm »
If he gave it to another boy, the school would be fine with it.   **nononono*

Oh........... GOOD point, Millee.  They certainly would!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 03:43:59 am »
“That’s when the principal proceeded to tell me that it wasn’t appropriate that he was writing the note and that if he writes another note, they are going to file sexual harassment charges on my 9-year-old,” the mom said.

Her first reply to the principal SHOULD HAVE been that her son was no longer a student at that school.

And then, she should have immediately sought to enroll him in private or parochial school.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 02:58:22 am »
:facepalm2: