Author Topic: John McCain Backs Bush 41's Ripping of Rumsfeld  (Read 418 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John McCain Backs Bush 41's Ripping of Rumsfeld
« on: November 06, 2015, 02:07:15 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=700815

Newsmax
John McCain Backs Bush 41's Ripping of Rumsfeld
Thursday, November 5, 2015 05:00 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Sen. John McCain Thursday backed former President George H.W. Bush's negative comments about Donald Rumsfeld in his new biography and slammed the former defense secretary's response as "very regrettable."

"I agree with Bush 41 in that I called for the resignation of Donald Rumsfeld because we were failing in Iraq at the time," McCain, the Arizona Republican who now chairs the Senate Armed Services Committee, told Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC. "Lindsey Graham and Joe Lieberman and I were there enough to see that we were on a downward spiral.

"I’ve got to hand it to George W. Bush," the senator continued. "He fired him after the 2006 election debacle. I praised George W. Bush for that, and he brought in David Petraeus, he brought in the surge, and we turned it all around.

"And unfortunately, then President [Barack] Obama decided to pull everybody out — and all those wasted lives were in vain."

In a new biography — "Destiny and Power: The American Odyssey of George Herbert Walker Bush," by Jon Meacham — Bush 41 said that his son did not benefit from the assistance of Rumsfeld and former Vice President Dick Cheney.

He called Rumsfeld "an arrogant fellow" and Cheney an "iron-ass."

In response, Rumsfeld told NBC News: "Bush 41 is getting up in years and misjudges Bush 43, who I found made his own decisions."

McCain, the 2008 Republican presidential candidate, bashed Rumsfeld's response.

"That's very regrettable to say something like that," he told Mitchell. "One thing about Bush 41 is, as time passes, we appreciate him more and more — not only for as president of the United States but for being such a wonderful, decent man.

"A 19-year-old who was shot down in World War II — just a lovely, lovely man," McCain continued. "And to say that, of course, is frankly authenticates the comments that are made about Donald Rumsfeld."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: John McCain Backs Bush 41's Ripping of Rumsfeld
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 02:39:51 pm »
Of course! RINOS gotta stick together you know!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 04:45:54 pm »
This backs up the idea that one is known by one's enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 06:23:37 pm »
...as if McCain's opinion even matters anymore.   :silly:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 06:41:55 pm »

he and the LIB media think they matter. To most  :silly:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 08:38:49 pm »

As long as he's ripping R's, he matters to the MSM.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 08:41:48 pm »
Nice distraction from what Obama's doing to our country, fellas (meaning, Bush, McCain, et al.). Nothing like a circular firing squad. Keep up the good work.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 06:02:26 pm »
McCain should have sought treatment for his PTS.