Author Topic: Opinion: Sorry Trump, "Operation Wetback" Was a National Disgrace  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Paladin

Re: Opinion: Sorry Trump, "Operation Wetback" Was a National Disgrace
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2015, 06:33:39 am »
And since the Court is appointed for life, and there are NO checks and balances on what they do [aside from re-drafting laws, or amending the constitution, which is neither]  the Court is, in fact, not co-equal, but superior to the other branches. And that is NOT what they intended. Something to consider before you spout off like that.

That is not exactly true, PzLdr. Art III, section 2 provides: "In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make."

Congress has the authority to determine which cases the federal courts, including the Supreme Court, shall consider. The only thing is Congress has never chosen to exercise that power.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Opinion: Sorry Trump, "Operation Wetback" Was a National Disgrace
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2015, 02:33:46 pm »
That is not exactly true, PzLdr. Art III, section 2 provides: "In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make."

Congress has the authority to determine which cases the federal courts, including the Supreme Court, shall consider. The only thing is Congress has never chosen to exercise that power.

And THAT ladies and gentlemen is the root of our problem!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien