Author Topic: Clinton denies she is too close to Wall Street  (Read 405 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Clinton denies she is too close to Wall Street
« on: November 07, 2015, 05:02:18 am »
Democratic pResidential front-runner Hillary Clinton says the Wall Street bankers who gave her millions of dollars don’t have any influence over her policy positions.

Asked whether she is too close to Goldman Sachs and other Wall Street special interests to “reel them in,” Clinton replied that “anybody who thinks that they can influence what I can do doesn’t know me very well.”

“They can actually look and see what I have said and done throughout my career,” Clinton told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow at the First in the South Presidential Candidates Forum at Rock Hill, S.C. on Friday.

“I went to Wall Street. I went to the NASDAQ in December 2007 and basically said, ‘You guys have got to stop it. What you are doing is not only a disaster for home owners because of the mortgage foreclosures … but it’s going to have dire consequences for our country.’ ”

Clinton answered most questions confidently, but seemed to get tripped up when Maddow asked about her support for the death penalty – a position opposed by many on the left, including Democratic primary rival Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

Clinton’s answer — crammed with qualifiers — suggested an extreme ambivalence in her position.

Asked whether she would be disappointed if the Supreme Court struck down the death penalty as unconstitutional, Clinton said no.

“If the Supreme Court said, ‘No it violates the eighth amendment, it’s cruel and unusual punishment’ … I would breathe a sigh of relief about that, because I think many states have gone way too far,” she said, trying to explain her position.

“What I was talking about in my remarks recently was the federal system, where the numbers are much smaller,” Clinton added.

“And I do have some questions about removing [the death penalty] completely for terrorism, as an example. Right now Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind behind the 9/11 attack, is going through the judicial process,” she continued.

"We had Timothy McVeigh who put a bomb at the federal building in Oklahoma City. So there are some really heinous crimes that are in my view still arguably ones that should potentially have the death penalty.”

MAKE FUN OF THIS STORY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
I too laughed at the headline.  I laughed at the story.  I laughed at the quotes.
Then I realized I was running out of oxygen.
My wife had to call an ambulance because I could not stop laughing
When the EMTs arrived and asked me what was wrong, I pointed to my computer screen and they too doubled over with laughter.  It soon became apparent that Hillary had doomed us all with her Presidential aspirations and the room went black.

Fortunately one of the EMTs was a lesbian/feminist...but I repeat myself....and she saw no humor in the headline.  She was able to resuscitate me and the others lickety split.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Clinton denies she is too close to Wall Street
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 12:22:03 pm »
Is there anything Clinton doesn't deny?? 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 01:42:10 pm »
Is there anything Clinton doesn't deny?? 

Claiming to be a female [helps her in Dem ID politics]
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 05:58:37 pm »
Democratic pResidential front-runner Hillary Clinton says the Wall Street bankers who gave her millions of dollars don’t have any influence over her policy positions

Okay, that's good enough for me.  Move on, nothing to see here.    :nometalk: