Author Topic: Carson Fabricated West Point Story  (Read 9744 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Carson Fabricated West Point Story
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2015, 04:24:30 pm »
I curious why you think "global experience" is more important then value, integrity and a backbone?   

Not MORE important but EQUALLY important.  This world moves faster than the speed of light.  We need someone who enters that Oval Office with the God-given and proven ability to think quickly, negotiate smartly, manage resources and personalities effectively and convince both our enemies and our allies that we have learned these lessons.

I am not going to change my mind on this for Ben Carson.  We no longer have that luxury.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:25:25 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2015, 05:13:22 pm »
T I just think you are wrong to think the same people who created the mess are the ones capable of cleaning it up

For the last 30 years we have elected career politicians to DC. Career politicians see everything in terms of politics. They look for a political answer to any problem. We need someone who will look at the problem, listen to his advisers, then say “this is the right thing to do” rather then “this is the politically correct thing to do”.

For a change we need to send someone to DC who has the leadership skills to surround himself with good people, the habit of listening to the advice of those experts instead of his political advisers, and the backbone to make the tough decisions. We need someone to go to DC and say “this, this and this is nonsense, we aren’t doing that any more no matter what the Donor class says”

A career politician, being part of the party machine, is not even going to see those issues in that light. Instead he is going to see the politics of the issue. It just how they are wired.

You don't stick with a blind, lame dying horse just because he knows the way to the barn.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2015, 05:21:35 pm »
T I just think you are wrong to think the same people who created the mess are the ones capable of cleaning it up 

I don't think the Republicans running in the primaries have created the mess.  So, I'm looking carefully to decide which candidate is best able to reverse our course.

And that, IMO, is not Carson.