Author Topic: Carson Fabricated West Point Story  (Read 9775 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Carson Fabricated West Point Story
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2015, 07:14:11 pm »
http://www.dailywire.com/news/960/no-ben-carson-didnt-lie-about-west-point-its-ben-shapiro?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=110615-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

No, Ben Carson Didn't Lie About West Point. It's Another Media Hit Job.

See the media, not Carson is the liar.

At the end of my twelfth grade I marched at the head of the Memorial Day parade. I felt so proud, my chest bursting with ribbons and braids of every kind. To make it more wonderful, We had important visitors that day. Two soldiers who had won the Congressional Medal of Honor in Viet Nam were present. More exciting to me, General William Westmoreland (very prominent in the Viet Nam war) attended with an impressive entourage. Afterward, Sgt. Hunt introduced me to General Westmoreland, and I had dinner with him and the Congressional Medal winners. Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point. I didn’t refuse the scholarship outright, but I let them know that a military career wasn’t where I saw myself going.

The only problem is it is being reported that Carson admitted the he lied.  Regardless of how trivial or insignificant this may seem, a lie is a lie.  Combine this with his troubled youth where he hit his own mother in the head with a hammer and any way you cut it, things aren't looking good for him.  Yes, it is a given that the MSM is much more critical of the GOP.  With Carson, keep in mind that he has no political record to check for accuracy on or dispute, his record as a surgeon is not really relative to the presidency ... so the only thing left is to question his character and what he says.  We know that he is a neurosurgeon and we know that he talks a "conservative" talk ... but nothing else is really known about him.  Obviously we now know that there is a problem with him being less than truthful.  The only redeeming thing is right now at least he has admitted to lying and he hasn't used another lie to cover up this one.

http://fortune.com/2015/11/06/ben-carson-west-point/?xid=yahoo_fortune
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2015, 07:25:24 pm »
More non Truth by the LIB media. Carson did not even apply to West Point. He meet with Gen Westmoreland at a ROTC banquet and the Gen told him to go to West Point and what the advantages were and they would put him on scholarship. EVERYONE at any Service Academy is on scholarship??. Rather than explaining to Carson who was 17 at the time how it would be paid for he used the common term Scholarship. Of course that was never explained in the HIT piece was designed to make CARSON is a LIAR! The above courtesy of RUSH today? :patriot:

This whole political hit piece is a non-issue and nothing like what it first appears in the headline. The only issue I have with Ben Carson is his Flat Tax Plan.   We have had a candidate or two in every election going back to Barry Goldwater who campaigned on a flat income tax.    It does not go over well with the electorate, and never has. We can debate all day long on the merits of a Flat Tax Plan,  but convincing people that it will mean they pay less, and it will bring more money in, is impossible. Just as Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan brought him down from his early popularity - so I fear the same will happen for Carson- unless he is more convincing.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2015, 07:31:58 pm »
Oh, the drama of it all. Gotta measure up in every respect, to run with these "big dogs." Carson is not the guy for me, for several reasons.

Same for me but there are many who wish him destroyed for reasons not directly related to this nomination process.

**added "are"**
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:28:36 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online libertybele

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2015, 07:32:59 pm »

This whole political hit piece is a non-issue and nothing like what it first appears in the headline. The only issue I have with Ben Carson is his Flat Tax Plan.   We have had a candidate or two in every election going back to Barry Goldwater who campaigned on a flat income tax.    It does not go over well with the electorate, and never has. We can debate all day long on the merits of a Flat Tax Plan,  but convincing people that it will mean they pay less, and it will bring more money in, is impossible. Just as Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan brought him down from his early popularity - so I fear the same will happen for Carson- unless he is more convincing.

For me, there is nothing convincing right now about Carson.  He can say all he wants; but again it is being reported that he lied about West Point -- for the past 25 years.  He has been trying to convince everyone that he's this great conservative, etc., etc.  We have no record to check but this one - he lies.

As for Cain, it wasn't so much his flat tax plan that sunk him, it was his extramarital affair and lie.  Prior to that, I did a little research, and he proposed "empowerment zones" which would basically give those businesses or residents who resided in impoverished areas certain "entitlements" not afforded to others.  That eliminated him from my scorecard long before the MSM had a field day with him.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 07:34:05 pm »
Oh, the drama of it all. Gotta measure up in every respect, to run with these "big dogs." Carson is not the guy for me, for several reasons.

Actually the speed and effectiveness of the Carson Camapign responded to this smear reassure me.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2015, 07:34:25 pm »
The Politico story is an OUTRIGHT LIE.  Rush just called this a Liberal media LYNCHING of Ben Carson. 

SHAME on anyone for believing it!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:37:37 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2015, 07:35:45 pm »
The only problem is it is being reported that Carson admitted the he lied.  Regardless of how trivial or insignificant this may seem, a lie is a lie.  Combine this with his troubled youth where he hit his own mother in the head with a hammer and any way you cut it, things aren't looking good for him.  Yes, it is a given that the MSM is much more critical of the GOP.  With Carson, keep in mind that he has no political record to check for accuracy on or dispute, his record as a surgeon is not really relative to the presidency ... so the only thing left is to question his character and what he says.  We know that he is a neurosurgeon and we know that he talks a "conservative" talk ... but nothing else is really known about him.  Obviously we now know that there is a problem with him being less than truthful.  The only redeeming thing is right now at least he has admitted to lying and he hasn't used another lie to cover up this one.

Only problem with this analysis is the accusation that "Carson lied" has been prove to be a lie. And then Politico lied again claiming "they admited they lied". False on both counts

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2015, 07:36:31 pm »
For me, there is nothing convincing right now about Carson.  He can say all he wants; but again it is being reported that he lied about West Point -- for the past 25 years.  He has been trying to convince everyone that he's this great conservative, etc., etc.  We have no record to check but this one - he lies.

As for Cain, it wasn't so much his flat tax plan that sunk him, it was his extramarital affair and lie.  Prior to that, I did a little research, and he proposed "empowerment zones" which would basically give those businesses or residents who resided in impoverished areas certain "entitlements" not afforded to others.  That eliminated him from my scorecard long before the MSM had a field day with him.

Ben Carson didn't lie about anything.

Politico lied about Ben Carson.

Be careful not to trust the left just because it tries to destroy a candidate you don't like.

This smear against Carson is "despicable."  (Rush Limbaugh's word).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2015, 07:37:16 pm »
Only problem with this analysis is the accusation that "Carson lied" has been prove to be a lie. And then Politico lied again claiming "they admited they lied". False on both counts

To some people the truth is irrelevant if it supports their own template.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2015, 07:38:42 pm »

Quoting a story that bases it "Facts" on the original proven smear job from Politico, doesn't add creditility. Just because the Media is repeating the lie about Carson, doesn't change their fictions to facts.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2015, 07:39:03 pm »
No, libertybele. The Daily Caller just quoted the Carson campaign saying the politico piece had it wrong. No admission of lying was ever made by Dr Carson.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2015, 07:40:04 pm »

Very sad

I admit I feel for it hook line and sinker. I will know better next time. NEVER trust the "news media".

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2015, 07:42:38 pm »
The Politico story is an OUTRIGHT LIE.  Rush just called this a Liberal media LYNCHING of Ben Carson. 

SHAME on anyone for believing it!

NEEDS REPEATING- and a quick death to this thread.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2015, 07:44:33 pm »
Very sad

I admit I feel for it hook line and sinker. I will know better next time. NEVER trust the "news media".

The left counts on the fact that most of us believe an initial report and don't pay any attention thereafter.

They are trying to destroy an African-American who has dared walk off the plantation.  They hate black conservatives with a deep passion, and the best way to destroy Carson is to take away trust in him.

His strongest suit is his impeccable integrity, so they needed to attack him at his moral core.

The left is so despicable I can't describe my hatred for them.

Unfortunately, many people will believe the lie because they want to believe it, and it will hurt Carson.

Whether or not conservatives support Carson himself, everyone should be incensed at their vile attacks on conservatives.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2015, 07:45:50 pm »

I didn't want Carson to be the nominee before this story today came out.  There are enough other things about him that disturb me for this to be a game-changer.  I'm not going to call him a liar - but I will call him a man that has some strange beliefs that frankly, bother me.  He's just not my cup of tea.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2015, 07:46:32 pm »
The left counts on the fact that most of us believe an initial report and don't pay any attention thereafter.

They are trying to destroy an African-American who has dared walk off the plantation.  They hate black conservatives with a deep passion, and the best way to destroy Carson is to take away trust in him.

His strongest suit is his impeccable integrity, so they needed to attack him at his moral core.

The left is so despicable I can't describe my hatred for them.

Unfortunately, many people will believe the lie because they want to believe it, and it will hurt Carson.

Whether or not conservatives support Carson himself, everyone should be incensed at their vile attacks on conservatives.

Good post. Needed saying.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2015, 07:47:59 pm »
I didn't want Carson to be the nominee before this story today came out.  There are enough other things about him that disturb me for this to be a game-changer.  I'm not going to call him a liar - but I will call him a man that has some strange beliefs that frankly, bother me.  He's just not my cup of tea.

That's irrelevant to this conversation.  It doesn't matter if we support his candidacy or not. 

EVERY PERSON on this board should be incensed at Politico and this vile lie.

Online libertybele

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2015, 07:55:14 pm »
Ok ... numerous news sources have stated that he lied and several news sources have stated that he admitted to the lie. Just about everyone in here believes that he didn't lie about West Point.  If indeed this is nothing more than a media "smear", he needs to do some serious damage control; he needs to be interviewed by someone like Beck, or Limbaugh, perhaps Levin and ask him to please clarify.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2015, 07:59:37 pm »
Ok ... numerous news sources have stated that he lied and several news sources have stated that he admitted to the lie. Just about everyone in here believes that he didn't lie about West Point.  If indeed this is nothing more than a media "smear", he needs to do some serious damage control; he needs to be interviewed by someone like Beck, or Limbaugh, perhaps Levin and ask him to please clarify.

That's the goal of the left, libertybele.  Remember it's not the TRUTH that matters, but the "seriousness of the charge."

They make it up.  They spread it around.  People believe it.  And a person's character is destroyed by the lie.

Now Carson has to "prove" he didn't say what he didn't say.

He even has to prove it to you, because you already believe he's a liar and have spread it around.

The left has succeeded in their goal.

Online libertybele

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2015, 08:23:21 pm »
That's the goal of the left, libertybele.  Remember it's not the TRUTH that matters, but the "seriousness of the charge."

They make it up.  They spread it around.  People believe it.  And a person's character is destroyed by the lie.

Now Carson has to "prove" he didn't say what he didn't say.

He even has to prove it to you, because you already believe he's a liar and have spread it around.

The left has succeeded in their goal.

I didn't initiate the post and before I replied to it I checked out several news sources and before I could even finish, it was being reported that he admitted to the lie.  As for me spreading it around, I didn't have to as the story is a "media frenzy" right now.  As I have stated previously, if he didn't lie, he needs to do some damage control as now news sources are saying that his campaign has admitted to the lie. Either he lied or he didn't.  If I was in his position and I was completely innocent I would be on the defensive and certainly publicly declare my innocence.  If he's innocent he doesn't have to prove anything.  If he's lying, that's a whole different story.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:26:36 pm by libertybele »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2015, 08:29:43 pm »
Reuters is still reporting the report as fact, as is MSN.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online libertybele

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2015, 08:36:34 pm »
Reuters is still reporting the report as fact, as is MSN.

Fox news is now reporting that his campaign is "pushing back"... I agree wholeheartedly with a quote in the article from Media strategist Pete Snyder, and is in essence what I have been trying to convey;  "When you're not a politician and you don't have a voting record, and you are running on your own narrative (like Carson) .. then this is all fair game..."

I'm not saying that vicious attacks made to destroy someone are in any way acceptable.  But, with the media frenzy that is surrounding this, if he is innocent he needs to publicly come forward and say so.  Nothing more.  He doesn't have to prove anything.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/06/carson-west-point-campaign-controversy/?intcmp=hpbt1
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:38:34 pm by libertybele »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2015, 08:40:37 pm »

So you would prefer us to just stick with the current Marxist income tax and all that it brings us?  Lois Learner being just the latest iteration.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2015, 08:42:05 pm »
From the Ben Shapiro piece:

..."But Carson never said he applied. He said he was extended a full scholarship offer.  ..."

Yes, but even those on the right are too willing to convict him of lying at the first hint from the press.   Sad.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2015, 08:42:15 pm »
If Bewn Carson was a democrat there would BE no story!  That's all anyone needs to know!

Just anoter in a long line of media lynchings!

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:42:46 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien