Author Topic: Live Frisked or Die [Mark Steyn]  (Read 386 times)

Offline Paladin

Live Frisked or Die [Mark Steyn]
« on: November 11, 2015, 01:46:03 am »
"The corrupt and insulting sense of entitlement of the Clinton campaign is quite remarkable. On Monday, the former Secretary of State, who currently holds no public office, filed her entry as a presidential candidate in the New Hampshire primary. This is a formal requirement which these days candidates turn into a promotional event. However, in the four decades he has served as New Hampshire's Secretary of State, Bill Gardner has never been treated as contemptuously as he was yesterday by Mrs Clinton. Her Secret Service detail required that Secretary Gardner submit to a humiliating pat down for the privilege of entering his own office to participate in Hillary's crappy photo op.

Just to be clear here, on this occasion Mr Gardner is the public official and Mrs Clinton a mere citizen (citizens being these days extremely mere). But, as in her email scandal, the rules that apply to others do not apply to her. So for Hillary, who cared so little for security as America's chief foreign policy official that she let the Russians, Chinese and any other half-competent intelligence service read her emails in real time, the real security threat is dear old Bill Gardner.

As for the Secret Service agents willing to do this, they too are beneath contempt. This is a stupid and wasteful agency that can't secure the White House grounds or keep its hands off Cartagena hookers, and used its money-no-object to budget to fly a bazillion agents into South Africa for Nelson Mandela's funeral to stand the President threee feet away from a violent schizophrenic with a necklacing conviction. Even so, what sort of depraved husk of a human being do you have to be not to understand that what they did to Mr Gardner is not only inappropriate - they're guests of his - but ultimately profoundly corrupting of the integrity of the republic.

My friend Hugh Hewitt has a new bio of Hillary called The Queen, which title I feel is rather unfair to actual monarchs. Can you imagine Queen Elizabeth or Prince William arriving on a formal visit to, say, the Manitoba legislature or the South Australia parliament and having the premiers frisked? This isn't "security", it's intimidation: it's a message to everyone else that she matters - and you don't."

http://www.steynonline.com/7282/live-frisked-or-die

Can someone please explain why this Gardner guy didn't simply say, "In your dreams", and walk away? Maybe it has something to do with his being a Democrat instead of a man.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.